Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens Report Card???

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not speaking in hypothetical "ifs" though. I absolutely do not believe that the best offensive line we can have out there to protect Joe Flacco has Michael Oher at LT, Jah Reid at LG, and KO at RT.

So we are simply on different ends of this one.
    Yes, I guess we are.

I would certainly agree that McKinnie of 2011 would be our best LT, but I don't think the McKinnie of 2012 is (unfortunately).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Yes, I guess we are.

I would certainly agree that McKinnie of 2011 would be our best LT, but I don't think the McKinnie of 2012 is (unfortunately).
    Are there escalators in McKinnie's contract that the Ravens are trying to avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd say C for coaching, with points taken off for time clock management and not giving Ray the ball enough in the fourth.

The coaches didn't drop five balls, give up 300+ in yardage, sailed balls over Torrey's head or commit rather stupid penalties.
    I think we held them to under 100 yards in the first half. They took off in the second half. That is coaching, not the players.

Deep passing plays are very low percentage plays, obviously Joe was off sunday with his deep balls. WHY DO YOU KEEP THROWING IT DEEP? Where are the crossing patterns? Outside of the first drive I didnt see any quick slants all day. Where are some WR screens, bunch formations, something over the MIDDLE. We complete 84% of our passes over the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    John Harbaugh wants to win football games. So did Brian Billick. So does every single coach in the NFL. He'd rather hold a grudge then put the best players on the field?

I don't think so. I've never been a John Harbaugh cheerleader, but I will still give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows more about what the players' capabilities are, given his 24/7 access to them, than I do, sitting here at this computer.
    Let me just throw a few names out there.

Dannell Ellerbe, Antwan Barnes, Jared Gaither, Willis McGahee.

Specifically Dannell Ellerbe and Antwan Barnes

Keeping Dannell Ellerbe off the field, simply because he show boated after a INT for TD in the PRE SEASON is simply inexcusable. It was a complete detriment to the team and its success.

Antwan Barnes showed so much promise when going after the QB, but he ended up in the dog house. Then was essentially cut(4th or 5th round pick, MAYBE). Then he goes on to have like 18 sacks over the next 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The WITH McKinney was not very great last year. And that was with a Pro Bowl LG who is no longer on the roster. The dude's effort when he IS on the field is clearly lacking. Everyone can see he is whiffing on blocks. So why is it so hard to believe that his effort on the practice field is also lacking?
    McKinnie was an above average pass blocker last year, so Im not sure what youre talking about. Sounds like your making stuff up in order to support your theory.

Hes never been considered very good in run support, so thats a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

Keeping Dannell Ellerbe off the field, simply because he show boated after a INT for TD in the PRE SEASON is simply inexcusable. It was a complete detriment to the team and its success.

Antwan Barnes showed so much promise when going after the QB, but he ended up in the dog house. Then was essentially cut(4th or 5th round pick, MAYBE). Then he goes on to have like 18 sacks over the next 2 seasons.
    Barnes was outplayed by Ellerbe. I'm sure the Ravens didn't want to give him up, but you can't keep everybody. Realistically they should have put Lewis out to pasture and kept Barnes.

McKinnie was an above average pass blocker last year, so Im not sure what youre talking about. Sounds like your making stuff up in order to support your theory.

Hes never been considered very good in run support, so thats a non issue.
    Run support is a non-issue? That is the issue that's keeping him off the field. Oher is better there.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 12-05-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Barnes got traded to the Eagles who then felt he was so lackluster that THEY cut him. Since then he has a season of 4.5 sacks, a season of 11, and then a season of 4 sacks.

Not missing on much there. The dude had one good year over 5 sacks in his ENTIRE 7 year career. Hell Paul Kruger had 6.5 sacks LAST year.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Barnes got traded to the Eagles who then felt he was so lackluster that THEY cut him. Since then he has a season of 4.5 sacks, a season of 11, and then a season of 4 sacks.

Not missing on much there. The dude had one good year over 5 sacks in his ENTIRE 7 year career. Hell Paul Kruger had 6.5 sacks LAST year.
    He's had 19.5 sacks since he left the Ravens. He's had 6 sacks in the 2 games versus Baltimore and 13.5 in the other 36 games. He got motivated to play his old team, but other than that, not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Starting late in the second quarter, Rice's carries were for 1, 2, 3, -1, 0, and the 34 yard TD where he should have been tackled for a loss.
    Right off the bat, that first carry you list for a yard is wrong.

Rice for the game went (1st qtr) 4, 7 (2nd qtr) 2, 10, 6, 2, 3 (3rd qtr) 1, -1, 0, 34, 10 (4th qtr) NADA

The fact is Cam is a moron for not getting the ball to the team's best play maker in the 4th qtr.