Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: McKinnie returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    well now it depends on what Mckinnie shows up, motivated Mckinnie is top 8 at best, not motivated Mckinnie spells trouble
    If he shows up in good enough shape to start and hold down the LT position for another year I will be very happy.

Thats a big "if" but maybe being a free agent he has actually done some conditioning along the way this offseason
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Well, in spite of all the revisionist history that happened on this board, this is good news.

The guy was a decent-at-best LT in 2011. He was a good, not great LT in the 2012 playoffs. But if he's focused, in shape, and motivated (and none of those 3 are certain for 2013), he's a big addition. Not because I expect him to be anything other than decent, but because decent is better than what we got, and mostly because we are MUCH better with KO at guard and Oher at RT.

ETA: I'm also glad that we won't be subjected to yet another 23-page thread of:
    "Well, Harbs just ran off another guy he didn't like!"
    "No he didn't"
    "YES, HE DID - THE DOGHOUSE IS REAL!!"
    Etc, ad naseum.

Good news!

At least for now the O line is stable

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm really hoping this is just a depth move. 31 other teams passed on the guy, and many of them have much worse LT situations than we do. An out-of-shape, overweight, motivationally challenged, aging LT is not setting off any champagne corks in my house tonight.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

at the very least we now have some continuity on the Oline it still strengthens the inner line with Yanda and KO at Gaurd, Gino im still worried about.

Blog Entries

Wow. Didn't think this would happen, but am very pleased that they were able to work out a deal. Any idea how much the contract is for?

well now it depends on what Mckinnie shows up, motivated Mckinnie is top 8 at best, not motivated Mckinnie spells trouble
    I'm not sure this is true. Historically, even when McKinnie wasn't in very good shape, he was still a pretty decent LT.

Re: McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

Wonderful. Maybe like flacco he'll go to McDonald's to celebrate. Only I think he'll opt for the 30 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm really hoping this is just a depth move. 31 other teams passed on the guy, and many of them have much worse LT situations than we do. An out-of-shape, overweight, motivationally challenged, aging LT is not setting off any champagne corks in my house tonight.
    It's not so much getting him back as it is keeping oher at RT and osemele at G. I'm ecstatic about seeing that oline from the playoffs play 16 games

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm not sure this is true. Historically, even when McKinnie wasn't in very good shape, he was still a pretty decent LT.
    At 23, and at 28, and maybe even at 31. But he's 34 now. How much longer you think he can continue to be lazy and still decent?

Blog Entries

at the very least we now have some continuity on the Oline it still strengthens the inner line with Yanda and KO at Gaurd, Gino im still worried about.
    This!

And it keeps Oher at RT, a position he is at least above average at.