Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

did anyone else notice how uncomfortable ozzie got when decosta blurted out that if their is a tight end left that they like in the first round, than they could possible go tight end? ozzie usually doesn't show any emotion, but after decosta said that he started moving around in his seat and his facial expression changed. might have just been a butt itch that he couldnt scratch!

Quote Originally Posted by opbilly View Post
    did anyone else notice how uncomfortable ozzie got when decosta blurted out that if their is a tight end left that they like in the first round, than they could possible go tight end? ozzie usually doesn't show any emotion, but after decosta said that he started moving around in his seat and his facial expression changed. might have just been a butt itch that he couldnt scratch!

As long as the Sun, CCT or Roto doesn't put it out there, I don't think the other 31 FOs are going to bother to watch our presser and pick anything out. Moreover, Eifert (any 1st round TE talk begins and ends with him) won't make it past ATL anyway.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Listen folks, it is time for some reality regarding KO (or Oher) to LT.

Look at the draft. The answer is there.

This draft is stocked with guys who are either already really good guard prospects (Larry Warford, Barrett Jones, Jon Cooper, Chance Warmack, etc). Additionally, there are a lot of OT's who just don't have the size and/or footwork to play OT in the NFL, so moving them to guard will probably make them a better player (DJ Fluker, Justin Pugh, Dallas Thomas, etc).

The Ravens brass is probably thinking that it is going to be easier to find a starting-caliber guard with where they're picking in the draft than it would be to find a starting caliber OT. At least with KO potentially moving to LT, they're giving it to a guy with NFL experience and not some big question mark project player that has zero experience in the NFL.

I'm sure they'll look at taking someone like Chris Faulk, Jordan Mills, or maybe Terron Armstead with hopes that they can use this year to develop them. Maybe this also means they will, in fact, bring back McKinnie. Who knows.

What I will say - which is something I and others have said countless times - is it won't matter who is at LT or RT if the offensive game plan is shit. Against the Giants last year, with Oher at LT, the offense moved the ball really well and Flacco had solid protection. That was due to the game plan and Flacco getting the ball out quickly, which is also a reflection of the game plan.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Listen folks, it is time for some reality regarding KO (or Oher) to LT.
    I agree, it is easier to find a starting guard and they may go in that direction.

In Oher's case I don't see the Giants game as representative of his body of work which points to him being a poor choice for LT. FS didn't grade his play at LT high for any game.

KO wasn't projected to play LT in the NFL because he was thought to lack agility to handle speed rushers. But those reports aren't always correct and he may have improved his technique and skills enough during the last year to make him a viable option. He has the size to play the position and did so in college, so perhaps the reports are correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    In Oher's case I don't see the Giants game as representative of his body of work which points to him being a poor choice for LT. FS didn't grade his play at LT high for any game.
    That's not what I'm saying. Kyle Boller strung together some good games too and a big reason for that was because of the game plan.

Oher is not a good LT and really, he's not a very good RT either. He's average. And that's ok as long as the game plan takes into account the average play at OT. Also, it makes a big difference when Flacco has a clean pocket to step up into. This is, IMO as well as others, one of the biggest reasons for the post-season success. Once they moved KO to guard, Flacco had a lot of nice pockets to step up into and get the ball out quicker.

Again, when I watch games from last year I think you can clearly distinguish the variance in game plan between Cam and Caldwell and how they impacted everyone else on the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Again, when I watch games from last year I think you can clearly distinguish the variance in game plan between Cam and Caldwell and how they impacted everyone else on the field.
    No argument on that point. That's definitely something to get excited about this year. Caldwell was thrown into the position with little time to incorporate his ideas. Given the entire offseason and training camp will allow him to put his stamp on the offense. With last season as an indicator our offense will improve and Caldwell should get another shot as a head coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    Bcraven has been calling KO to LT since he was drafted.
    Thank you, conviction! That I have, although some have implied that I'm a blithering idiot.
    KO looks like a very strong LG, but that's a much easier position to fill than LT. Again, thanks for remembering... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    We have 12 picks, the most in the league. How many of those will make our roster? We have at the most 6 roster spots they can compete for as discussed in a previous thread. Armstead has been mentioned and in no way is he a day 1 starter. Without a move to get a quality LT we are left with the usual suspects; Oher, KO or resign McKinney. Any of those choices carry strong doubts.

I've yet to see anyone accurately predict Ozzie's moves unless I've missed someone making that claim. The safe chance at success is to dismiss anyone else's prediction because most of the speculation that takes place on this board never pans out. Ozzie doesn't show his hand or shows a pattern other than he tries to get the best value he can. I'm not saying he'll definitely trade up, but if he gets an opportunity to get the value he wants I'm sure he would. It's a game of chance and someone has to negotiate with him.
    While I agree that we won't select all 12 picks, and Ozzie will likely make a trade or three, I believe he's not comfortable with trading the following year's (2014) 1st round pick. Perhaps it was the Boller trade (?) If a player he covets falls into his area of comfort, then I can see him trading up (like with Oher), but not using next year's #1 as a bargaining chip... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    although some have implied that I'm a blithering idiot.
    ... Bc
    :word lol j/k, but i do recall someone saying that he would be a LT when he was drafted just didn't recall who it was. Great Job man.

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I hear a lot from you guys about a study on arm length and other physical characteristics for LTs. Does KO fit the physical spectrum. I remember everything thought he was a just a "phone booth guard"
    yes, KO is a mountain of a man. I don't remember excactly what his arm lengthis, but it's well over 32"... His foot quickness is why many envisioned him in the phone booth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    yes, KO is a mountain of a man. I don't remember excactly what his arm lengthis, but it's well over 32"... His foot quickness is why many envisioned him in the phone booth.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...ele?id=2532922

35 7/8"

Holy cow. Note though, Mayock said he didn't see him existing on the outside of the line.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

just watched the video. What Oz said is that "John told Steve Biscotti that if the season started today, KO would be our left tackle".

Makes sense given McKinnie is not on the roster. When asked about that Oz said 'it's a process'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!