Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Fans

1. Re: Our Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    First to the fans thanks for getting into the game. You were very loud when our team needed the noise. That being said I was very disappointed to see some fans throw bottles onto the field. I don't want to see Raven fans labeled like others around the NFL.

Secondly if you are caught on TV doing that you can lose your seats. Please think before any of you do that again.

Second that one, 71,000 people in attendance and 2 a-holes..(saw 2 bottles thrown) and looked like there was beer still in them, what a waste of beer and the person throwing them.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: Our Fans

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    I had to sit out last night . . . have a ten year old that had school today and she needed to be home, not spending the night somewhere.

Anyhoo . . . . . . having not spend many homes games NOT at the Great Purple Circle of Hope, I must say I was WAY impressed with the crowd noise coming through on the tv. Excellent job guys and gals.
    Me too, a sick 12 yo and home work and dinner. I was so totally impressed with our fans. I was like a caged animal, thank God my sister is watching my kids Sunday.

I love how some on this board have their own set of "rules" when it comes to out-of-town PSL owners.

You know what, get a life and get your mug out of mine! I have PSL's because of the grace of God and through hard work and dedication. I would never presume to tell you how to spend your money, raise your children, etc so please, with respect, stay out of my life.

Life took me out of town and I (and others on this board) make an extra effort (and expense) to still go to as many games as possible. By the way some people talk in here, we're some how the lepers of the Ravens fans.

Prejudice rarely shows any sense so I guess trying to make sense of it here is equally futile.

..... now, with that said, it was amazing hearing the noise!!!!!

I thought Steeler fans were bad till I ran into the crybaby Pats Fans. They are really pathetic.

I bought two tickets to the game. I am ashamed to say it, but I brought a Pats fan with me. But he did buy my beer the whole night and He was very respectful to the Ravens and the fans. Hell, even walking out of the stadium, he said to the people around us "I really thought you guys had that one in the bag. I am a little disappointed for you guys".

However, when the PSL owners who sold me their tickets catch wind that I brought a Pats fan, I have a feeling that might be the last time they sell to me. So in case they read this board... Dusti and Maurice... I am sorry!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

My wife and I are season ticket holders and travel from OC for every game. Yes we scream, yes we stand at times, but I'm not about to assume that I am the authority on the correct way to be a fan. I think that is up to the individual to decide. I know folks who are huge fans but choose not to try to get tickets to the games because they prefer to watch on TV. I don't think that makes them less of a fan.

I didn't experience any problems with the Pats fans. The only thing I heard was "it's great to be 12-0". I'm sure it is.

My wife and I will be part of the contingent in Miami next week. I'm sure there will be some Ravens fans there that the Miami fans will feel are assholes. Those few certainly won't represent the majority of us, and I'm sure the few asshole Pats fans don't represent the majority of them either.

Anyway, it was a great game, albeit a heart breaker, but I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Go Ravens!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    I don't know how you all felt after that game?
    I was disappointed but proud of my team, but my fun was on the way home. We got back to the Timonium light rail station about 1250, hit 83 on our trek home to Southern PA, only to be slowed by the snow that fell, melted then froze on the ground in Northern Baltimore County/Southern York County. After going thru a couple shutdowns of 83 & York road, we finally arrived home to the palatial estate about 330 am, for a trip that should have been 20 minutes that time of the night. That was insult on top of injury!!!

& I won't be fighting anyone over them selling their tix, but I will say something to them.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

8. Re: Our Fans

Im in new freedom pa too, got home at 3am too...i feel your pain.. got another late one this sunday too....but ill be there.

And see everyone in miami too.

4 games in 14 days. (army navy, pats, colts, dolphins)
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    I bought two tickets to the game. I am ashamed to say it, but I brought a Pats fan with me. But he did buy my beer the whole night and He was very respectful to the Ravens and the fans. Hell, even walking out of the stadium, he said to the people around us "I really thought you guys had that one in the bag. I am a little disappointed for you guys".

However, when the PSL owners who sold me their tickets catch wind that I brought a Pats fan, I have a feeling that might be the last time they sell to me. So in case they read this board... Dusti and Maurice... I am sorry!
    There is nothing wrong with bringing fans like that to the game. As long as they are respectful to the Ravens fans and don't start crap up with people that that's fine. It's these morons that walk in hooting and hollering stirring things up. They are the ones asking for it.

Problem is even well-mannered fans can be hassled by Ravens fans which is wrong. My section is notorious for that. You can't control how they act, especially when they get drunk.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with bringing fans like that to the game. As long as they are respectful to the Ravens fans and don't start crap up with people that that's fine. It's these morons that walk in hooting and hollering stirring things up. They are the ones asking for it.

Problem is even well-mannered fans can be hassled by Ravens fans which is wrong. My section is notorious for that. You can't control how they act, especially when they get drunk.
    Agreed.

I used to sit in my UL seats (sec 521) and I always bring my best friend who is a Pittsburgh fan. He was yelled at a few times but it was all in good fun.

However, one section to our left, Pittsburgh fans were getting bottles thrown at them. It was embarassing. The fans in the section were doing their best to live up to every stereotype that Baltimore fans have been labled.

I dont know about everyone else on the board, but Im a 100% snitch when it comes to this stuff like throwing bottles and starting fights-- and I dont care if you're a Ravens or opposing team fan. I happen to like the fact I can still buy a nice cold one in the 3rd quarter and I'll be damned if some drunk idiot, who cant handle his or her booze, ruin my good time.

Now with that said, I LOVE giving opposing team fans all the verbal grief I can come up with! :)

Nobody left. No way no how.
    The sound was deafening for just about the entire game.
    Over a thousand people in Sections 531, 532 & 533 screamed their brains out on our R-A-V-E-N-S cheers. I got nekkid 3 times by popular demand. :D
    Even the few lame turds who sit near me who never say nothing were seen vigorously yelling.
    i am so proud of our fans.
    i am so proud of our players.
    i am so proud of Our Team.
    i'm convinced there wasn't a soul in that stadium who didn't leave everything on the field that night.

It felt like a win.
    NOTHING to be ashamed about.
    THE Most enjoyable game of the year.
    I'll never forget it.

GO RAVENS!!!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post

Even the fans in 121 were cool to my friend. No one hassled him at all. He had a great time. He was surprised at how friendly the fans were to him. He was expecting to catch some hell.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!