Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

Now maybe Kyle can get some love and support.
    I always said that I thought Boller would be OK if he could get time to pass. When he fumbled while running to the sideline in the Denver game, I lost ALL hope. IMO, he'll be a backup as long as he is in the NFL...

You know Dave, you make some good but then you go and say you think Ogden retiring is something good?

You bitch at Ray because of what exactly? Did you not bother to listen to just about every player this season "slob over McNair" as you like to put it. Hell, Brian Billick was probably the biggest culprit. Stop singling out Ray just because you have a hard on to bash him.

Ray's over the hill huh? He's the starting MLB on the #1 D. He was ALL over the field on Saturday. Maybe your gonna blame him for tipping those 2 balls that could've been INTs huh? You still think the team drafted Ngata just for Ray? Please, the guy was GREAT this season and is gonna be the anchor of the Dline for a decade.

The McNair debate has alot of merit and deserves major discussion. Ripping the heart and soul of the D after the season and game they had is RIDICULOUS. Talk about pot calling the kettle black. You get on people for bitching about Boller yet you have the nads to bitch about Ray right now?

No, onto the topic at hand.

Stinger basically nailed it in his post above. McNair isn't going anywhere and in all liklelihood will be the starter next season. Boller's contract will be interesting to watch. Could the FO decide to throw him an offer this offseason and see if he bites? Then they can go in next year knowing that Boller will be around and can step in if McNair goes down or needs to be benched.

And of course, if we draft a QB any higher than say, the 4th round, then the writing might be on the wall.

It will be interesting.

PP

Thats the irony here. Mason, for all his hate on Boller and longing for McNair in the offseason, sees that his production has gone down. And while he wouldn't directly hate on McNair, I think its clear that he knows McNair isn't able to get him the ball.
    CBD, when was Mason hating on Boller? I have never heard Mason say a negative thing about Boller. I've even been told that was Mason's attitude "off the record" as well.

I don't know what Mason thinks of McNair at this point. And I am not even going to try and speculate. As I said, Mason has pretty much spoken his mind time and again; and not always to my liking I might add. McNair was the QB this year, not Kyle. So underappreciated might be directed at McNair. He never mentioned him by name so I am not assuming as such. If Mason wants to throw a player under the bus, I think he'd just come out and do it.

Yeah, good to talk to you again too Stinger.

I'll go with what Stinger said, actions speak louder than words, and the FO will do the "speaking" soon.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Pretty predictable thread...

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Once again, you guys have lost your minds.

I will take McNair's 13-3 and one and done in the playoffs

over

Boller's 6-10 season any season you want.

Read these words. Boller is not our future. Boller is not a starting NFL QB. He has shown that how many times now?

You take your team with Boller starting and put it against mine with McNair starting, and I beat you every game you want to play.

Boller appeared to be a different QB with more confidence the few times he made it in the game this year. I am willing to drop McNair, draft a QB, bring in a veteran, and have a three way competition. McNair= Boller IMHO
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    Look at Manning's stats in the game and look at McNair's. They are almost the same. It's just the Ravens didn't get the breaks at the right time.

No it's that when an old QB plays poorly the moron kneejerk fans call him washed up but when a younger QB plays poorly it's just an off day. It's the same mindset that got Frank Robinson run out of Cin at 30 and Roger Clemens out of Bos at 35. If people honestly think S McNair isn't capable of winning the Super Bowl next year their nuts. Now if they have someone better in mind I'd love to hear it.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    No it's that when an old QB plays poorly the moron kneejerk fans call him washed up but when a younger QB plays poorly it's just an off day. It's the same mindset that got Frank Robinson run out of Cin at 30 and Roger Clemens out of Bos at 35. If people honestly think S McNair isn't capable of winning the Super Bowl next year their nuts. Now if they have someone better in mind I'd love to hear it.
    Look at McNairs stats throughout his career and this season oh short sited one. He is a mental midget! Hey how bout that Denver game....nice throw in the endzone huh.......to Champ Bailey
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Look at McNairs stats throughout his career and this season oh short sited one. He is a mental midget! Hey how bout that Denver game....nice throw in the endzone huh.......to Champ Bailey
    You really wanna bring up road performances vs. Denver?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    One thing about next year. . . I would expect in a league of copycats, whatever it was the Bills and Indy did at the end of this season, we should count on seeing a lot of it next season.

Hopefully we will do something to put more muscle into our running game in the off season.

Old and young qb's both have bad days. Coaches too.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You really wanna bring up road performances vs. Denver?

PP
    Or road performances period?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Or road performances period?

PP