Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco respect from....Tom Brady!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Brady's classy and doesn't talk down to his opponents. I don't blame him for fishing for flags. You're saying you wouldn't love free first downs? I'd do the exact same thing in his situation.
    Hell no. I 'd prefer the game to be called correctly across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This is the Pats M.O. (and something BA needs to learn).

Stay quiet and be complimentary of the other team during the week.
    They never say a negative thing about an opponent before a game. One of the few things I like about them.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Like Wilbon said on PTI...for what?

Not that I agree what with BA did, because I thought it was stupid, but I see nothing wrong with a little trash talk. Both teams know they don't like each other why lie all week to the media? If a team needs a player to say something to play harder then they have a problem.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Yea yea, Brady never says a bad word in the media. Once he's on the field, THAT'S the Marsha I hate. I remember him getting sacked or hit or something and literally POUNDING THE GROUND, screaming/whining at the refs for a flag. If you wanna call that 'fishing' for flags, I'd say he's using dynamite instead of a pole. Gimme a break, Lady Brady gets no love from me.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I really dont get why ravens fans hate Tom Brady. He is extremely humble, extremely nice and the best QB of all time.

I like Brady like 90% of the time. There is no doubting he is one of the all time greats. The year after he came back from knee surgery, he played the Ravens and Suggs was blocked into him and brushed up against his leg in what was clearly incidental contact. Brady didn't fall over and must have barely noticed it, but the cameras showed him running towards an offical and yelling that it should have been a flag. For me, that was the creation of The Brady skirt. I know he has taken his share of hits and he is actually pretty tough, but Joe Flacco can tell you that impressions, once made, are are hard to change.

That and he stands between us and the Superbowl, so fuck the skirt wearing bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I see that alot when comparing QBs and it always makes me chuckle. A QBs head to head record means diddly unless both defenses are identical. Outplaying manning last week said something because our D isnt ranked high, although playing better, vs flacco facing arguably the best D left. Even still i dont remember manning defending or pass rushing flacco...
    It's the same as in baseball when two pitchers go at. "Jason Hammel beat CC Sabathia!" might be the headline, even though Hammel and Sabathia were never on the field at the same time. But the performance of your opposite on the other team directly impacts what you need to do to succeed. "Beating Tom Brady" is tough because he usually puts up a ton of points. Beating Sabathia is tough because he gives up so few runs. And like the Pats, the Yanks are held as some sort of Gold Standard in their sport, so beating them, period, is considered noteworthy. But Hammel beats Sabathia is still the sexier headline. Same thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Like Wilbon said on PTI...for what?

Not that I agree what with BA did, because I thought it was stupid, but I see nothing wrong with a little trash talk. Both teams know they don't like each other why lie all week to the media? If a team needs a player to say something to play harder then they have a problem.
    1. The Pats have shown time and time again they respond very well after someone trash talks them. See the past 3 years v. the Jets.

2. BA didn't say anything so he would play harder. He's yapping because he's not confident. IMO. Read "Art of War" and other such works or just take a look at any bar fight. The guy who is running his yap is the guy least confident. It's the quiet, confident guy that's going to knock your ass on the ground before you have a chance to utter two words.

Blog Entries

1. The Pats have shown time and time again they respond very well after someone trash talks them. See the past 3 years v. the Jets.

2. BA didn't say anything so he would play harder. He's yapping because he's not confident. IMO. Read "Art of War" and other such works or just take a look at any bar fight. The guy who is running his yap is the guy least confident. It's the quiet, confident guy that's going to knock your ass on the ground before you have a chance to utter two words.
    Eh. I just don't buy it. Yeah, there may be a little motivation, but it's going to be no more than the Ravens have in wanting to beat the Pats. They know how the Pats feel, they hear it all game on the field jawing back and forth to each other. Like I said, what BA did was stupid, but I see nothing wrong with a little (respectful) trash talk.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    It's the same as in baseball when two pitchers go at. "Jason Hammel beat CC Sabathia!" might be the headline, even though Hammel and Sabathia were never on the field at the same time. But the performance of your opposite on the other team directly impacts what you need to do to succeed. "Beating Tom Brady" is tough because he usually puts up a ton of points. Beating Sabathia is tough because he gives up so few runs. And like the Pats, the Yanks are held as some sort of Gold Standard in their sport, so beating them, period, is considered noteworthy. But Hammel beats Sabathia is still the sexier headline. Same thing, right?
    i understand the notion but say "manning and the broncos D" or "brady and the Pats D" because thats more inline with reality.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brady is a whiny bitch. Any time the Ravens D breathes on him he asks for a flag.
    Im sorry, is this 2007?

He hasnt done that shit in quite a while.

Who gives a fuck if he does anyway, most QBs complain when they get hit.

Blog Entries

Bingo. That is their MO and it comes down from Belicheck (whom I actually respect a lot). If you notice, the Pats are always nice before the game. Then, if they beat us, they talk smack. If they don't, they talk about how badly they played. That's the way to do it.

BA should learn as much. The only thing more bit**a** than talking crap on Twitter the way he did is blowing your lane assignment and spotting the other team 7 points on a 104 kickoff return. Win the game, then run your mouth if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Yea yea, Brady never says a bad word in the media. Once he's on the field, THAT'S the Marsha I hate. I remember him getting sacked or hit or something and literally POUNDING THE GROUND, screaming/whining at the refs for a flag. If you wanna call that 'fishing' for flags, I'd say he's using dynamite instead of a pole. Gimme a break, Lady Brady gets no love from me.
    Oh, you mean this....

Brady-Hissy-Fit.jpg
    can't seem to see the "gif" part working though....

so see it this way thenhttp://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps9476977d.gif
    Last edited by working_man; 01-16-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: tried gif again...