Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

Denver got a lot of injuries. Bailey is on crutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I agree. I love that stadium and the fans seem great with endless energy and enthusiasm. Their uniforms are great tool And they should be that way; the Seahawks have been playing fast, hard and vicious.I look for them to be a strong player in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I enjoy watching Seattle play at home. Good team in what seems like an incredible gameday atmosphere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blog Entries

Not sure if any of you watched the Jets and Jax last night but Blaine Gabbert actually looked pretty good. Couldn't believe it was the same guy. He eventually went out with a sprained thumb which may sideline him a little while but he looked far better than Henne

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I saw the game but honestly was finding it difficult to get past those Jax helmets.

I watched some of that Jax game and I noticed Jonathan Cyprien....the other safety we were considering has a long ways to go. He fell down while trying to cover Cumberland on the Jets first TD and also was called for a PI earlier where he looked lost on a 9 route.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I watched some of that Jax game and I noticed Jonathan Cyprien....the other safety we were considering has a long ways to go. He fell down while trying to cover Cumberland on the Jets first TD and also was called for a PI earlier where he looked lost on a 9 route.

Kind if glad to hear that. Not sure how Reid or Vacoro (my personal favourite) from the class are getting on. I could not be happier with Elam's progress. So far he really does have the look of a typical first round Raven defensive talent.

Blog Entries

Dustin Keller out for the season with a knee injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Dustin Keller out for the season with a knee injury.

That was a brutal injury with his leg sticking the wrong way - Theisman esque...

He gambled on himself taking that one year deal with Miami... too bad he got hurt

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

wow this is terrible

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    wow this is terrible

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.
    Oh man. That is terrible.

I can't help but think that hit was dirty. I don't think he intended to do that much damage, but there was zero reason to go that low. I know Swearinger said he wanted to hit low to avoid the helmet hit, but going low isn't the answer and he should know better.

You wrap the player up. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh man. That is terrible.

I can't help but think that hit was dirty. I don't think he intended to do that much damage, but there was zero reason to go that low. I know Swearinger said he wanted to hit low to avoid the helmet hit, but going low isn't the answer and he should know better.

You wrap the player up. Period.
    Ugly looking hit:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...021118557.html

I expect more of these with the rules being what they are. Players aiming for the chest end up with a helmet hit when the runner dips his head. Players will aim lower to avoid the penalties. I see it as unfortunate more than dirty though.
    Last edited by Bigfish; 08-18-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Ugly looking hit:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...021118557.html

I expect more of these with the rules being what they are. Players aiming for the chest end up with a helmet hit when the runner dips his head. Players will aim lower to avoid the penalties. I see it as unfortunate more than dirty though.
    This was predicted by many as the unintended consequence of the helmet-to-helmet rule.