Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I didnt see anything bad from Troy's play. He played as well as he could considering the condition of our O line and he showed more poise and pocket presence than Boller.
    I wish I could figure out how you come to that, given the state of our offensive line. He took a couple sacks and fumbled the ball. He had balls tipped at the LOS and threw a couple sure INT's. There was plenty on his end to complain about. But that's what happens when you can't get into a rhythm, and have no competency on the offensive line.

All I saw was the same old Ravens offense, just with a different QB attempting to throw the ball. Any one of our last 10 QB's could have had this exact game.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    OMG!!! A touchdown!

Wow!! How did Derrick Mason get open??
    Did anyone else notice after the TD pass that they showed Billick on the sideline & he looked pissed? Like Troy switched the play & it worked? Wow, that's what the house full of people here thought.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I wish I could figure out how you come to that, given the state of our offensive line. He took a couple sacks and fumbled the ball. He had balls tipped at the LOS and threw a couple sure INT's. There was plenty on his end to complain about. But that's what happens when you can't get into a rhythm, and have no competency on the offensive line.

All I saw was the same old Ravens offense, just with a different QB attempting to throw the ball. Any one of our last 10 QB's could have had this exact game.
    Easy. Pocket presence and mobility. Something McBoller either lost due to old age or never had to being with.

Easy. Pocket presence and mobility. Something McBoller either lost due to old age or never had to being with.
    I wish I saw what you did. Because all that running around didn't do Smith a damn bit of good tonight. And he lost a fumble back there trying to be mobile and pocket present.

27-6 tells me all that so called pocket presense did nothing to change the game. Did nothing to tell me he had a better game than Boller would have, or McNair would have.

Actually Stinger I do I agree that no matter what qb is back there, there are going to be troubles.
    Houston is right though; despite the poor offensive design and the quality of the Seattle Defense, Smith only managed to have several turnovers as opposed to the eight or so that Boller would've had in the same situation. Smith looked fluid and took much better care of the ball than Boller ever has, given the same poor offense.

I am one of those people who will continue to say that Boller is a major problem - Billick loves the guy and I am willing to bet that he will only call plays to make Boller look good (no downfield calls for McNair or Smith, only Boller). Billick looked pissed on the sideline when Smith actually tried to be effective (by throwing the bomb to Mason) rather than simply looking bad for two games so Billick would have "just cause" to bring back Boller as the starter next year to give hime his 40th or so chance.

I think what the announcers said about how JO said that he really liked Troy and the way he composed himself. Mason and Jason Brown also verbalized their support for him.

I have never heard any players give Boller such support BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE HIM. He is a celeb partier who couldn't care less about winning; I never hear anything about him putting in the extra work in the weight room or film room, training with the recievers or anything to develop a repoire with his teammates. Read between the lines over what has gone on the past 5 years since Billick has been here. The team has NEVER responded to Boller; and they probably never will.

That is why I am more apt to give the same excuses you seem to be pleading for Boller to Smith Instead.

If you think it is race, think about the times the Ravens have played against Trent Dilfer since Billick let him go. JO always comments about how he (Trent) will always be "his QB" and how they still hang out and talk sometimes. Trent Dilfer commented the last time we played him in Baltimore (when he was with Cleveland) about how he still stays in touch with Ray as well.

Boller just doesn't click with this team and hasn't done anything to endear himself to his teammates. I am not going to go along with your sob story about how "unfairly" Boller has been treated because, with all the privledge Billick has given to him (starting without proving himself) and all the "special consultants" that were brought in just for Boller, I don't think he has been treated unfairly. This dude who shouldn't have been a starter from day one is basically the coaches son; everyone else on the team can see it and can see it has cost the team for some years.

How many times are you going to flat out LIE about the players not liking Boller PB?

Stinger-
    Never will I stop these "lies" because there arent' any. Again, read between the lines; look at how the players react and interact with Boller - they don't.
    Boller took in Mark Clayton during his rookie year; I still don't see him "hanging out" or being chummy with Boller.
    In fact I don't see anyone doing that with Boller (except Billick) on the current team and the only teammate that I saw ever getting along with him was Will Demps (who was more concerned with his modelling career than playing football). Supposedly Derek Anderson was buddy-buddy with him too (according to a Sun interview this year), but he too is no longer here.
    McNair does poorly and the players say they still want him to be the starter; Smith comes in and several players express their endorsement of him. I haven't read any quotes from any of the players saying something to the affect of "Oh boy, I am so excited that I will be playing with Kyle (again)" after McNair went out.
    If you cannot see that Boller is just not very well liked by the team, then keep on preaching the "Boller sob story".

Blog Entries

I didnt see anything bad from Troy's play. He played as well as he could considering the condition of our O line and he showed more poise and pocket presence than Boller.
    That's what I saw too....I think he did very well under the circumstances.....

Just for the record here...
    McCallister was on the Anita Marx show about two months ago when I happened to be listening.

McCallister was talking about how he, J.O. and Boller were out playing Golf together earlier that day.

Doesn't exactly sound like two guys that don't like Boller or aren't "chummy" with him in any fashion at all.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Just for the record here...
    McCallister was on the Anita Marx show about two months ago when I happened to be listening.

McCallister was talking about how he, J.O. and Boller were out playing Golf together earlier that day.

Doesn't exactly sound like two guys that don't like Boller or aren't "chummy" with him in any fashion at all.
    I'll say this. If the players like Troy Smith and don't like Kyle Boller, they sure as hell didn't show it today.

I dont know how you can prove that he is hated, if he is I would be surprised. He seems like a nice enough guy and he certainly will take the blame when things are his fault. Plus he never make excuses.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Yes, I guess it is impossible to prove that he (Boller) is the scourge of the earth in the players' eyes, especially since he is golfing with those players.

I do believe, however, that from the reasons that I stated in an earlier post that Boller is not necessarily the guy that is or has ever been an "inspiration" to the offense. He doesn't really command the respect in the huddle or on the practice field that a starting qb should. This is my opinion, and no, I cannot present you with physical evidence of this being true. This is based soley on analyzing the comments and actions (ie play on the field) of his fellow teammates throughout the years he has played for the Ravens.