Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If Boller is placed on IR would you...

he retired due to an Achilles tendon injury, so if he signed, it would only be to hold a clipboard...

I would think it'd be a nice story, but I don't think he'd do it. I think he'd be more open to assisting in camp next year as a coaching assistant.

honestly, if Boller goes on IR, I think we're looking at whoever gets cut on Saturday for his replacement.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

2. Re: If Boller is placed on IR would you...

I think how its funny that the Sun Paper still lists Vinny Testeverde as one of the veteran QB's still out there....are they serious?? I do think that would be better then dilfer...come full circle....vinny started here in 96 and can come back to baltimore for one more year to retire! hahaha (sarcastic)
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Blog Entries

well out of the remaining players from last year, Testeverde would be the best mentor. I don't want a Daunte Culpepper or Aaron Brooks mentoring Flacco, Kelly Holcomb and Tim Rattay were never that good anyway, and Craig Nall and Jaime Martin barely qualify as experienced QBs. I can't think of anyone else sitting out there waiting.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Wink Re: If Boller is placed on IR would you...

Only if Culpepper, Simms, Griese, Garcia, Redman, Harrington were not available. But if that case, compared to the stiffs that we have on the payroll right now: hell yeah.
    Last edited by Mista T; 08-28-2008 at 11:56 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Vinny?

Good god people.

Enough.

Flacco's "mentors" are Cam Cameron and Hue Jackson.

Seriously, this stuff is getting out of hand.

PP

Nah. We're pretty much boned for the season so no use it throwing away good money.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

As much as I like Dilfer it's a little late. I would rather see Culpepper come in so, Flacco can sit and learn. The game is a little fast for Flacco right now.

Chris Simms possibly. Maybe even keeping Bramlet. He was fairly competent. A few turnovers, but just getting off the plane, he did ok, but he is certainly no veteran. Shit... who knows at this point. I think it is safe to rule out Redman, Dilfer, Harrington (although he and I share a last name), and Culpepper.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Where's Tony Banks!?!?!

Isn't Scott Mitchell teaching Elementary School somewhere? I'll take a leap of faith.

Wink Re: If Boller is placed on IR would you...

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Chris Simms possibly. Maybe even keeping Bramlet. He was fairly competent. A few turnovers, but just getting off the plane, he did ok, but he is certainly no veteran. Shit... who knows at this point. I think it is safe to rule out Redman, Dilfer, Harrington (although he and I share a last name), and Culpepper.

Why? Saturday is cutdown day, and 2/3's of our QBs from camp may be out for weeks. I wouldn't rule out anything.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

No. Joe Flacco will be the starting QB. If Smith ever gets well, he can backup Flacco. The coaches are really high on Smith, anyway. Boller will be IRd and Bramlett can be number 3. I thought he played well for a guy who just flew in from the west coast with no practice.

12. Re: If Boller is placed on IR would you...

As I said in my earler post,I think that Cam Cameron will bring in someone who knows his system.
    One of these QBs is John Beck.
    All the teams need to get their rosters down by Sunday,I believe.
    If so,we need to be patient.
    Does anyone know who else Cam Cameron has coached in the past that may be available?
    He is an expert who may just feel that another quarterback may just get the job done.
    I have never heard Cam Cameron endorse any or all of our QBs.
    Again,I fully expect to see us make a selection after the final cuts are announced.
    It may just be a name as well known as San Francisco's JT O'Sullivan who beat out Alex Smith.
    For that matter Sean Hill is highly overpaid to be a third string QB.
    The ex-Terrapin looked awfully good at the end of last year.