Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Why would a teammate blow the whistle before the end of the season? Could only hurt the team before the Nat'l championship game. It was certainly a big part of Te'o's Hesiman chances, which in turn is a big part of why they were included in the Nat'l championship.
    IT was a former player, per the ESPN tweet, not a current player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    WOW. A practiced and skillful deceiver???? I like how you have decided what this kid is without so much as ever having talked to him or without access to information that is surely at this point not public. Worst case scenario Manti is guilty of lying in all likelihood in order to save himself the embarrassment of admitting he was had. That is more about pride than deceit. Their is ZERO evidence other than your supposed ability to identify those who are deceitful to support the idea he was in on this from the get go. Sorry think I think that is just a little self righteous and statements like that reek of having a bone to grind with the kid or ND. I personally hate ND, I think the kid is guilty of poor judgement and likely lying to try and save himself embarrassment. Let me guess since your such a moral and upstanding person you have NEVER lied to protect your ego, protect yourself from embarrassment etc.... of course not.

What does ND have to gain by protecting Teo? If anything they have more to lose by lying to protect him. Teo is not accused of molesting children, in fact there is nothing even remotely criminal about any of this at this point. Comparing the two situations even if in passing is tantamount to exploitation in order to further your agenda and is disrespectful to both Teo and frankly to the poor kids who REALLY WERE VICTIMS.
    I don't see an issue with those words you bolded. At the VERY LEAST, if you take Te'o at his word(hard to do considering where I'm going) then for the better part of 3 years he lied to his friends, family members, teammates, and the national media on several occasions.
    ON TV they've been showing interviews where he describes looking into her eyes, saying she was the most beautiful person he'd ever met, etc. Quotes from his parents talking about her visiting hawaii... He obviously never was in the same place at the same time as this "girl" and ye there are plenty of quotes to oppose that.

He is certainly a practiced and skillful deceiver. Even if he were duped on some level and not completely behind the whole thing, he was deceitful to many, many people.

Blog Entries

I don't see an issue with those words you bolded. At the VERY LEAST, if you take Te'o at his word(hard to do considering where I'm going) then for the better part of 3 years he lied to his friends, family members, teammates, and the national media on several occasions.
    ON TV they've been showing interviews where he describes looking into her eyes, saying she was the most beautiful person he'd ever met, etc. Quotes from his parents talking about her visiting hawaii... He obviously never was in the same place at the same time as this "girl" and ye there are plenty of quotes to oppose that.

He is certainly a practiced and skillful deceiver. Even if he were duped on some level and not completely behind the whole thing, he was deceitful to many, many people.
    Jonboy. don't you think before you pass that judgement you should hear an explanation?

I ask because, he told the ND AD the "we met" and the ND Ad said "wait what do you mean we met" T'eo said "yeah, we met online" (that is the Ad's account anyway).

When he says he starred into her eyes, is it possible he meant the pictures he had over her?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    IT was a former player, per the ESPN tweet, not a current player.
    you are right, misread that in my quickness... subtle be important distinction there.

I freely admit I'm quick to rush to judgement with what I'm about to say, but I think my first reaction is correct. I think Te'o is gay, and this story was a cover-up. I think he was afraid to tell the truth to eiter his teammates or his parents. If I were a reporter I would NOT report anything to this effect, but it's jsut a hunch I have. It certainly is an explanation that is feasible and would solve many of the problems we are discussing. IUt would explainthe extent he went to keep this going, etc. It would be irresponsible to suggest this if I were not some anonymous shmuck on a very unrelated web forum.

Jonboy. don't you think before you pass that judgement you should hear an explanation?

I ask because, he told the ND AD the "we met" and the ND Ad said "wait what do you mean we met" T'eo said "yeah, we met online" (that is the Ad's account anyway).

When he says he starred into her eyes, is it possible he meant the pictures he had over her?
    The most beautiful woman he ever met, not jsut her physical beauty, but inside her, etc... SURE, I can buy that not necissarily meaning met in real life.

Staring into someone's eyes, is not something I associate with pictures... that' a face to face thing to me. Is it "POSSIBLE" that's how he meant it? I guess.

They "met" supposedly at a game at Stanford? Any other way to take that? His parents knew she came to Hawaii and they spent time together there? Not sure how else to take that. Perhaps he went to go party with his boys and wanted to make his parents continue to believe he met his future wife...

Yes, I would liek to hear an HONEST account from his perspective, not sure we ever will.

Too much smoke for me. I think he was involved. The more I hear, see, and think, the more strongly I feel that way.

Blog Entries

The most beautiful woman he ever met, not jsut her physical beauty, but inside her, etc... SURE, I can buy that not necissarily meaning met in real life.

Staring into someone's eyes, is not something I associate with pictures... that' a face to face thing to me. Is it "POSSIBLE" that's how he meant it? I guess.

They "met" supposedly at a game at Stanford? Any other way to take that? His parents knew she came to Hawaii and they spent time together there? Not sure how else to take that. Perhaps he went to go party with his boys and wanted to make his parents continue to believe he met his future wife...

Yes, I would liek to hear an HONEST account from his perspective, not sure we ever will.

Too much smoke for me. I think he was involved. The more I hear, see, and think, the more strongly I feel that way.
    Yeah, the met after the Stanford game is the one that sticks out to me. I wonder if that is what he said then or what he told people after "being together"...

I think it could be a coverup he is gay, I think it's more likely he's virgin was desperate for a relationship that didn't have the pressure of pending sex, got duped and made a few white lies not knowing what was really going on. Who knows if the full truth comes out though.

I think it could be a coverup he is gay, I think it's more likely he's virgin was desperate for a relationship that didn't have the pressure of pending sex, got duped and made a few white lies not knowing what was really going on. Who knows if the full truth comes out though.
    This is the most likely explanation.

What bothers me is if someone was just trying to scam him...Scam him to what end? Money, favors, gifts? There doesn't seem to be any clear indication of any potential gain from a scammer's prespective. Unless that person is just sick and gets their jollies off by doing stuff like this.

I lean to him being involved because I can see I can see how he gained from having his "girlfriend" die tragically. National level exposure, 2nd in Heisman voting (a defensive player mind you), potential 1st round draft choice, etc.

All in all a very strange story.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Yeah, the met after the Stanford game is the one that sticks out to me. I wonder if that is what he said then or what he told people after "being together"...

Another plausible explanation of why he could be involved...
    The long-distance GF thing sut screams of me as something one would say to get the boys off his back for not scoring with chicks at parties.

Blog Entries

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...re-suspicious/

Apparently he's an attention whore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...re-suspicious/

Apparently he's an attention whore.
    Is this the expansion of the tweet you posted?

Blog Entries

Is this the expansion of the tweet you posted?
    Looks like it. I just saw it on PFT, so I posted it.

I talked to a former Notre Dame teammate of Te'o's today, who told me that most players always thought that this wasn't really Te'o's girlfriend," Holtzman reported. "And that they always suspected that this didn't really add up with the story. (The teammate) also told me that Te'o loved the attention and that even though the story may not have been what it seemed to be, that he was more than happy to play along with it." Holtzman's report would seem to support the notion that Te'o was complicit at least with the furtherance of the deceased-girlfriend story.

lovefootball

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Haven't read this post at all, but I wonder if one of these two thoughts might be true. One,Te'o is gay and used this gimmick to cover him and win over others. Two, he saw the scene in Animal House where they go to a sorority house after reading the girl had died in the obituarie, knowing other girls would go out with them to help the guys over come the news.
    This story is crazy and if it is fraud, what can the authorities do about it. Hell, the bengals or pats will draft this guy, they have a habit of bringing players on their teams that have bad images. Te'o is sure getting a lot of headlines this week, isn't some teams playing for division titles this week?
    THese were my thoughts, sounds like one or both is the reason behind his story of a girlfriend dying.