Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bernard Pollard Signs

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Pretty sure the interview he just did on Sirius/XM NFL Radio is gonna draw some headlines. He said what happened wasn't anything like a "mutiny" as portrayed by the media, that Harbs opened the floor, so he spoke up, and he's really disappointed (the nicest way to put it, I think) that Harbs never came out and knocked all that "mutiny" stuff down. He was on with Jim Miller and, I think, Trevor Pryce (got in the car during it, got out before the end). Pryce, I thought, was kinda egging Pollard on to bash on Harbaugh. Pryce mentioned, "Well, I played for Coach Harbaugh, and he's not above saying, 'this is how it's gonna be, anybody got a problem with that?', and it up to you to be man enough to take him at his word that he wants to hear if you have a problem with it." Pryce went on to talk about how coaches who never played don't appreciate taking care of players' bodies during the week, causing Pollard to cite a "military atmosphere" in Owings Mills. They actually went on about this last point for awhile.

I'm sure Jamison Hensley over at the ESPN AFC North blog is overjoyed to receive such a gift.
    Pryce has been bitter since he was released a few years back so that's no surprise.

Pretty sure the interview he just did on Sirius/XM NFL Radio is gonna draw some headlines. He said what happened wasn't anything like a "mutiny" as portrayed by the media, that Harbs opened the floor, so he spoke up, and he's really disappointed (the nicest way to put it, I think) that Harbs never came out and knocked all that "mutiny" stuff down. He was on with Jim Miller and, I think, Trevor Pryce (got in the car during it, got out before the end). Pryce, I thought, was kinda egging Pollard on to bash on Harbaugh. Pryce mentioned, "Well, I played for Coach Harbaugh, and he's not above saying, 'this is how it's gonna be, anybody got a problem with that?', and it up to you to be man enough to take him at his word that he wants to hear if you have a problem with it." Pryce went on to talk about how coaches who never played don't appreciate taking care of players' bodies during the week, causing Pollard to cite a "military atmosphere" in Owings Mills. They actually went on about this last point for awhile.

I'm sure Jamison Hensley over at the ESPN AFC North blog is overjoyed to receive such a gift.
    I could understand Pollard being disappointed that Harbs didn't say anything to kill the "mutiny" stuff in the media. I certainly see his point there.

Pryce has a HUGE problem with Harbaugh and it comes across almost anytime he talks about the Ravens. Going all the way back to when he left to go to the Jets...please believe that the infamous Bart Scott quotes about players wanting to leave came from conversations with Pryce.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Pryce has been bitter since he was released a few years back so that's no surprise.
    I don't get what his deal is. Seems like every chance he gets, he is bad mouthing the Ravens.

Pryce went on to talk about how coaches who never played don't appreciate taking care of players' bodies during the week, causing Pollard to cite a "military atmosphere" in Owings Mills.
    Another coach who's been criticized for having a "military atmosphere" has won two of the last six Super Bowls. Gee, maybe it's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't get what his deal is. Seems like every chance he gets, he is bad mouthing the Ravens.
    I think part of it is he is bitter we didn't hire Rex.

We all know he absolutely ADORES Rex Ryan and I'm sure he hated that Rex left him to go somewhere else.

And let's be real also about Harbs...he can and often is a hard ass. He is demanding and he is simply not the typical "players coach" that Rex is..or Billick for that matter. So I'm sure when Harbaugh came in and frankly had to be an asshole a lot the first 2 years due to his trying to change the culture here from the "camp creampuff" type of treatment Billick and Rex created, it rubbed a LOT of vets the wrong way. And it was very apparent when Pryce basically said screw you guys and left to go to the Jets.

Pryce never adjusted and IMHO never really respected Harbaugh and the way Harbs coached when he was here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Another coach who's been criticized for having a "military atmosphere" has won two of the last six Super Bowls. Gee, maybe it's not a bad thing.
    Yeah, exactly. I bet all of the teams that routinely have success are run with such a style. Clearly the model franchise for a lot of teams is the Patriots or Giants and the Ravens are headed to that level themselves. You really don't hear this kind of grousing from the Patriots players about their coach, who is probably 10 times worse in this department than Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Yeah, and our HC was one dropped pass from the 2011 Super Bowl, and won it all in 2012... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's quickly become one of my least favorite ex-Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think part of it is he is bitter we didn't hire Rex.

We all know he absolutely ADORES Rex Ryan and I'm sure he hated that Rex left him to go somewhere else.

And let's be real also about Harbs...he can and often is a hard ass. He is demanding and he is simply not the typical "players coach" that Rex is..or Billick for that matter. So I'm sure when Harbaugh came in and frankly had to be an asshole a lot the first 2 years due to his trying to change the culture here from the "camp creampuff" type of treatment Billick and Rex created, it rubbed a LOT of vets the wrong way. And it was very apparent when Pryce basically said screw you guys and left to go to the Jets.

Pryce never adjusted and IMHO never really respected Harbaugh and the way Harbs coached when he was here.
    Lord, Pryce is such a hypocrite.

Harbaugh's "problem" is that he's too militaristic, and doesn't understand because he never played the game. And yet, when discussing Rex Ryan (who also never played the game), he thinks Rex's problem is he's just "too nice".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-or-jets-good

The great irony, or course is while discussing Rex, he had this to say:

"Being an N.F.L. coach is the ultimate study in “him or me” politics,” Pryce wrote. “You have to be willing to sacrifice just about anyone in your organization for the greater good"

Make up your mind, Trevor.

I'm sorry Harbaugh hurt your feelings when he waived you to make room for a depth-DB prior to the Steelers game in 2010. And I'm sure you thought you'd gotten the last laugh when you jumped to play for Rex before the Ravens could re-sign you. But remind me again, how'd your Jets career go? 10 games, 4 tackles, before your buddy Rex also cut you, about 2 months after we did?

It's not Harbaugh's fault your career was over. It happens to everyone eventually.