Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    Not necessarily true. Should Harbaugh flame out again in the playoffs. Don't be too surprised if Harbaugh is out and Caldwell is installed as the new HC. It is a possibility.
    No, it's not.

Re: Caldwell's Style -- What to Expect (Merged from 3 Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    No, it's not.
    I agree it's very unlikely, but saying it's not possible is a little too strong. Cam getting fired with three games left was unlikely too (I'm referring to the timing, not whether or not he should have been canned).

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I agree it's very unlikely, but saying it's not possible is a little too strong. Cam getting fired with three games left was unlikely too (I'm referring to the timing, not whether or not he should have been canned).
    The Harbaugh getting fired part is unrealistic enough. The part where Jim Caldwell would be our head coach next year would defy the laws of physics.

Bisciotti is not going to fire his HC after his fifth playoff appearance unless there's some crazy flame out combined with a catastrophic playoff loss and losing the locker room ala Billick.

So yes, technically there's a possibility. Just like there's a possibility my wife will concede to having a threesome tonight.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    So yes, technically there's a possibility. Just like there's a possibility my wife will concede to having a threesome tonight.
    LOL -- point taken. I'm just very literal. Impossible is a strong word for me.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Re: Caldwell Style

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    Not necessarily true. Should Harbaugh flame out again in the playoffs. Don't be too surprised if Harbaugh is out and Caldwell is installed as the new HC. It is a possibility.
    Zero chance that Harbaugh loses his job after this season. ZERO.

Blog Entries

My first thought after reading this was no way, Biscuit wouldn't fire Harbaugh, he hired him, and they've made the playoffs every year since then. But then I remembered how he fired Billick, after promising he'd be back. By his own admission, he just woke up one morning and changed his mind. So I guess anything's possible.
    Entirely different situation. There was also rumblings about Billick being on the hot seat at then of 2005. If the Ravens had collapsed in 2006, he would have been fired then but they put together a good season and that saved his job for another year. 2007, coming off a good season the team totally imploded. There was a 9 game losing streak. They embarrassed the franchise in pretty much every possible way, losing to an other wise winless team, Bart Scott tossing flags and getting into it with a ref, Ngata punched Joe Thomas while he was laying on the ground, losing to the Bengals in a game where the Bengals kicked 7 fucking field goals. Being the Steelers homecoming bitch. These are painful memories.

My point is even if the rest of the season doesn't go as planned, Harbaugh is only on strike 1 after this. Billick was on, probably at least strike 5 or 6.

Im curious to see the personnel usage on Sunday. I still think a healthy Dickson can be some sort of threat and he has improved as a run blocker. The Colts made many 2nd TE's viable in their offense and it can be a real mismatch creator.

Torrey on Caldwell's message to the offense

Really just picking up the pace, execution, speed, and just being consistent
    Per WNST twitter

Blog Entries

Guys lets not get carried away here, we won't be nothing like the colts, that was mostly manning, what I am looking for is better situational play calling and better designs which leads to better decision making by Joe.

Blog Entries

I can't wait until Sunday to see how this offense runs. I truly believe Cameron was a huge issue with this team and not just being an offensive coordinator. I think Cameron created a rift in the locker room because of his arrogant personality. Just look at this quote from a Yahoo article by Jason Cole.

In short, Cameron is a control freak. He has been for years. Ask people who were in Miami when he served as Dolphins head coach for just one season (2007) and you'll hear stories about how it was actually easier for people in the building to deal with Nick Saban than Cameron.
    No person wants to work with someone like that. Now we have Caldwell stepping in who has a great rapport with coaches. Just look at what Peyton had to say about Caldwell, "He's as fine of a man as I know. I miss being in his presence because that was a fun time we had together". That is the kind of things you want to hear about a coach. You want someone who can connect with other coaches and players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I can't wait until Sunday to see how this offense runs. I truly believe Cameron was a huge issue with this team and not just being an offensive coordinator. I think Cameron created a rift in the locker room because of his arrogant personality. Just look at this quote from a Yahoo article by Jason Cole.

No person wants to work with someone like that. Now we have Caldwell stepping in who has a great rapport with coaches. Just look at what Peyton had to say about Caldwell, "He's as fine of a man as I know. I miss being in his presence because that was a fun time we had together". That is the kind of things you want to hear about a coach. You want someone who can connect with other coaches and players.
    I agree with this 100, I never liked the hire to begin with, it was bad Harbs may have fucked Joe's career up because of this, but will see how it plays out, starting sunday..I don't expect to see fireworks and just want to see how this unit operates, will it be cohesively? better routes? more creativity? better plays that will equal success to excution.