@DEN... 20/34... 165 yds...58.8%... 26 long... 0 TD... 3 INT... 34.6 rating
    CAR... 2/4... 4 yds... 50%... 4 long... 0 TD... 1 INT... 16.7 rating

Boller:

CAR... 17/31... 226 yds... 54.8%... 62 long... 3 TD... 1 INT... 97.0 rating

Is there a trend, perhaps?

:T2:

Re: Stat comparison updated, 2006 QBs only

Yeah.

No matter who the QB is we're going to put up the exact same stats passing.

Taking away the one really long lucky TD to Clayton, Boller had an average Ravens day passing.

What I did like to see was him actually moving the ball.

Of the three possessions McNair started, we went punt, INT, punt. Three three-and-outs.

Of the eight Boller started we had four three-and-outs, but one was a fumble and another resulted in a TD.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

[QUOTE=darb72;13810]
    Taking away the one really long lucky TD to Clayton, Boller had an average Ravens day passing.
    What I did like to see was him actually moving the ball.QUOTE]

So basically Boller's first game was about as good as McNair's this year. The difference is we lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    So basically Boller's first game was about as good as McNair's this year. The difference is we lost the game.
    How convienient, yet unsurprising, of you to neglect to mention the difference in quality of opponent and the difference in the Raven's defensive performance.

Just proves the old adage, never let a good fact keep you from slamming Boller.

FHRaven

Your think the OL is bad well here is your proof.

Your think the OL is bad well here is your proof.
    Let's count it up now:

Forced Grbac into retirement.

Boller injured

Wright injured

Boller injured

McNair injured

But I'm betting we're going to hear how our OL is as good as some other team in our division. Well, you'll hear it. I won't have to read it. ;)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Oh yeah, if Boller can manage to get two poorly throw balls tipped
    You lose any credibility you might have had because you are absurd. The first tip in the endzone was a well thrown ball. The defender either made an excellent play or Mason let it bounce of his grill. I won't know until I see better shots of it than I have seen, the first time around I was in the upper deck on the other end of the stadium. BUT...the ball is drilled into Mason and was on target. It was a very well thrown ball.

If you would be reasonable in your analysis you might not get people pounding your reputation.

get a more accurate picture you need to look at Boller's career stats and McNair's. That is a more representative sample.
    That's a load.

Not that I have to, but I will concede that Mcnair used to be a better than average QB for much of his career. Certainly in 1999, when the Titans went to the SB, and in 2000 and 2001, when there were some epic games against the Ravens and the Titans were serious contenders. And in 2003 he shared the MVP award with Peyton Manning. But that was then and this is now. His performance in those years has no bearing on how mediocre he has become. It was obvious to me last season when we played against him that Father Time and multiple injuries had taken their toll. But the degradation since then has accelerated. There is absolutely no relevance between the McNair of 1999 and 2006. Nor is there any relevance to comparing Boller's rookie stats.

What is relevant is how the two compare now: 97 vs. 16.7.

T,

You stick to your guns, and I admire that...but I am going to enjoy watching you eat your words over this McNair noodle-arm non-sense. Remember that first drive of the Giants pre-season game? Mac can make the throws.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Remember that first drive of the Giants pre-season game? Mac can make the throws.
    This is what you are going to use? I remember he dinked and dunked his way down the field and the one time he tried to get deep he underthrew a wide open Mason for an easy TD. Now maybe he just made a poor throw but since he has yet to make that throw my guess is he can't. The best throw he has made was the Mason drop going down the sideline against SD.

You stick to your guns, and I admire that...but I am going to enjoy watching you eat your words over this McNair noodle-arm non-sense.
    I would love to be able to eat all my words and see McNair put together a few games equivalent to Boller's last 4 games, while leading the Ravens to a 13 game winning streak. Our offense really needs a shot in the arm, and if the coaches are going to continue to believe that McNair will turn it around by keeping him as the starter, then hopefully McNair can demonstrate that he can throw the ball downfield for a 60 minute game.

As to the "noodle-arm non-sense", it's obviously a subjective call. I doubt there are speed guns on QBs measuring their output. However, I believe that you'd find that many, probably most, fans and media covering the Ravens have come to this realization - like it or not. Try Google search "McNair arm strength" and enjoy reading!