Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Seriously, any time I watch him "lighting it up" this is what it looks like.

Bingo.

This on top of an awesome running game and great defenses behind him in the past has gotten them Lombardis. To solely credit Brady is ridiculous.

Switch Aaron Rogers and Brady. Could you imagine what Aaron Rogers could do with that kind of time? Do you think Brady could do what Aaron has done with those offensive lines in GB? No way.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Re: Media Crowning Patriots Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Bingo.

This on top of an awesome running game and great defenses behind him in the past has gotten them Lombardis. To solely credit Brady is ridiculous.

Switch Aaron Rogers and Brady. Could you imagine what Aaron Rogers could do with that kind of time? Do you think Brady could do what Aaron has done with those offensive lines in GB? No way.
    I'd take Rodgers over Brady any day of the week. Manning in his prime (especially behind Brady's line) but today, give me Rodgers he doesn't need the best or top line to get the ball in the hands of his WR's.

I'm an old school smash mouth football fan, but Rodgers might be my favorite player in the NFL to watch. Non-Raven of course.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I feel it's the system that makes him.

I'm not sure how many games people watch of Brady's but 9 out of 10 he has ALL DAY to throw, and has for years.

IMO, he is one of the most overrated players of our generation. Good? Yes. Very Good? yes. Great? Borderline.
    Oh... wow...

this thread is ridiculous.

106.8 QB Rating over the past 5 years, 50 TD season, 2 MVPS, 2 Superbowl MVPs, 3 superbowl rings, 5 appearances in 10 years, only QB to ever win 10 division titles, 1 comeback player of the year.

He doesnt need a good line to be "good." he was sacked 32 times last year and still had a 105.6 rating. He was one of the fastest releases in the game.

yeah, he is "overrated."

The man is the best QB to ever play the game along with Unitas and Montana.

And Ill have you know, his numbers from his first few years resemble Joe's current numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    So you think Houston's (#1 seed) a fraud and the Pat's (#2 seed) are just media hyped and overrated...Who do you like in the AFC?

Here are some stats on the Pats offense this year courtesy of Mr. Easterbrook at ESPN:

"In 2007, the Patriots set the NFL's single-season scoring record, averaging 37 points per game. This year's New England offense is nearly as good, averaging 36 points per game. By some measures this year's Patriots are superior -- plus-24 for turnovers versus plus-16 in 2007, 28 first downs per game versus 25 per in 2007. The 2007 New England offense featured quick-strike deep passes; the 2012 iteration is seventh in the NFL in rushing, and therefore controls the ball better. New England is on pace for 444 first downs. The current record, set by New Orleans in 2011, is 411."
    Every season there are these dominant teams that the stat heads drool over that get stomped in the playoffs. The Patriots, Packers, and Saints are repeat offenders. This season will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Oh... wow...

106.8 QB Rating over the past 5 years, 50 TD season, 2 MVPS, 2 Superbowl MVPs, 3 superbowl rings, 5 appearances in 10 years, only QB to ever win 10 division titles, 1 comeback player of the year.

He doesnt need a good line to be "good." he was sacked 32 times last year and still had a 105.6 rating. He was one of the fastest releases in the game.

yeah, he is "overrated."

And Ill have you know, his numbers from his first few years resemble Joe's current numbers.
    Yes, Brady is one of the best to play the game. He does benefit from a system, however. But he works magic within that system and every great QB has had a system built around him so the discussion is sort of moot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Oh... wow...

yeah, he is "overrated."

These are nothing but stats. The game is vastly different from 10 years ago much less when Montana, Elway, Marino etc. played it.

My opinion is that while good/great he's benefited from a good system/good o-line's etc. I've watched a ton of Patriots games and see him have all the time in the world.

Houston is way overrated. They barely and luckily beat Detroit on bad call and Jax @ home down 14 pts. with 4 minutes left. Thier defense is coming apart, they have lost players as well. Phillips defenses are good for about a year before they start leaking oil. The last 2 decent teams they played they got lit up by GB and NE.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yes, Brady is one of the best to play the game. He does benefit from a system, however. But he works magic within that system and every great QB has had a system built around him so the discussion is sort of moot.
    No one is arguing that Brady doesn't get it done within his system.

So the broncos have been building their system for years to suit Peyton as they knew he would be playing there?

Obviously not. Peyton came in and set up shop. You better believe every personnel move on offense was made with direct consultation from Manning. Brady, not so much. Although I'm sure he lobbied to get that Randy Moss guy.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 12-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.

–Eleanor Roosevelt

If I'm not mistaken Peyton never played with a defense in Indy that wasn't in the bottom 10. Go look at the rosters for the super bowl winning NE teams. Some notables:

Asante Samuel
    Vince Wilfork
    Richard Seymore
    Teddy Bruschi
    Willie Mcginest
    Ty law
    Lawyer Miloy
    Mike Vrabel
    Roman Phifer
    Rodney Harrison
    Ted Washington

All pro-bowlers, some more notable than others.

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Peyton never played with a defense in Indy that wasn't in the bottom 10. Go look at the rosters for the super bowl winning NE teams. Some notables:

Asante Samuel
    Vince Wilfork
    Richard Seymore
    Teddy Bruschi
    Willie Mcginest
    Ty law
    Lawyer Miloy
    Mike Vrabel
    Roman Phifer
    Rodney Harrison
    Ted Washington

All pro-bowlers, some more notable than others.
    How many super bowls have any of those guys been to without Tom Brady as their QB and Bill Belichick as their coach?

I just don't see how you can sell me the Tom Brady overrated argument. The guy's been to 5 Super Bowls in the 10 seasons he's been the full time starter. Hard to get better than that from a QB in the Super Bowl era.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I never understood this. Belicheck is one of, if not, the best coaches in the league and a big supporter of baltimore football (Harbs was his suggestion). They happened to go 18-1 after the findings, so evidently they really didnt need what they found out anyway.
    Which is why he went out of his way to do it for years and tried to hide that he was doing it, I guess.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh