Page 314 of 333 FirstFirst ... 312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 3,757 to 3,768 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What did Suggs do?
    The bleach incident?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I want no part of Gooden...he reminds me of Tavares Gooden. Great athlete, soft with non-existent football IQ.
    the funny thing is I was wondering if they were related. But no, just same last name.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

The bleach incident?
    Wasnt that just rumor though? I dont know that he was ever actually charged with anything. I cant recall if he was.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I want no part of Gooden...he reminds me of Tavares Gooden. Great athlete, soft with non-existent football IQ.
    :word

Workout warrior.

5. Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

I'm struggling to pin down a DT that would be of good value at 32.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I'm struggling to pin down a DT that would be of good value at 32.
    Depends on who is there.

John Jenkins, Jon Hankins, Jesse Williams would all be good DT prospects, but I cant honestly say that they would be good value at 32.

You figure that those three are somewhere around the 5th-7th best DT's in this draft. The problem becomes taking the 5th best DT? Or maybe the 3rd best WR...or the 1st rated TE...or the top rated ILB...or the 2nd or 3rd best safety...

Blog Entries

WalterFootball has an updated, post-combine mock. Has Ravens taking Hankins at 32, but I don't like it:

This pick is all about figuring out which player will fall to the Ravens. Ozzie Newsome frequently scoops up plummeting prospects, and there's no reason to believe that this year will be any different. The tumbling prospect could easily be Johnathan Hankins because he looked sluggish at the Combine and consequently ran slowly.

Terrence Cody is a bust. He was playing behind Ma'ake Kemoeatu in his third season. Kemoeatu is a 34-year-old free agent, so the Ravens may want to bring in a new nose tackle this offseason.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php

:word

Workout warrior.
    That is such an overused term. Gooden had good measurables long before the combine and his tape isn't as bad as you're making him out to be. Sure, he's a bit raw and inconsistent, but he closes well and is also pretty decent in coverage. He's the kind of hybrid linebacker who could actually cover a speedy tight end. He disappeared at times, but he also had a pretty decent Senior Bowl.

I don't expect him to be great from the outset, but he certainly has the potential to be pretty good. That's what you can expect from a draft pick at the back of the 4th round or so. Non-existent football IQ my ass. The guy was a safety that Missouri decided to turn into a middle linebacker. It takes time to learn a position, and he's probably better suited as an outside linebacker in the NFL anyway. But I'm intrigued by a guy with the kind of versatility he can bring to the table, especially against the fast offenses that are being installed across the league.

9. Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

That's the thing, a lot of those DT's aren't worth that pick, they're value is in the 2nd round.

Mayock was talking about Mingo and how he thinks he's a late 1st rounder. I'd be intrigued with him. He may not have great bulk or size, but as a pass rusher, he has an explosive burst. There again though, I look at the two rushers from FSU, Jenkins and Carradine, and they'd provide that in the 2nd-3rd round.

There's Ogletree, he should make it into the 20's but I doubt he gets through all the teams that need ILB's. I'm just lost as to who would even be there of value, who would merit a 1st round pick. Granted we're still about two months away, but defensively, I'm having a hard time seeing who'd be there that'd be worth it.

Blog Entries

Depends on who is there.

John Jenkins, Jon Hankins, Jesse Williams would all be good DT prospects, but I cant honestly say that they would be good value at 32.

You figure that those three are somewhere around the 5th-7th best DT's in this draft. The problem becomes taking the 5th best DT? Or maybe the 3rd best WR...or the 1st rated TE...or the top rated ILB...or the 2nd or 3rd best safety...

Hankins is a guy I really like, despite a weak combine showing. I could see if the FO is off him because of it, and what some say was a declining performance in 2012. If he's there and we don't take him, it's because Oz is having visions of Cody II in his head. But I am guessing we'd take Hankins gladly if he fell to 32.

Ironically Gil Brandt has us taking Teo, despite the fact he also has Damontre Moore falling all the way out of the first round based on his combine performance. Uhhh, yeah. I guaran-frickin-tee we take Damontre Moore if he's there at 32. Except that Moore won't be there, he'll be long gone.

Blog Entries

Wasnt that just rumor though? I dont know that he was ever actually charged with anything. I cant recall if he was.

The guy was clearly a thug before being drafted by the Ravens. He's by far one of my favorite Ravens, but he openly admits to being young and stupid when he was at college and even really on in his career. I understand fans not wanting players that are unsavory characters, but I can't stand it when everyone assumes that the Ravens wont take them because they've spent a nigh behind cells for a minor crime, the Ravens have drafted/signed several players with much worse history. I forgot to add Stallworth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

The guy was clearly a thug before being drafted by the Ravens. He's by far one of my favorite Ravens, but he openly admits to being young and stupid when he was at college and even really on in his career. I understand fans not wanting players that are unsavory characters, but I can't stand it when everyone assumes that the Ravens wont take them because they've spent a nigh behind cells for a minor crime, the Ravens have drafted/signed several players with much worse history. I forgot to add Stallworth.
    So, basically what you're saying is you have no idea about Suggs, but heard rumors and decided that was enough to essentially call him a criminal to support your argument.

You also forgot Andy Moeller (Multiple DUI's) and David Reed (possession).