Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: Free The Birds

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Nestor is a joke.. Who cares.. It was about Nestor getting attention.. Move on
    Apparently Angelos posts on the 24x7 boards. Who knew?

Go ahead, put money in his pocket, continue to let him win. Then next year he'll spend money on some 2nd rate free agent, you will re-evaluate their winning chances, buy a 10 game package, and they will finish below .500 for the 11th straight year.

Why don't you buy a full season package for 4 tickets, that way you can show that you are a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    Go ahead, put money in his pocket, continue to let him win. Then next year he'll spend money on some 2nd rate free agent, you will re-evaluate their winning chances, buy a 10 game package, and they will finish below .500 for the 11th straight year.

Why don't you buy a full season package for 4 tickets, that way you can show that you are a complete idiot.
    That's right, because boycotting the team to protest the owner really worked for Irsay and the Colts.

I went last year and had the best time at an O's game I have had in years. I am glad Free the Birds 2 is planned, but I am probably not going this year. They obviously dont care at all about their fans so I will lay on my couch after work and watch MNF. Apathy has set in. But I hope this causes some commotion and embarrassment for that jackass Angelos.

Nestor can certainly be a gasbag, but last year's protest did at least bring national media attention to the fact that Orioles fans hate their owner, and want him to go away. And best of all, like Galen said, it irritated Angelos so much that he felt compelled to respond in the media, sounding like a 12 year old boy who got his feelings hurt because he's not as popular as the guy next door.

I was also at an Orioles/Red Sox game recently, and it really was an embarrassment. When Ortiz crushed a home run in the first inning, it looked like about half of the sold-out crowd stood and cheered. HALF! It was a little like the early Ravens days when Steelers fans came here in droves, only much, much, much worse.

But it's hard to blame the fans when the team sucks, year after year, and the owner boasts on an annual basis that they're "heading in the right direction" or some other nonsense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Nestor is a joke.. Who cares.. It was about Nestor getting attention.. Move on
    I think the quote by Angelos was that "Nestor has delusions of grandeur"

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I think the quote by Angelos was that "Nestor has delusions of grandeur"

As much as I disliek the way the Orioles are run, he has a point. It is as much abotu Nestor as it is his beloved O's. It is at a minimum 50% ego driven.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Then organize your own protest. You go to your church, I'll go to mine, so to speak.
    After all the crap Angelos has done to this team & city, I have lost my Orioles religion. All I have left is my Ravens religion now. In 96, when the Ravens were 4-12 & the Orioles went to the ALCS, I had both, so I'm not a bandwagoner. I even had the Orioles religion into the early part of this century. Angelos has killed the Orange & Black religion. There are still Oriole things in my basement, which is now heavily Ravens, but they are my old memories. My kids ask me to tell them stories, & that's all I have left. It shouldn't be this way, the legend of the Orioles should be going forward. All the memories my kids have of the Orioles now are as losers. So sad that it has become this. I get my fix for baseball now coaching & thru watching my oldest son play in Little League.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Apparently Angelos posts on the 24x7 boards. Who knew?
    Not even close.. I hate Angelos as much as everyone else.. but i have worked for Nestor at WNST.. Its obvious everything he does is to stroke his ego.. Most people at the station think he is a joke too.. I heard a story from a WNST host that Nestor said at a party "When people think of Baltimore sports broadcasters, they think of me."

I heard a story from a WNST host that Nestor said at a party "When people think of Baltimore sports broadcasters, they think of me."
    Since Im not from Baltimore this could be totally wrong but I do feel that way about Nestor. He is talked about by many people on these boards. Even his articles from his web site get talked about. They either hate him or love him, either way the biggest complaint about him was trying to listen to him on a clear channel.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Since Im not from Baltimore this could be totally wrong but I do feel that way about Nestor. He is talked about by many people on these boards. Even his articles from his web site get talked about. They either hate him or love him, either way the biggest complaint about him was trying to listen to him on a clear channel.
    I think Nester is ok...being from Baltimore and about the same age as him, I relate to growing up an Orioles/Colts fan and having the family memories of these teams. He can be self-promoting but he is the only sports presonality that is doing anything about the disgraceful state of affairs of the Orioles. All the rest of them hop on the latest changes and try to promote the idea that "this" is the time when things will change. Yeah.

Anyway he is still better than Anita "have I ever told you I played Football too?" Marks and Damon "I am brilliant because I coach high school football and you are an idiot because you are not me" Yaffe.

I used to be the guy at every opening day and now I get free tickets and give them away everytime.
    Angelos has ruined all of baseball for me making summers very long.