Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT: Free The Birds

OPACY Monday, September 24, 2007 @ 7:05

Re: OT: Free The Birds

Nestor's doing this again?

Who Cares. Seriously, this was a bit of a joke last year, and it is never going to do anything good.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I don't care, never was much of an O's fan, but this is a way for some fans to feel like they can get the owner's attention. Until Angelos agrees to put them on his busy calendar, this is the only tool anyone has offered them to feel empowered that way.

You don't have to participate, but I'm happy for the people who do. Are they accomplishing anything? Probably not. But are you, sitting at home, accomplishing more?

Let them have their project.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Why waste $$$ & give it to idiot who has ruined a once proud franchise & baseball town by buying tickets? Why not have a full game protest march around the stadium during the game? If Nestor did something like this, he might have more fans outside the ballpark than Angelos will have inside it. It's sad my 3 year old son has never been to an Orioles game, thanks to the Danny Snyder of baseball.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

what the hell are they doing, burning the place down?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Why waste $$$ & give it to idiot who has ruined a once proud franchise & baseball town by buying tickets? Why not have a full game protest march around the stadium during the game? If Nestor did something like this, he might have more fans outside the ballpark than Angelos will have inside it. It's sad my 3 year old son has never been to an Orioles game, thanks to the Danny Snyder of baseball.
    Then organize your own protest. You go to your church, I'll go to mine, so to speak.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Who Cares. Seriously, this was a bit of a joke last year, and it is never going to do anything good.
    I care, or I used to, would love to again!

9. Re: OT: Free The Birds

well this year im thinking of going, FREE the Birds 2 isnt a walkout or anything planned, its just a go to the game like we wish we all could to enjoy O's baseball. spend all your money outside at the bars and venders and dont buy anything inside. Bring your own signs...cheer on the o's that we all still love ( the team, not the owner.) you can upper decks seats for like $8 now so its cheap, a night game so dont have to take off work.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    It wasn't a joke at all last yr. I was there, it was ALL over the national media and Angelos was forced to respond. The problem with the fan base now is that apathy is setting in. People aren't angry anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    It wasn't a joke at all last yr. I was there, it was ALL over the national media and Angelos was forced to respond. The problem with the fan base now is that apathy is setting in. People aren't angry anymore.
    It was successful last year. Not only did Angelos respond but he responded like a 15 year old adolescent in the national media which to me was worth the price of the ticket.

My apathy set in this year until I went to one of the Red Sox games last series at OPACY. Kinda reminded me a bit of a Baltimore Colts game in the early 80's against the Steelers. It was an embarrasment and a disgrace and pissed me off again.

Nestor is a joke.. Who cares.. It was about Nestor getting attention.. Move on