Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

At tthe quarter pole the Texans are the team to beat

this team is very young yet very experienced. wade phillips was a terrible head coach but a very good DC. People look at the margins that the texans have been winning by and say it is the competition. it is difficult to blow out any team out in the NFL.

they lost mario williams and demco ryans and still haven't missed a beat. barring injury this looks like the team to beat in the AFC this year.

the ravens have not lost to the texans in thier history. the game in houston before our bye week will be a great measuring stick for our season.

Re: At tthe quarter pole the Texans are the team to beat

It will be a measuring stick for both. Most are feeling that the Texans are the best in the AFC, with a few I've seen(Keyshawn for one) feel that the Ravens are the best. It's true though that the Texans haven't really beaten anyone yet, so it's hard to get a good read on them. IMO they are the most complete team.

Blog Entries

The only team they beat was Denver. And 2 division opponents, neither as impressive as we did with our division opponents who are arguably superior Cinnci compared to Tenn and Cleve to Jax. Than Miami,lol. Of course you're going to have the number 1 ranked D playing those teams. And now they get the hapless Jets. Lets see how they make it through the next stretch, GB, Us, Buffalo, and Chicago.

Blog Entries

The Texans are one of the only teams in the NFL playing good defense and running the ball.

Blog Entries

It is not easy to go up to Denver and take it to the Broncos the way that Houston did. So, I cannot completely say that their strong start has been due to weak competition. Their game versus the Ravens, however, could essentially determine who will get the # 1 seed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    The only team they beat was Denver. And 2 division opponents, neither as impressive as we did with our division opponents who are arguably superior Cinnci compared to Tenn and Cleve to Jax. Than Miami,lol. Of course you're going to have the number 1 ranked D playing those teams. And now they get the hapless Jets. Lets see how they make it through the next stretch, GB, Us, Buffalo, and Chicago.
    Sounds like you're pretty confident in our chances of pulling out a victory in Houston? I think this will be one of our losses unfortunately.

It's too early in the season to tell how any of this really shakes out. Texans look the most complete, Pats look scary when their offense is on point (seriously, 52 points against Buffalo?), and the Steelers can always manage to pull it together.

Being honest, we were helped greatly by the refs in the game against the Pats. That game could have easily gone either way.

And I'm scared how Houston matches up against us. Their pass rush and run game is going give us a hell of a headache. Plus we play them in Houston, if I'm not mistaken.

Blog Entries

Not saying that it is a gimmie, but for years the Steelers and the Pats seemed to own us. Win games we clearly had them beat. We seem to be the Texan's kryptonite. No matter how they seem to be winning, they end up losing to us. Hope they don't buck the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Being honest, we were helped greatly by the refs in the game against the Pats.
    Yeah, I don't agree with that. We got 14 penalties to their 10. Both teams were hurt/helped in that game, and if anything the Ravens got the worst of it. I know people try to point out the two "phantom" defensive holding penalties, but I have repeatedly pointed out that on the one that involved Torrey Smith, the hold came earlier in the play when McCourty grabs Torrey's face mask. The announcers seemed to miss that. The other, where Pitta was held, yeah, maybe it couldn't have been called, but it was definitely a case of holding, Spikes had Pitta's jersey in his hands. Those were not bad calls.

The Texans pass rush specifically J.J. Watt, really worry me. Especially with this new offensive line we have. I have a bad feeling Joe could get hurt. I watch the Texans almost as much as the Ravens here in Houston, and that D isn't messing around. Cam better bring his smart playbook for that game cause Joe's not going to have much time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The Texans pass rush specifically J.J. Watt, really worry me. Especially with this new offensive line we have. I have a bad feeling Joe could get hurt. I watch the Texans almost as much as the Ravens here in Houston, and that D isn't messing around. Cam better bring his smart playbook for that game cause Joe's not going to have much time.
    I can't believe how good JJ Watt is. We all knew the Ravens had no shot at drafting him but he was still very high on everyones list. Usually guys with that much hype don't live up to it. Watt exceeds it. He can rush inside and take the edge. Not too many able to do both like that. Watt is going to maul Birk unless they come up with a plan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Pees more than Cam better as well; we've seen how the lack of creative D playcalling has made average QB's look good. Schaub scares me agaisnt the Pees D, and even this week giving Cassel time combined with that crowd noise could make for a long day in KC, and even longer vs. Texas.
    Last edited by DonNMass; 10-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.