Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Report: Pats TE Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Murder Probe

Always expect the unexpected, Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Police hopefully will do the right type of investigation and find the person(s) involved with the death of the victim. Never believe anything you hear and 1/2 of what written in the papers. Jumping to conclusion at this stage is asinine.

Blog Entries

Searching his house if the guy has been known to stay there would mean hes not a suspect but the house warranted investigation.

Does eerily sound familiar to the Ray Lewis situation. Bad for Hernandez but maybe some humble pie for Pats fans egos.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Being uncooperative with the 5-0 is not a good thing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Searching his house if the guy has been known to stay there would mean hes not a suspect but the house warranted investigation.

Does eerily sound familiar to the Ray Lewis situation. Bad for Hernandez but maybe some humble pie for Pats fans egos.
    At this point in the investigation Hernandez is a big time person of interest/subject of investigation ("suspect" is a somewhat antiquated term anymore) if only because the car was rented in his name and paid for with his money, and the victim's body was found a mile from the house. That alone is enough to require an interview with some probing questions.

From the sound of it Hernandez has people coming and going from his place all the time so I'd be willing to bet you that at a minimum, he's guilty of accessory after the fact. He probably refused the interview because of that, and if the subject refuses an interview and there are too many open threads, like there are here, the first thing I'd do would be to get a SW for the house.

So generally I agree with you, but it should be noted that a judge would be a little more hesitant to sign a SW for someone's home if the owner or a resident of the home couldn't be directly connected to the crime in some way. There's no fire yet but there's a good bit of smoke that Hernandez is in some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Being uncooperative with the 5-0 is not a good thing.
    Well, if he's guilty of AAF or something worse, which I'm suspecting, it's no surprise he doesn't want to talk to LE. He was probably asked to do a standard interview and refused or didn't show, knowing that he probably couldn't help himself. At that time the full court press comes on, and there's a decent chance LE "leaked" that he was "being uncooperative." Just puts a little bit of extra pressure on him and has no downside for the good guys.

Blog Entries

I missed that uncooperative part. Thats not good. If youre innocent you typically have nothing to hide and therefore no reason not to cooperate. that said, he could still be under the impression that whoever did do it, is his friend worth protecting and/or the age old "fear of my career" reasoning, which will get you labeled a murder for years despite being innocent.
    -JAB

As far as being "uncooperative". I wouldn't read too much into it. As long as he wasn't belligerent to the officers there is no issue. He's probably doing the right thing and exactly what his agent/lawyers told him to do. Not that I agree with it, but once police are involved you don't say a single word regardless of if you are innocent or guilty. Even the police will tell you that off the record.

As far as the Pats and Hernandez go... fuck 'em all. I hate them... I hope he did do it and gets locked up leaving the Pats high and dry at the TE position. I'd be glad to see that shit served up to those assholes in Boston and their franchise further stained. Yes, I'm being classless, but we've had to put up with the Ray Lewis bashing for years.... Let some other fan base take that for a while.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 06-19-2013 at 09:12 AM.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Wicked-
    All I know is what I've read at HR's link and this thread, but the lowest common denominator always seems to rear his/her/its ugly head when this kind of stuff is reported. The first comment at the story link is from some asshole who says --
    "Sweet. Gronks hurt and Hernandez is a murderer."

Kinda makes ya think twice if you ever have a court case and your options are a judge or a jury. (implication being that you pray the judge is impartial and not prejudiced)

And it only took 9 posts in 4 minutes for a commentor to bring up Ray.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    As far as being "uncooperative". I wouldn't read too much into it. As long as he wasn't belligerent to the officers there is no issue. He's probably doing the right thing and exactly what his agent/lawyers told him to do. Not that I agree with it, but once police are involved you don't say a single word regardless of if you are innocent or guilty. Even the police will tell you that off the record.

As far as the Pats and Hernandez go... fuck 'em all. I hate them... I hope he did do it and gets locked up leaving the Pats high and dry at the TE position. I'd be glad to see that shit served up to those assholes in Boston and their franchise further stained. Yes, I'm being classless, but we've had to put up with the Ray Lewis bashing for years.... Let some other fan base take that for a while.
    I agree, but you know...you can lawyer up and still be cooperative with law enforcement.

I'm not going to read too much into a few folks saying he was uncooperative.

To some, demanding a search warrant is deemed uncooperative. To me, that's simply being smart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

To some, demanding a search warrant is deemed uncooperative. To me, that's simply being smart.
    Very good point.

Even refusing to answer questions without legal council present could be construed as non-compliant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

good points. im sure his lawyer was involved early. interesting to see what comes of this.
    -JAB