Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Per Espn: "Flacco says he feels respected with new deal"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    0-2 on the road.
    Late game pick against Arizona in his debut that sealed the game.
    Pick six right before the half, on his home turf against Green Bay, that sealed that game.......by halftime.
    0, count em', 0 offensive points in the Meadowlands against the Giants, while he struggled to make throws deeper down the field in those cold, windy conditions.
    A decent game against Seattle, a pretty good game against San Fransisco, except for the two turnovers each, at the most inopportune times.
    Ryan also fumbled from the shotgun in the Seattle game. FROM THE SHOTGUN!! Give me Flacco over Ryan any day of the week.

I see Ryan getting 18-20 million per year, even with a worse resume. The aftermath of Losing Vick was horrible in this city when it happened and looking to get a new stadium deal they need Ryan to remain the face for a long time. Arthur Blank will open up his wallet for this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I see Ryan getting 18-20 million per year, even with a worse resume. The aftermath of Losing Vick was horrible in this city when it happened and looking to get a new stadium deal they need Ryan to remain the face for a long time. Arthur Blank will open up his wallet for this one.
    If Atlanta makes the playoffs and wins a game in the playoffs, I could see Ryan getting a deal similar to Flacco. It's not so much about whether or not he deserves it, as it is about whether or not he'll get it. Unless Atlanta misses the playoffs or goes one and done, I don't see Blank being stingy with the funds.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    Arthur Blank will open up his wallet for this one.
    More like write him a Blank check...:p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Ryan has won exactly 1 playoff game in 5 years. He's no Flacco!
    And he played in a soft division, a dome with a fast track and had a string of the best receivers in the game while JOe had only Boldin for years before getting Torrey SMith and then Jacoby Jones. Plus, JOe played the Squeelers twice pr yr which made him even tougher than Ryan. Joe simply played in the most physical division in football.

Joe was clearly the best player out of that draft and I have to give Dee the credit for that one.

I'M NOT SURE WE WOULD HAVE DRAFTED MATT RYAN EVEN IF HE WAS THERE BECAUSE OF THE WORK MY DEPT DID ON
    JOE FLACCO. -- ERIC DECOSTA --

Blog Entries

Joe said on TV that the money gives you the freedom to do some things you normally wouldn't but only espects to do 1 or 2 things differently with the money. Betcha he buys a Jet like Farve and a huge gym and workout center in his back yard like Cal and Mussina. When Farve signed with the Jets TV showed him landing in his plane but Rice said Joe is a conservative guy and doesn't spend much other than taking his blockers out to dinner and buying gifts for them. I remember when Joe signed his first contract for about $2M-$3M pr yr first thing he bought was a Escalade while he was still on campus.

http://www.cadillac.com/luxury-suvs-trucks.html

Leach said I can't wait to see what I'm getting for Christmas this year. LOL
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-04-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    0-2 on the road.
    Late game pick against Arizona in his debut that sealed the game.
    Pick six right before the half, on his home turf against Green Bay, that sealed that game.......by halftime.
    0, count em', 0 offensive points in the Meadowlands against the Giants, while he struggled to make throws deeper down the field in those cold, windy conditions.
    A decent game against Seattle, a pretty good game against San Fransisco, except for the two turnovers each, at the most inopportune times.

This is exactly why stats can be so misleading. Ryan puts up flashy numbers during the regular season but fails to deliver when it counts. Theres no way Ryan should even be mentioned in the same sentence with Joe.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

He will get paid because they have to. There are too many mediocre QB's starting now in the NFL. Ryan is not as accomplished as Joe but if he is allowed to hit the market or is tagged it will cost them more to keep him.
    I heard an interview with Ryan's agent. He made the comment that Matt deserves more than Joe, even though he has had a little less post season success.
    A LITTLE????

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    He will get paid because they have to. There are too many mediocre QB's starting now in the NFL. Ryan is not as accomplished as Joe but if he is allowed to hit the market or is tagged it will cost them more to keep him.
    I heard an interview with Ryan's agent. He made the comment that Matt deserves more than Joe, even though he has had a little less post season success.
    A LITTLE????
    Is ryans agent the same one that got sanchez 13m a year? Ryan will still have stats this year, but less wins. Hopefully his division have fiqured the falcons out. Falcons won some close games due to them scoring a field goal on the last drive. Against the 9ers though, a field goal would not have done it. Ryan choking in the same stadium that he calls home, spoke volumes.

Blog Entries

Speaking of all that money Joe got, too bad he isn't a pitcher. The Yankees would have given him more. Mussina made almost as much 13 years ago. He got $88M contract and for 6 years and that was a lot more money than it is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mussina

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Joe said on TV that the money gives you the freedom to do some things you normally wouldn't but only espects to do 1 or 2 things differently with the money. Betcha he buys a Jet like Farve and a huge gym and workout center in his back yard like Cal and Mussina. When Farve signed with the Jets TV showed him landing in his plane but Rice said Joe is a conservative guy and doesn't spend much other than taking his blockers out to dinner and buying gifts for them. I remember when Joe signed his first contract for about $2M-$3M pr yr first thing he bought was a Escalade while he was still on campus.

http://www.cadillac.com/luxury-suvs-trucks.html

Leach said I can't wait to see what I'm getting for Christmas this year. LOL
    LOL @Leach, sadly he might not be around to receive it. UPS anyone??

Blog Entries

is he really that insecure that he had to get PAID before he feels respected? geez

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!