Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Haynie is really talented; it's a shame he can't find a proper format. Vinny is awful, Rob Long talks too much Gamecocks and Lakers for my taste, and Mark Zinno should never be allowed near a microphone. And thank God they aren't bringing Ken Weinman back. He would give the call-in number every two seconds.

iggyman555 Guest

happy rob and vinnie extra hour..super happy dickface zinno is on 9pm....super pissed bob is doing fill in....i also think the station pays zinno to take the other side of every argument because of ratings.

/rant

This sucks. I like Bob. Hate Vinnie.

Blog Entries

Most everything on the FAN is not worth listening to. Bunch of hack jobs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I appreciate the support but time wouldn't allow me to do such a show even if they'd have me. I would be interested in a weeknight or weekend show again but not as a brokered program (which means we'd have to buy the time).
    I didn't know that about brokered time.

Yea, you had the #1 rated Sunday show on NST at one time til, well,
    nevermind.

Bob Haynie will never be a fixture because his voice is the worst sounding thing on the planet. I listen to 105.7 occasionally but if Bob Haynie is on I instantly turn it off, I don't care if he's the smartest man on the planet, he needs a larynx transplant.

Ok, Zinno is not a great radio personality.

But seriously, he needs to be called names, have his resume inaccurately characterized and mocked?

He's a stand up guy and a Major in the Army. At least that should garner a more level headed criticism?

Shameful.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.

8. Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

It was announced in June of 2012 that CBS Sports Radio would launch in 2013, I wonder if they will get any national shows, or also can the Sat and Sun morning non sports shows. http://content.usatoday.com/communit...adio-network/1
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

But seriously, he needs to be called names, have his resume inaccurately characterized and mocked?

He's a stand up guy and a Major in the Army. At least that should garner a more level headed criticism?

Shameful.
    Nobody here mocked his military service. And the cheerleader thing easy to poke fun at.

I didn't call him names either. I just said he was terrible on the air.

Throwing him in the 9 PM time slot is tantamount to putting him in the basement with his red stapler. He's one cut from being released altogether. Which means a lot of people agree with my assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Nobody here mocked his military service. And the cheerleader thing easy to poke fun at.

I didn't call him names either. I just said he was terrible on the air.

Throwing him in the 9 PM time slot is tantamount to putting him in the basement with his red stapler. He's one cut from being released altogether. Which means a lot of people agree with my assessment.
    Wasn't referring to your post.

Yes, putting him at 9 is a death blow to his radio career. I wasn't a fan of his by any stretch anyway.

Baltimore sports radio has been putrid for years now. Not sure why better talent can't be found and kept here. It's like it's a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Shameful.
    "Zinno" doesn't use his real name.
    He was a male cheerleader.
    He's a cheerleader coach.
    He is an awful and unlikeable radio personality.
    That is pretty damn accurate.

There are plenty of people who have or had provided service to this country, they, no so more than him, don't necessarily deserve to be on the radio attempting to have a legitimate take on sports.

Works for me: Long & Cerrato are gasbags, but somehow personally preferable to Haynie & Zinno (both of whose vocal inflections grate on me), All for Scott & Jeremy especially in that order. Haynie does a nice job, though, on the players' shows (e.g Cary Williams).