Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Maybe its me, but our line is TERRIBLE w Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    All I know is that it's not working and needs to be fixed. Harbaugh needs to make a decision. 4 games with the shittiest run production in the teams history means it's time for action.
    as stubborn as he is? that won't happen

There is bad, and there is historically bad. This was Buffalo, not the Steelers in their prime. Something is very wrong, and it's not just Gino. Harbaugh cannot ignore this, he can't say they "just have to work harder". This would be a BS response.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I believe that moeller knows what's up with castillo and doesn't want to get replaced. You can't have two chiefs. Stupid move bringing in a run coordinator when the running game was fine

Quote Originally Posted by RavinFan View Post
    I believe that moeller knows what's up with castillo and doesn't want to get replaced. You can't have two chiefs. Stupid move bringing in a run coordinator when the running game was fine
    Let's hope Harbs doesn't have any more old cronies who need jobs.

Well with all the personnel losses due to a trade and injuries we knew the offense was going to take a step back. Caldwell is going to be limited in what he can do with no Pitta and Jacoby. Then throw in the experiment known as "ZBS" and that leaves very little room for error. Today's performance was embarrassing but given what some of our other division rivals did we are still in a decent position. The goal is win the division.

NO MORE FREINDS.... No no no no no MORE.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

You want to know how bad the line played today, obviously run blocking needs no words. The last two weeks against supposedly better defenses and pass rushes, they gave up 4 sacks and 5 hits against Cleveland and Houston. Today, 4 sacks and 12 hits, I can't find pressures but I bet there were more than the last two weeks combined as well.

Beyond pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well with all the personnel losses due to a trade and injuries we knew the offense was going to take a step back. Caldwell is going to be limited in what he can do with no Pitta and Jacoby. Then throw in the experiment known as "ZBS" and that leaves very little room for error. Today's performance was embarrassing but...
    No "buts". We had 24 yards rushing and 7 of those were on one draw play. This went way beyond embarrassing. We returned 4 of 5 linemen from a good blocking unit yet these guys are playing like rookies. And against Buffalo, the 2nd WORST run defending team in the entire league. Completely unacceptable.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    No "buts". We had 24 yards rushing and 7 of those were on one draw play. This went way beyond embarrassing. We returned 4 of 5 linemen from a good blocking unit yet these guys are playing like rookies. And against Buffalo, the 2nd WORST run defending team in the entire league. Completely unacceptable.
    thank you

Blog Entries

Stop with the whining about nepotism. Castillo had a helluva pedigree when he came in late last year & we were all happy to have him (considering that the then-&-current OL coach has no pedigree, is an even closer buddy of Harbaugh, & struggles with ethanol).

Castillo is reputed to be "a great teacher." Has he lost his touch? Or is this unit fundamentally unable to learn what he's trying to teach them?

Moeller is still the official OL coach. Is he implementing blocking schemes that don't work well with the personnel? At Castillo's insistence or at cross-purposes?

Is Gino incapable of calling the appropriate blocking schemes? Has he simply not learned enough? Does he not recognize what the opponents are planning? Or are the opponents able to diagnose his calls & alter their attack to defeat them?

IOW I'd like to have a lot better handle on the situation before I start calling for anyone's head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    as stubborn as he is? that won't happen
    He wasn't too stubborn to fire his OC last year. Harbaugh is hating what's going on a lot more than any fan. He's no longer a young head coach. He'll make the tough decisions.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    There is bad, and there is historically bad. This was Buffalo, not the Steelers in their prime. Something is very wrong, and it's not just Gino. Harbaugh cannot ignore this, he can't say they "just have to work harder". This would be a BS response.
    agreed. plus the bills were ranked bottom 5 in rush D...not looking good