Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Board Members Only Party

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what you might think of quarterly gatherings for the board members. I would pick a game night of interest (sport doesn't matter IMO...just a good game) and work with a pub to provide specials and maybe a free buffet of wings and other munchies.

I would try and move such gatherings around the Beltway to spread out the convenience factor.

Is this something that would be of interest to you?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Board Members Only Party

I would be interested, depending on schedule, location, etc.

You might consider a pre or post game event for a Ravens game this fall, or maybe during a game for an away game.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

London in Sept?

We are considering a party in London. And we're open to suggestions.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

How about game watch parties for away games? Would be nice to put faces with (nick)names for those that live in the area.

What several of us have ever learned over the years is that when you actually meet people from here in person you tend to comment towards one another in a little bit different fashion. The face to face meetings tend to add more of a human element to how you interact with each other. I think having these types of gatherings are a good thing which is why we always say everybody is welcome to come by our tailgate and put a face to the names. Unfortunately right now I think many of the more active participants on here live in other states and in some cases other countries making their ability to attend one of these partys a slim possibility.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Great idea. If I didn't live 1,000 miles away . . .
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    What several of us have ever learned over the years is that when you actually meet people from here in person you tend to comment towards one another in a little bit different fashion. The face to face meetings tend to add more of a human element to how you interact with each other. I think having these types of gatherings are a good thing which is why we always say everybody is welcome to come by our tailgate and put a face to the names. Unfortunately right now I think many of the more active participants on here live in other states and in some cases other countries making their ability to attend one of these partys a slim possibility.
    Gwnr did say he's visiting this fall...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think this would be great - I'd probably post a lot more here if I put some faces with names. Probably just old (school!) Haha

I'm in. Could setup some Skype monitors too.

I think this is a good idea and would make every effort to be there. I have had the pleasure of personally meeting a few of the contributors and appreciate the personal touch.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

I would be gutted if you guys had a party in London just as I move to Australia for 2 years, I'm actually gutted that I can't even make the game since I'm going away at the end of September.