Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess so.
    I think he is saying the Ravens lost their enforcers like LB's being scared to shoot the gaps when RR got the ball bc they knew Leach was coming like when Leach pancaked Patrick Willis. Pollard jacked Hines Ward up in that 35 to 7 blowout in the season opener which put fear in WR'S coming over the middle plus hits he had all season such as the hit in the NE game that caused the RBto fumble. Boldin also threw some vicious blocks such as the 4th and 29. Ray Lewis still had that fear factor eventho he lost a step. The Ravens always had that fear factor and most teams lost before the coin toss. IMO they may have lost that mental edge. We will see who will step up and replace the ones that left. I rather have a smash mouth team like the past Ravens or Steelers over a team built like GB or NE eventho GB n NE has been to the big dance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Fair. I understand your point and where you're coming from. Earlier posts looked like you were blowing it out of proportion, but if it's growing pains you're suggesting then absoloutely agree with you. We had growing pains last year (aka the entire regular season), but still won. It's hard to speculate too much about how the team will play out as we haven't seen much, if any, of them, so we are left to argue the "on paper" look. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, who knows.
    The biggest factor in our favor is the coaching staff, IMO. We might have to take our lumps early, we might not. Who knows? With Webb back I really don't expect too many problems in the secondary, even early on. My main concern is that line backing core. A lot of moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The biggest factor in our favor is the coaching staff, IMO. We might have to take our lumps early, we might not. Who knows? With Webb back I really don't expect too many problems in the secondary, even early on. My main concern is that line backing core. A lot of moving parts.
    Smith will definitely help with the linebacking core, but still Brown is a rookie. His transition is the key to a strong corp
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Smith will definitely help with the linebacking core, but still Brown is a rookie. His transition is the key to a strong corp
    Who am I to say Bodlin's spot is the weak link on he team?

Joe says here this is the best offense he's seen here and he's the SB MVP.

I'm not worried about MLB with Suggs and Elvis around him. There's enough guys
    to step up. Even w/o Ray we're better than most teams at linebacker.

With this offense - repeat.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...2-bc3b68b56a8e

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At the end of the day, I was in denial and defended Leach's presence to the bitter end.

However, the reality was clear. Rice was picking up more yardage in single back and Caldwell was running more three wide. When you combine that with the desire for more Two TE sets, the writing was on the wall.
    I must admit that your name was the first to come to mind as soon as I read that Leach had been cut, since you just wouldn't budge from your position that he needed to be retained, even at his ridiculously out of sync salary. (However, at least you manned up without any prompting. WTG.)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e-e43030b97c5b

After cutting Vonta Leach, General Manager Ozzie Newsome said there would be a chance the veteran fullback could return to Baltimore after exploring the free agent market.
    Few believed it would actually happen, but it appears those chances are improving.
    Despite drawing interest from the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and New York Giants, Leach says he’s still in contact with the Ravens and is open to returning.
    "Me and [Newsome], we talk once a week and [we’ll] see how everything goes,” Leach said yesterday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “He knows the process and me and him are going to let the process play out.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I think he is saying the Ravens lost their enforcers like LB's being scared to shoot the gaps when RR got the ball bc they knew Leach was coming like when Leach pancaked Patrick Willis. Pollard jacked Hines Ward up in that 35 to 7 blowout in the season opener which put fear in WR'S coming over the middle plus hits he had all season such as the hit in the NE game that caused the RBto fumble. Boldin also threw some vicious blocks such as the 4th and 29. Ray Lewis still had that fear factor eventho he lost a step. The Ravens always had that fear factor and most teams lost before the coin toss. IMO they may have lost that mental edge. We will see who will step up and replace the ones that left. I rather have a smash mouth team like the past Ravens or Steelers over a team built like GB or NE eventho GB n NE has been to the big dance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    That was JJ and was already gone last year. I bet he wishes he's stayed one more year. Of course, his replacement, Upshaw, forced a critical fumble early in the SB. Everytime they started to get momentum in the first half they slammed the door on 'em.

Blog Entries

I read another 'Leach to Miami' article last night so that is sounding like the most logical end but I still believe Baltimore is #2 and a possibility for him to return. They cut him because of his salary, not because he doesn't add value

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I read another 'Leach to Miami' article last night so that is sounding like the most logical end but I still believe Baltimore is #2 and a possibility for him to return. They cut him because of his salary, not because he doesn't add value
    He does still add value just not as much as he did. His role will be reduced but it would be nice to have him for those short yardage red zone downs where just having him in there adds another dimension that the D has to think about.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

If he came back at a REALLY cap friendly rate I guess I'd be cool with it but truthfully I've already moved on from him. The more I am hearing about Juice the more I like him and am anxious to see what he can do in live action. Besides in Caldwell's scheme Vonta would've been much more marginalized so unless he was playing for a little more than peanuts it wouldn't be a great value anyway.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Miami has ponied up a LOT of money this offseason. Honestly, they have to be seeing what's happening in NE and thinking it's time to push ALL the chips in. Jets are floundering, the Bills are the Bills, and Miami has to be sharks (rather than Dolphins, there's your pun for the day) and smell the Patriots' blood in the water. But, I don't know if the GM is starting to realize how much money he spent this offseason and maybe starting to curtail that spending a bit...

I think the main 4 in the mix would be Texans, Ravens, Dolphins, Giants. Texans fans want him back, but sounds like the FO is passing. Giants is where I'd want him to end up if not back here, simply because he'd be out of AFC, but it seems like they aren't giving the money he wants.

We'll see, I'm okay with Juice Check as FB, but seems possible Leach comes back with each passing day without a deal.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

While I'm not sure we'll be able to get Vonta back, it is fun to think about personnel groupings. Torrey-Pitta-Juice-Ray-Vonta all on the field at once. You could go from Wishbone or Wing-T to 3 or 4-Wide. What's a DC to do? Seems like it would be a lot of fun on the goal line.
    "Chin up, chest out."