Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

The OP's feelings are perfectly normal. I was a fairly rabid fan and had attended maybe 90 straight home games.

It probably started with the Boller experiment; continued through the joke that was the 2006 Super Bowl and ended with Lee Evan's drop @ Foxboro ....... I found that I no longer had the emotion I once had. I'm sure the passing of the Reed/Lewis era is having its effect also. Throw in some goofy rule changes; inconsistent officiating and, IMO, the NFL is certainly not something to be taken seriously. I still watch the games, if I’m available, but don' allow them to sap my time and money as they once did or replace a social engagement. I'm not really happy or sad …… I got nothin'. Occasionally I'll laugh at an official pretending to 'spot' a punt that was kicked into the stands.

P.S. I'll always feel that the 2006 & 2011 Ravens were the NFL's best team.
    Last edited by rla20cpa; 12-03-2012 at 12:32 PM.

2. Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Seriously. A loss like today's would normally send me into a fit of rage. The lucky wins we've had this year, and normally I would be picking over our deficiencies in spite of the win. Usually I'm cussing loudly about Cam Cameron.

But I've noticed this year, I'm just not doing that. I'm not getting too high after wins, and not too low after losses. The reason? I think it's because I'm so fed up with our coaches, I'm now used to it, or simply burned out. I said 3 years ago that we're never winning a Super Bowl with these coaches, and that hasn't changed one bit, despite being 9-3.

We've seen this same pattern repeatedly. Every time things are stacked up nicely for us, the team shits the bed, mainly through poor coaching decisions. Last year, we had a great opening day win against the Steelers, then traveled to Tennessee and lost embarassingly 26-13. A few weeks later, we were riding high at 4-1 after a win against Houston, then lost at Jacksonville pathetically 12-7. Then a great last-second win in Pittsburgh, followed by yet another sad effort in Seattle, 22-17.

Tonight, they had everything set for them - the division title, playing at home, playing against a 3rd string QB, and without several other starters, and the crowd ready to explode. What do they do? Shit the bed again.

It's obvious that they have the talent to beat anyone in the league. But they seem to have the coaching staff to lose to anyone on any day.

So why am I not all that upset after today's game? I'm burnt out... I've seen this act far too many times. I've seen that things just aren't going to change. No matter how many wake up calls we're given, this coaching staff simply refuses to change its ways. And because of that, it's hard for me to get excited about wins, when I know avoidable losses like tonight are right around the corner.
    Or maybe you're just getting older. I'm in my late 20's now and I've been a fan of this team since the day it was announced they were coming from Cleveland. It started a couple seasons ago with the Pitt loss in the playoffs. Since then I've kinda been taking in the big picture and not living week to week. Its help me be more objective.

Blog Entries

TBH I divested myself emotionally from this team after the AFCCG last season, after it occurred to me that this was as good as it was going to get under this regime. We were the best team in the AFC, and we couldn't get it done. This year's team is a shell of last year's squad.

As long as Flacco is under center I will never invest emotionally into a Ravens' game. Those days are gone forever. Joe is just far too inconsistent to the point where one never knows which QB will show up during any given game. One game he can post 30 easy points, and the next he cannot muster can't hit a receiver or throw a TD against an average team. This loss today was like de javu. We have seen Flacco throw away games to the Steelers in the 4th Qtr before with a stupic interception or a QB fumble.
    “Not bad for a running back.”

Have to agree with the OP. Pretty much sums up my feelings about the 2012 Ravens.

Blog Entries

This team will be judged based on what they do in the playoffs. The regular season is not important. The Ravens need to be like the last 2 Super Bowls Champions were and just get in and keep winning.

I guess I'm in the minority because I found this loss infuriating, aggravating, you name it. Losing to a Steelers team qbed by Charlie Batch? At home? If I wasn't upset I'd check my pulse. Harbaugh's idiotic challenge infuriated me, Flacco holding onto the ball too long infuriated me, and our secondary letting the Steelers receivers get wide open constantly made me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This team will be judged based on what they do in the playoffs. The regular season is not important.
    The good news is I think you're right.

The bad news is that I think this 2012 Ravens team is showing us they don't have what it takes to go far in the playoffs. We're not improving as the season progresses. I suppose there is always a chance we get hot at the last minute, but I'm not seeing any signs of it now.

I know it's early, but I'm thinking we squeak by to win the division, host a wild card team (probably the Colts) and lose at home. :bag:

This team is one and done in the playoffs - at that's IF THEY GET THERE - which is unlikely considering who they play in their last four games.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This team will be judged based on what they do in the playoffs. The regular season is not important. The Ravens need to be like the last 2 Super Bowls Champions were and just get in and keep winning.
    I like your thinking but this team doesn't seem capable of that. It is just really depressing to see the effort they put forth yesterday when everything was in place for them.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The outcome surprised me. I expected them to win. The offense looked completely out of sync. I knew this game would be close so that element didn't surprised me. Far too often we question Cam's lack of creativity and in game adjustments (deservedly so) but throw in the that lethargic offensive performance we saw yesterday there's no way you're going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    This team is one and done in the playoffs - at that's IF THEY GET THERE - which is unlikely considering who they play in their last four games.
    Are you defining one and done by losing the first playoff game or is it win the first game, move on and lose the second game. Different ways to look at "one and done". Just wanted some clarification because you keep saying that.