Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: We will go 8-8.

Re: We will go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You started a 5 page thread about this, and it could have been said in another thread, there was no need to start a thread about it knowing that it was going to stir shit up. There is no way your getting let out of this now.
    I started a one comment thread that turned into a 5 page thread by people. I came back to answer... that is all. If you have a comment pertaining to the thread.... then make it. Otherwise ignore it. If we want to play your game, I could argue that other new threads are redundant when this previous 5 page thread already addressed it.

People called me a troll and said when the Ravens won I wouldn't be back. Well, just showing that I'm here and I was wrong. I didn't ask to get out of it... (Don't know exactly what "it" is)... unless it's the poster from N.C. that I owe lunch to... If that's the case... I'm ready to go get lunch! I suppose he could send someone local in his stead...

Blog Entries

Two more wins to break this crazy prediction lol, I doubt we are going to lose 5 from 6.

Two more wins to break this crazy prediction lol, I doubt we are going to lose 5 from 6.
    We're going to lose 7 in a row just like Skip Bayless has predicted and you know he's right about everything (sarcasm LOL).

Let be known that I DID NOT resurrect this thread before all the Troll Hunters come on to tell me I didn't need to bring this back up when there are 3 new ones just like it. ;)

I admit, I over-bid. When I made this 8-8 prediction, I had us losing against the Browns last week (That didn't happen). Although, on more current pre-game prediction threads I picked the Ravens over the Browns. I did have had us beating the Raiders however. While I doubt it will happen, It isn't out of the realm that we could lose our next 3 if there aren't any unforseen incidents such as Ben or Rivers going down. I don't think anyone can call the San Diego game. Too much weirdness... we are going across the country to play a team that we haven't matched up well with in the past. It also depends what SD/Rivers team shows up. And the Steelers games will be down to the wire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Let be known that I DID NOT resurrect this thread before all the Troll Hunters come on to tell me I didn't need to bring this back up when there are 3 new ones just like it. ;)

I admit, I over-bid. When I made this 8-8 prediction, I had us losing against the Browns last week (That didn't happen). Although, on more current pre-game prediction threads I picked the Ravens over the Browns. I did have had us beating the Raiders however. While I doubt it will happen, It isn't out of the realm that we could lose our next 3 if there aren't any unforseen incidents such as Ben or Rivers going down. I don't think anyone can call the San Diego game. Too much weirdness... we are going across the country to play a team that we haven't matched up well with in the past. It also depends what SD/Rivers team shows up. And the Steelers games will be down to the wire.
    While losing the next 3 games is possible, I can't see it happening going on history. Since Harbaugh has been here, we haven't lost back to back games since 2009, this team find ways to win too easily to lose 3 games on the trot.

While losing the next 3 games is possible, I can't see it happening going on history. Since Harbaugh has been here, we haven't lost back to back games since 2009, this team find ways to win too easily to lose 3 games on the trot.
    I agree.

That being said... I'm so confused.... Most likely I see a 1-2 record over the next 3, but all I'm really hoping for is 2-1. But, it's not entirely unrealistic to see us losing all 3 OR winning all 3. The AFC is so whacked. The Chargers could put up 38 or throw 5 INTs. What Steelers team will we see? The Steelers from the first 4 weeks or the last 4 weeks. Their win against the Giants isn't quite as impressive after watching what the Bengals team did to them.

Funny how a lot of people would downplay our blow-out of the Raiders. Funny, considering that the Steelers (who a lot of people seem to be crowning the champion) lost to them earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Funny how a lot of people would downplay our blow-out of the Raiders. Funny, considering that the Steelers (who a lot of people seem to be crowning the champion) lost to them earlier in the year.
    I did not downplay our blowout. But THIS Raiders team was not the Raiders team the beat the Steelers. No McFadden, No Goodson, No Seymour. I'm not saying injures aren't part of the game... But if all things aren't equal, then you can't say the are.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Unfortunately, football doesn't follow the (otherwise logical) pattern you're describing. Any team can beat any team on any given Sunday--a game can come down to something like a flukey lost fumble or a last-minute luck play. Just because we beat the Raiders and the Raiders beat the Steelers in no way shape or form means we'll beat the Steelers.

In fact, just because the Raiders beat the Steelers, it doesn't even make the Raiders the better team. Maybe if the NFL played 100 games we'd have a much better picture of who the best teams really are, because the larger number of games would minimize the impact of luck. But we don't, we only have 16. Doesn't mean the Raiders win doesn't mean ANYTHING, but it's more complicated than you make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I did not downplay our blowout. But THIS Raiders team was not the Raiders team the beat the Steelers. No McFadden, No Goodson, No Seymour. I'm not saying injures aren't part of the game... But if all things aren't equal, then you can't say the are.
    No Ngata, No Mcphee, No Webb. All teams this time of year have injuries accross the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    No Ngata, No Mcphee, No Webb. All teams this time of year have injuries accross the NFL.
    No Ray either. It was a big win and that's that

Yeah, it's kind of funny how it seems to work. When we don't blow out an inferior opponent (like winning by 10 in Cleveland), many will complain that we should have beaten them by more.

Then, when we actually do that, many then want to downplay it because it's an inferior opponent!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap