Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: James Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    here's a clip of the play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90

McCoy left the pocket and was a threat to run so he can be hit like a running back. But you can't lead with your helmet like that. fine coming but not suspension
    Except he no longer had the ball

And he did not duck his head one inch, contrary to another posters claim.

I think he gets a one game suspension because he is a repeat offender. The question is would it be for the next game against the 49ers. Love to see Harrison sitting that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    here's a clip of the play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90

McCoy left the pocket and was a threat to run so he can be hit like a running back. But you can't lead with your helmet like that. fine coming but not suspension
    I think this analysis is wrong. He was behind the line of scrimmage. He had pulled up and had actually thrown the ball. Harrison lowered his head, led with his helmet and launched his body. That is not good form tackling. When you tackle, you breakdown, square up and drive your should through the player while wrapping your arms around him. Harrison has the athleticism to do this and had the time to do this. Instead, he chose to launch himself head high and to lead with his helmet. He should be suspended because this is the latest in a series of such choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I think this analysis is wrong. He was behind the line of scrimmage. He had pulled up and had actually thrown the ball. Harrison lowered his head, led with his helmet and launched his body. That is not good form tackling. When you tackle, you breakdown, square up and drive your should through the player while wrapping your arms around him. Harrison has the athleticism to do this and had the time to do this. Instead, he chose to launch himself head high and to lead with his helmet. He should be suspended because this is the latest in a series of such choices.
    Correct Jaws talked about this on Mike and Mike this morning.

If Harrison had his head up, he would have seen that McCoy was no longer a :runner.
    WHat a dummy.
    Dock his pay.

6. Re: James Harrison

It was a cheap shot, pure and simple. Fines don't deter this guy, it's time to suspend him. He's going to end someone season and maybe even a career if the league doesn't reign him in.

Blog Entries

As I said last night, James Harrison could have easily speared McCoy in the chest and called it a day.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

After watching the a handful of times, I see it as a dirty play. McCoy didn't lower his head at the last minute, atleast to my eyes. If he did it was very slight. I feel the rule is unfair to defensive players because of the aspect of offensive players, especially recievers, a lot of times lowering their heads right before the hit. However, in this case the offensive player didn't lower his head, and thus altering the location of the hit.

I feel Harrison could have held up as well. He just chose to hit him in the head.

I'd be interested in what Harrison's explanation of the hit is.

Blog Entries

Looked like leading with the crown to me. Repeat offender. Time to sit.

I know these guys have a lot of money. But you'd think that Harrison would get tired of paying these fines. I can think of better things to waste tens of thousands of dollars on.

Dude spears on about 50% of his tackles. He has shown no interest in ever doing it differently. If the NFL actually had any interest in safety, other than protecting franchise QBs, he would have been suspended several times already.

Why did Harrison lower his head at all? McCoy already threw the ball - Harrison had to have seen that happen right in front of him.

I expect a fine. It should be a suspension, but it won't happen.