Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

Please complete our survey here: LINK

We're just trying to make your visits here a bit more enjoyable.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

I filled it out the other day but it wouldn't let me enter it because of some flash issue that I am too lazy to figure out.

Old man complaint: This place would look much better if it was formatting like the Sun Forums. As terrible as they are, they aren't as hard on the eyes as these forums.

That last question was a ringer. It's one of those questions where none of the answers feel quite right... ;)

j/k!!!

As far as the premium membership goes, I selected that I would be willing to pay a small fee. I will say that I would've selected "possibly" if it'd been an option. It would depend on what the fee covered. Player chats would definitely be cool, as well as some insider content from Aaron Wilson or other media members. Guys that get the inside scoop from the locker room.

I also would hope that you don't go the Tony Pente route and limit ppl to some arbitrary number of posts before they're forced to pay the fee.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I also would hope that you don't go the Tony Pente route and limit ppl to some arbitrary number of posts before they're forced to pay the fee.
    This won't happen. The only changes to this board will be those that enhance the value of your visit here based upon the results of the survey.

Old man complaint: This place would look much better if it was formatting like the Sun Forums. As terrible as they are, they aren't as hard on the eyes as these forums.
    We may be able to tweak the look a bit...maybe if you could be more specific, that would help.

REALLY appreciate everyone's feedback and survey responses.

As far as the premium membership goes, I selected that I would be willing to pay a small fee. I will say that I would've selected "possibly" if it'd been an option. It would depend on what the fee covered. Player chats would definitely be cool, as well as some insider content from Aaron Wilson or other media members. Guys that get the inside scoop from the locker room.

That would be the same route that Scout took, and one I didn't really care for. Who / how is it decided what information is free and what is "premium content"?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    That would be the same route that Scout took, and one I didn't really care for. Who / how is it decided what information is free and what is "premium content"?
    I see the member value as being chat rooms with players or coaches or front office and discounts cards for gear...things like that. Perhaps even a member chat area with media insiders. One on one questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I see the member value as being chat rooms with players or coaches or front office and discounts cards for gear...things like that. Perhaps even a member chat area with media insiders. One on one questioning.
    I agree, those are types of things that would bring value.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

I'm the opposite. I would never pay a dime for content. There is so much free out there that I feel there is no need to ever pay. There are plenty of ways to may money via advertising that there is no need for a subscription fee. The model should be about growing the membership. Anything that limits growth should not be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Long time lurker with now my first post. I wanted to chime in to say that I agree with this comment. Coincidently, I made a similar comment in my survey.

It's the gray color scheme that I find difficult to view. I prefer more contrast between text color and background. Gray background doesn't make for easier reading (at least to my eyes).

I ended up changing the color scheme (along with a few other aesthetic tweaks) via my own Stylish user style and now I find the board a bit more pleasant to view.

Quote Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
    Long time lurker with now my first post. I wanted to chime in to say that I agree with this comment. Coincidently, I made a similar comment in my survey.

It's the gray color scheme that I find difficult to view. I prefer more contrast between text color and background. Gray background doesn't make for easier reading (at least to my eyes).

I ended up changing the color scheme (along with a few other aesthetic tweaks) via my own Stylish user style and now I find the board a bit more pleasant to view.
    Please send a screen shot of your color scheme to TL@profootball24x7.com

Thanks!