Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: What's Everyone Drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    I can't believe the love for Smithwicks here
    Irish drink but it's not popular at all in Ireland

What's going on :)
    Most Americans who partied with us in Ireland the year we met you were also pretty impressed with Smithwick's. Full bodied, smooth, but without the nasty aftertaste of Guiness. Of course, we were getting Smithwick's drawn at "Smoke-free" (ha-ha!) pubs of rural Éire, instead of bottled for export.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Great beer. Lagunitas is probably my favorite brewery.
    Me too.

Lil' Something Something is one of my favorite IPA's out there.

Lagunita's has a great product.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I surely thought you'd be partial to "Pete's Wickedsolo Ale"... bc
    Haha,

You know Bc before I was 21 I remember seeing and hearing ads all the time for Pete's Wicked Ale and all I wanted to do was try it because it seemed some badass.

Really not that great of a beer. It's ok.

I haven't seen it in a while though. Might not be able to get it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Damn good brew!
    Flat out addicted to Dogfish 90. Been down to their spot in Delaware a few times and have a couple and pick up a growler. Delicious! Love IPA's and this one takes the cake for me.

Also love Racer IPA which I found around here every once in a while and Resurrection Ale is way up there too.

I'll look for some of the rec'd IPA's on here next time I hit the store, so thanks for the advice. I saw this fun list there other day:

http://brewpublic.com/beer-releases/...y-hoppy-beers/

5. Re: What's Everyone Drinking?

I'm usually partial to the Maryland beers. Love Heavy Seas Loose Cannon and Small Craft Warning. Resurrection Ale as well as Ozzy from Brewer's Art are also superior.

If I go out of state I love Lagunitas as well. I've tried most of their styles and always been impressed. "Little Sumpin' Sumpin'" is my favorite.

Since I watched the Champions League final this weekend and my buddy is a huge Bayern fan I drank quite a bit of German bier. Ayinger Hefeweizen (light and dark).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Flat out addicted to Dogfish 90. Been down to their spot in Delaware a few times and have a couple and pick up a growler. Delicious! Love IPA's and this one takes the cake for me.

Also love Racer IPA which I found around here every once in a while and Resurrection Ale is way up there too.

I'll look for some of the rec'd IPA's on here next time I hit the store, so thanks for the advice. I saw this fun list there other day:

http://brewpublic.com/beer-releases/...y-hoppy-beers/
    Some of my fav IPA's:

Lagunita's Hop Stoopid
    Lagunita's Lil'Something Something
    Hopocalypse
    Clipper City's Loose Cannon Triple Hopped IPA (Heavy Seas line)
    Bell's 2 Hearted Ale
    Avery Brewing "The Maharaja"
    Breckenridge Brewing 471 (I could only drink about 2 of these...it's a sipper...almost like a scotch haha)
    Breckenridge Brewing Lucky U IPA
    Green Flash Brewing IPA
    Anything by Rogue Brewing
    Arrogant Bastard/Stone IPA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    just came from 'stout' on 33rd. i had the milk stout - man this is one of the best stouts i have ever had. definitely recommend this place for anyone in NYC.

p.s. ginger man is really good too - they had the lagunitas IPA on tap, one of my all time favorites along with the stone IPA!
    Best stout I've had, is Sam Adams Black & Brew, it's a coffee stout. I really hope they make that again this fall/winter.

Smithwick's is pretty tasty, I agree. And Full Sail's beers are all good, I usually stick with their Pale Ale or Amber Ale. By the way, Full Sail is based in Hood River, OR.

As for the hard stuff, I like either Maker's Mark or Evan Williams.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

I can't drink Smithwicks anymore.

The college pup my buddies and I would hang out at had it on tap for a long time and we used to order it by the pitcher because it was one of their happy hour pitchers. Definitely drank way too much of it.

Never been a fan of Smithwick's either. If I am going to drink Irish, I am going Guinness 100 times out of 100.

Unless I get a cider jones. Then it's Magners.

My fridge is eternally stocked with Kronenbourg (French) beer, and Weihenstephan original premium. Weihenstephan, seit 1040 (since 1040), originally brewed by monks, State licensed to sell to the public a few hundred years later, and owners of Weihenstephan University, where all beermeisters worth their salt are trained. They also have their own strain of hops, and yeast. Many of the better brewers use their hops, if not also their yeast. For a pure beer flavor, there is none better.
    I understand Stegmaier is back in business. I have been meaning to take a trip to Wilkes Barre, Pa to buy some of their Porter. It was, before they shut down in 1974, the very best porter I have ever had the pleasure to drink. Any body tried Stegmaier since the re-opening?. Is it still as good ?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Some of my fav IPA's:

Lagunita's Hop Stoopid
    Lagunita's Lil'Something Something
    Hopocalypse
    Clipper City's Loose Cannon Triple Hopped IPA (Heavy Seas line)
    Bell's 2 Hearted Ale
    Avery Brewing "The Maharaja"
    Breckenridge Brewing 471 (I could only drink about 2 of these...it's a sipper...almost like a scotch haha)
    Breckenridge Brewing Lucky U IPA
    Green Flash Brewing IPA
    Anything by Rogue Brewing
    Arrogant Bastard/Stone IPA
    Thanks you sir! I bought some Dog 120 the other day. Enjoyed trying it, but the 90 is more my level.