Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why did McLellan start opposite Suggs on sunday?

By all accounts, courtney upshaw is a beast against the run and is a menace to the pocket. Why would they put Albert McLellan in now, when we need him the least?

I dont know if anyone else caught that when CBS showed him as the starting OLB.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Why did McLellan start opposite Suggs on sunday?

Upshaw might be on a pitch count of sorts, to make sure that he doesn't wear down late in the season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

McClellan may have started, but he only seen 14 snaps, significantly lower than Upshaws snap count.

McClellan should be starting ILB, been saying this for a while now.

"Starting" doesn't mean much with positions that get a lot of rotation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    McClellan may have started, but he only seen 14 snaps, significantly lower than Upshaws snap count.

:word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yeah it should be something like: Suggs - McClellan - Ellerbe - Upshaw but they paid McClain so I guess they need to get their moneys worth.

Blog Entries

Thats a more telling sign than who started any day. Certain packages to start a game gives players starts when they may only play 5-10%. It doesnt really say much. Mccellan at ilb is intriguing. I think wed be better aginst the run that way and with the way ellerbe was rushing, possibly better there as well if mccellan assumes that role at ilb.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

IMO Mclellan should be (as you posted) @ ILB, and I believe that McClain should be an OLB... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Thats a more telling sign than who started any day. Certain packages to start a game gives players starts when they may only play 5-10%. It doesnt really say much. Mccellan at ilb is intriguing. I think wed be better aginst the run that way and with the way ellerbe was rushing, possibly better there as well if mccellan assumes that role at ilb.
    I honestly think McClellan and Elerbee could make up for a decent tandem together. McClellan being the run stuffer, and Elerbee is more of the inside blitzer, who is also good at stopping the run him self. It would certainly be an upgrade over Jameel McClain IMO who has just not been on it this year with that lost weight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO Mclellan should be (as you posted) @ ILB, and I believe that McClain should be an OLB... Bc
    I agree mr BC.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I have thought this for a long time, but at this point the facts show he's not an OLB. The bottom line is he's now been an ILB for 3 different defensive coordinators here in Baltimore. Last time he dabbled at OLB was his rookie year under Rex. Maybe you question the personnel decisions of 1 coordinator or another. But when 3 in a row make the same call I think it's time to face the fact that he's not an OLB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I have thought this for a long time, but at this point the facts show he's not an OLB. The bottom line is he's now been an ILB for 3 different defensive coordinators here in Baltimore. Last time he dabbled at OLB was his rookie year under Rex. Maybe you question the personnel decisions of 1 coordinator or another. But when 3 in a row make the same call I think it's time to face the fact that he's not an OLB
    While you very likely are right, isn't it possible that those three you mentioned are wrong? I thought McClain was quite aggressive @ OLB in his rookie season, and had high potential there. I was puzzled, as a fan of course, that he was moved inside. Don't the professional coaches make mistakes too? ... Bc