Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    If you dont think billick was absolutely pivotal in our SB year, you were either pretty young at the time or your memory is a little foggy. From making the change to Dilfer midseason, to developing a ball control attack with a dominant rookie RB, to really setting the tone for the team and cultivating a team identity for the playoff run. Billick was the perfect coach for that team. His win/loss percentage over his nine years here speaks for itself, especially considering that he did it without ever having even a halfway decent QB. Our window with the Harbs regime was the 2010 and 2011 seasons. Billick would have gotten a ring one of those years.
    :word

Harbaugh apologists and their revisionist history, lol. Does anyone think Harbs would have won a ring with that 2000 team?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post

Harbaugh apologists and their revisionist history, lol. Does anyone think Harbs would have won a ring with that 2000 team?
    Yeah, look at the SB opponent........and their QB.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Yeah, look at the SB opponent........and their QB.
    Yeah, look at 'em:

January 14, 2001
    NFC Championship: New York Giants 41, Minnesota Vikings 0

Quarterback Kerry Collins led the Giants to a victory by throwing for 381 yards and 5 touchdowns in the most lopsided game in NFC Championship game history and the second most lopsided title game ever (after the 1990 AFC Title game). Meanwhile, the Giants shut out the Vikings by limiting them to only 114 offensive yards, sacking quarterback Daunte Culpepper 4 times, and forcing 5 turnovers, and handing the Vikings their first shutout and worst loss in their postseason history.
    Whadda buncha palookas!

Ravens fans who remember the Super Bowl run tend to forget that most NFL fans & a clear majority of the national sports media were convinced that the Giants were going to stomp them in SB XXXV. Some of that was wishful thinking, particularly on the part of the press*--the abandonment of Cleveland & Ray's mess in Atlanta were fresh in memory & during the runup to the big game Billick paraded his arrogance in front of them like a bullfighter's cape to take the heat off #52--but Collins' ineptitude in Tampa was a total shock to them after he played like an All-Pro in routing a very good Vikings team two weeks earlier.

* IMHO the smug certainty of the press that the Ravens would be crushed was the most drastic misapprehension of reality by supposedly informed professionals in history--until last November when the Romney campaign trumped** them.
    ** Pun unintended but I accept the award on behalf of my subconscious...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So it's now just being stated as a fact that Steve fired Cam rather than Harbaugh? The same Harbaugh who got into a public screaming match with him the day before and who took full credit for the firing today?

Tell me guys, who in the castle do you know who's giving such juicy info? Because from where I'm sitting, it looks like you're all pulling it out of your asses.

However, I'm still thinking that Bisciotti definitely had a sit down with Harbs a few weeks ago and said things need to change. Why wouldn't he?

The amount of money he has invested into the offense alone would make any owner do a little digging into why there are inconsistency issues.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh had no issue cutting a veteran kicker for an unproven rookie. Why would he have an issue cutting a coordinator? The Harbaugh loyalty meme is getting old.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Harbaugh had no issue cutting a veteran kicker for an unproven rookie. Why would he have an issue cutting a coordinator? The Harbaugh loyalty meme is getting old.
    Then why did it take him so long to get rid of Cam. Most everyone else would have fired Cam years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Then why did it take him so long to get rid of Cam. Most everyone else would have fired Cam years ago.
    Why don't you call up Harbs and ask him? I wanted Cam gone too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Why don't you call up Harbs and ask him? I wanted Cam gone too.
    Don't you think the reason he didn't was because of loyalty? He wanted to give Cam every possible chance to turn it around. If Cam wasn't a family friend I doubt he's keeps getting 1 more chance. Instead he ends up like Matsko and gone after 1 sub-par season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Don't you think the reason he didn't was because of loyalty? He wanted to give Cam every possible chance to turn it around. If Cam wasn't a family friend I doubt he's keeps getting 1 more chance. Instead he ends up like Matsko and gone after 1 sub-par season.
    I'm sure that his off-field relationship with Cam played a part in it, but at the end of the day (like I've been saying for months) if Bisciotti comes down and tells Harbs that he needs to fix things because he is unhappy with the situation, then Harbs is going to do just that in order to keep his job. Plain and simple. Was Harbs' loyalty to Pops Mattison strong enough to keep him around? Nope. Same with Cam.

Bisciotti and Ozzie (and I'd like to think Harbs) saw that the offense had stagnated and just wasn't responding to Cam's philosophy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Harbaugh isn't demanding top money. Harbaugh doesn't have a list of teams "wanting/needing" him. Harbaugh isn't a cap hit. Harbaugh was a Bisciotti hire.

Flacco thinks he's elite. But he is not. Flacco wants to get paid like an elite QB. But he won't here. Some desperate team like the Cardinals or Chiefs will offer him more money if he's on the market. Flacco's franchise tag will be VERY VERY high (speculation 17mil). Bisciotti and Ozzie aren't totally sold on Flacco.

You do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So it's now just being stated as a fact that Steve fired Cam rather than Harbaugh? The same Harbaugh who got into a public screaming match with him the day before and who took full credit for the firing today?

Tell me guys, who in the castle do you know who's giving such juicy info? Because from where I'm sitting, it looks like you're all pulling it out of your asses.
    This ... To an extent.

I do believe Harbs had seen enough. Hell, there are reports that Harbs was on board and didn't offer any resistance to the decision.

But like any and all coaching decisions in this league, the owner is going to have a say, and rightfully so.

Bisciotti is a business guy and like any successful businesses, you make decisions like this as a partnership. I am sure this decision was made with the proper folks signing off on it -- Harbs, Ozzie and to some extent, Joe.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-11-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries

If you were to ask Steve Bisciotti what the main reason is, as to why the team has been able to win consistently, he would, and has given an answer of Joe Flacco.

He and Harbaugh are safe.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore