Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So, when do we stop talking about this guy?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Never.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

How much guaranteed money did he sucker San Diego out of?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

A four-year contract worth a maximum of $24.6 million.
    He got an $8 million signing bonus, and $13.5 million guaranteed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...n-to-the-field

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    A four-year contract worth a maximum of $24.6 million.
    He got an $8 million signing bonus, and $13.5 million guaranteed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...n-to-the-field
    It puts Bryant McKinnie's contract in perspective.

Blog Entries

He didn't get big starting tackle money but it's still a hell of a lot more than he would have got if he played another position. Shows how few Left Tackles there really are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He didn't get big starting tackle money but it's still a hell of a lot more than he would have got if he played another position. Shows how few Left Tackles there really are.
    Have you noticed that the Ravens have had a difficult time replacing all of their hall of fame caliber talent. They had yet to replace Ogden or Stover.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Gaither played the Chargers pretty good, he looked good enough down the stretch to get his contract and now he's back to being the unmotivated player he's always been.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Gaither played the Chargers pretty good, he looked good enough down the stretch to get his contract and now he's back to being the unmotivated player he's always been.
    ....and we all saw it coming. Philip Rivers is going to really be irate when this season starts. Vincent Jackson is in Tampa Bay. Ryan Matthews is on the injury list. Mike Tolbert is in Carolina and he will be lacking a quality LT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    ....and we all saw it coming. Philip Rivers is going to really be irate when this season starts. Vincent Jackson is in Tampa Bay. Ryan Matthews is on the injury list. Mike Tolbert is in Carolina and he will be lacking a quality LT.
    Don't forget about WR Vincent Brown breaking his ankle, there was a lot of buzz coming out of San Diego about him breaking out big time this year.

Pat Kirwan destroyed him on his show on Sirius on Monday. Said this is the same stuff he pulled in Baltimore.

The word is out on Jared that he's a bad actor and really doesn't want to play.

I really hope he's hurt because if he's exaggerating to skip practice, he'll never see another real contract as long as he's in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I really hope he's hurt because if he's exaggerating to skip practice, he'll never see another real contract as long as he's in the league.
    I disagree. As long as he miraculously gets to 100% by the start of the regular season (or likely before the last preseason game), and plays fairly well during the regular season, someone will always offer him a middling-contract (for the position) to play.

As I said before, no team is going to publicly call him out about faking or exaggerating injuries. They might (likely are) talking to him privately, and maybe forcefully, about the "need" to practice, but they will not accuse him of being a liar/faker. At least not until they cut him, and likely not even then.

He is 6'9", ~340 lbs, 26 yrs old, and plays pretty well when he gets in the real games. That he could possibly/likely be an All-Pro with real effort doesn't take away from the fact he can be a decent LT with no effort (so far). He seems content with decently paid for no practicing and no real effort. And there will always be a team that will put up with that even if they have to lie to themselves (about whether Jared suddenly is as committed/"healthy" as he says he is).

If he does not feel "healthy" enough to play in the games, then I agree, he is not long for the league.

You hate to just flat out laugh at the guy, but he should just end it now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=239330&spln=1