Antler spray sales soar.....Mission accomplished

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...ray-sales-soar

Doesn't matter if Ray did or did not take the spray, all that matters is that it was talked about. Medical doctors have said on record there is no way to get IGF-1 into your body orally.

Why would anyone put any stock in what a guy who sells "hologram pain stickers" has to say anyway?

Re: Antler spray sales soar.....Mission accomplished

The guy got what he wanted, publicity for his products

Actually, spraying it under the tongue isn't oral, it's sublingual administration.
    Spraying it under the tongue allows it to be absorbed into the blood stream, oral requires the substance to survive stomach acid, intestinal absorption and first pass metabolism by the liver

Quote Originally Posted by sid214 View Post
    The guy got what he wanted, publicity for his products

Actually, spraying it under the tongue isn't oral, it's sublingual administration.
    Spraying it under the tongue allows it to be absorbed into the blood stream, oral requires the substance to survive stomach acid, intestinal absorption and first pass metabolism by the liver
    Regardless.........
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...,7725655.story

Even if Ray Lewis did use deer antler spray his body would have never absorbed the banned substance its manufacturer says gives the product its potency, a Johns Hopkins professor said.

Dr. Roberto Salvatori, who runs a lab studying growth hormone deficiency and has been on the Hopkins faculty since 1998, said there is no scientifically accepted way to deliver IGF-1 orally.

“If there were, a lot of people would be happy that they don’t need to get shots anymore,” he said. “It’s just simply not possible for it to come from a spray.”

Hell even the ads on the SITE here are now showing up with it.

Blog Entries

You have to believe an ass-load of BS to think Ray actually gained something with this deer antler stuff, even assuming he actually took it, which still has not been proven.

So the people who are dumb enough to believe this nonsense are the ones ripping Ray for cheating.

Then those exact same people, the ones ripping Ray because they've fallen for this story hook line and sinker, they're turning around and ordering it off the internet because... it was in SI, so it must be true.

Man, I'll tell ya. I am in my mid 40's now, and still play two sports competitively on a weekly basis. I run 2.5 - 4.0 miles a day (most days, like 5 days a week) and do other workouts as well to stay in shape. If this deer antler garbage could repair a torn tricep in 10 weeks, I can only imagine what it would do for my endless parade of minor, nagging injuries that seem to last for years. I'd be ALL OVER this crap if it worked. I'd be all over ANY crap if it worked.

Some of the radio guys (eg Colin Cowherd) have ranted on about "secret labs" in Europe, "overtaxed" doctors willing to take "a hundred grand under the table" to give these athletes the best stuff, etc. Problem is, for all that soaring rhetoric, the situation here with Ray is not that he did any of that elite, secret high level medical stuff, but rather he is accused of using some random crap readily found on the internet sold by some huckster working out of the back of an old tire shop, that somehow miraculously repairs torn muscles in world-record time in a manner hitherto unknown to medical science.

Blog Entries

that stuff doesn't work but fitness fanatics will try anything once

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    If this deer antler garbage could repair a torn tricep in 10 weeks, I can only imagine what it would do for my endless parade of minor, nagging injuries that seem to last for years. I'd be ALL OVER this crap if it worked. I'd be all over ANY crap if it worked.
    This must be your lucky day! You need the healing power and energy lift provided by the Kopi luwak coffee bean! Yes, that is the infamous bean that is eaten and pooped out by the Asian Palm Civet and has incredible, scientifically proven, healing, restorative and energy producing powers. Just slip a bean under your tongue and let it melt there - you'll feel your muscles heal, your aches and pains ease, and get the boost you need within seconds!

By the way, I am just the man to sell the Kopi luwak bean to you, at a fair mark up , of course. And I have texts from Ray Lewis proving he ordered it, so it must be good, right?

Let me know if you want to buy my crap, okay? And I've got deer antler spray too, if you want it. And hologram stickers. And underwear that Daniel Radcliffe wore while filing Harry Potter. And a carbuncle.

:D

Blog Entries

Speaking as someone who has gone from 135lbs pounds at 25 to 220lbs at 38, taken every legal supplement until they banned them, like Andro-something or ephedra, nothing stacks up like a healthy diet and consitant work-outs.

Personally, I am re-engineering my physique. I recently had surgery, and leading up to it, I let myself go for a couple months, was sitting at 214lbs at the end of December. Well, knowing my workouts are going to be limited, I dedicated myself to a healthy diet, lots of fruits, nuts, vegitables, lean meat, hardly any red meat. Proper usage of vitamins and protien powder, and taking two hour walks as I am still limited in what excercise I can do. Abs are made in the kitchen. I have lost 22lbs in about 30 days, weighing in at 192lbs. I am going for the "Fight Club" look after being "Bane - from Dark Knight Rises" at 41.

Point here is, it isn't a tricep tear, but they had to cut through my abdominal wall, no fun brothers. But I can honestly say, with the improved nutrition, and slow rehab of the area, my recovery has been exceptional. I am no where near, nor ever been the specimen or dedicated as Ray Lewis, nor do I posses the awesome genes Ray has, but I have experienced great recovery sitting here 27 days removed from surgery. In addition to my healthier diet, I have not touched alcohol nor drank ANYTHING other than smoothies, low sodium, V-8, and water, pure water, a lot of water.

My opinion that Ray used deer antler spray to speed his recovery is nonsense. It is possible to recover fast when you give EXACTLY what the body need and have a good surgeon. All the opinion on triceps recovery is often based off of the average person, Ray is not average. Hell, I didn't act like 'average'. When people brought sweets over, and things to make me feel better, it went right into the trash after they were thanked and they left.

Sometimes only experience can gleam truth when all others are persuaded by the double talkers with forked tongues.

The story first surfaced in 2010...and it's news 3 years later?

Personally, I LOVE IT! All the media is doing is pissing this team off even more...and making them focus even more to rally around their leader.

The 49ers are toast. This game will be over waaaaay before the end of the 3rd quarter.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.