Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is it with this team?...

Just as I am ready to bury them for the 4th time this year...they give me a reason to keep watching.

They are not going quietly into the off-season, I will give them that...

Blog Entries

Re: What is it with this team?...

They have a lot of young guys playing very well.

Tillman and Chen have been really great.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

They've had great Septembers since Showalter took over...it's going to be gut wrenching to the end for sure.

Blog Entries

Even if they don't get the wild card, this season has been a breath of fresh air for O's fans everywhere.

What would be sweet is if they do get the wild card and Hammels can come back into the rotation.

According to this article up now at SI, the Orioles are at a staggering -57 run differential, which is, mathematically and historically, a strong indicator they will not make the postseason.

The Rays, by comparison, are at +19, and the Red Sox at +29.

They are doing *much* better than I thought they would. Within a week they may have exceeded what I thought would be the season total of wins (61 was my guess), but I have a bad feeling this season is a flash in the pan.

Enjoy it, my friends.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I am enjoying it.

I was hoping for them to finish at .500 or a little over. Anything else is a bonus. And having them in contention this late in the year is something not seen in quite a while. Yes, that run differential is staggering, but their great record in one and two run games is what is saving their hides.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Even if they don't get the wild card, this season has been a breath of fresh air for O's fans everywhere.

What would be sweet is if they do get the wild card and Hammels can come back into the rotation.
    What this team has shown me is that they have some talent and this offseason if they get serious in free agency they could put a serious contender on the field next year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

4.5 games behind right now.

Not too shabby. Loved that rally last night against the Mariners.

End of August - 3 behind the Yankees and going to NY for a 3 game Series - They could end up being tied for 1st in September. Whod'a Thunk!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    End of August - 3 behind the Yankees and going to NY for a 3 game Series - They could end up being tied for 1st in September. Whod'a Thunk!
    I would have given you a thousand-to-one odds back on April 1st. What a pleasure this season has been...

Blog Entries

I can't even put my finger on it, but the way they played this weekend was just...magical! I mean, who could've believed we'd see a team win ALL the road series in NY? That was never happening in anyone's wildest dreams. And they had a real shot to sweep this weekend, if not for the Saturday blunder.

Every time you're ready for the other shoe to drop, they grab it before it hits the floor. It'll be close, but we're seeing a team finally playing contending, meaningful baseball!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

12. Re: What is it with this team?...

Hello,

I am new to this site my Husband and I sought out somewhere that we could find someone who would be interested in our Ball . We fell on hard times after our forth child was born My Husband was laid off . We are very close to losing our home and last year before all of this while I was Pregnant we went down to the stadium to get our ball signed we never wanted to part with it but now we have no other choice. Ravens signed football for sale signatures include
    Ben Grubbs
    Cam Cameron
    Chuck Pagano
    Todd Washington
    Tyrod Taylor
    Chris Carr
    Ray Rice
    AnQuan Boldin
    Vonta Leach
    Arthur Jones
    Marshal Yanda
    Tandon Doss
    Cory Williams
    Torrey Smith
    Dennis Pitta
    Michael Oher
    Jah Reed
    Jimmy Smith
    Haruki Nakamura
    Lardarius Webb
    Jerry Sandusky

the ball mean the world to us but our home and children mean more! if anyone is interested My husbands name is Joesph and our number is 4439628099. Thanks so Much and God Bless