Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Re: Jason Brown

Okay. Good points. However now with Josh McDaniels gone why is there talk of Jason Brown still being released? Has his play declined that much that the Rams won't give Brown a second chance?

IF J Brown is 85% of what he was, and IF he comes rea$onable, then %!$@#! YES. Otherwise, I say look long and hard at retaining Gurode -- again, IF he passes the performance and $ IFs. In a very worst case scenario, our O line is a disaster next season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Okay. Good points. However now with Josh McDaniels gone why is there talk of Jason Brown still being released? Has his play declined that much that the Rams won't give Brown a second chance?
    They're looking at dumping Harvey Dahl and Jason Smith too. Smith was their 1st round pick and while he hasn't lived up to his top overall pick he's not been garbage. They just signed Dahl last year.

Jeff Fisher wants his own guys. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them sign Jake Scott, Cortland Finnegan, and Jason Jones and any other Titans left over from Fisher's time there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Honetly, this is my ideal situation. It really is.

Bring him back on a 5 year deal and then gun for someone like Kevin Zeitler or Cordy Glenn in the draft. Boom. Interior OL set for half a decade and still allows you to keep Rice.
    IF we were to do this, I would be completely fine. However, if we start Gurode at C and draft a LG in the 2nd or 3rd round; letting Grubbs go would be a mistake.

Blog Entries

The Rams only save $600K by cutting him so if they do so, that is telling.

Is he really an improvement over Gurode at center? I'm not sure I buy that one

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Brown was a beat while here. Id like to think coming back to winning team with a great structure would bring back the old brown. Only thing that worries me is this isnt 4 years ago. Our line scheme is different. Hopefully he could pick it up quick. What would be the market for him as were all just assuming hed jump at coming back?
    -JAB

everything ive heard suggest he has lost alot. Theres been talk the Rams cutting him for two years now and that he just isnt the player they thought they signed. There NO CHANCE id give him a 5 year deal and quite frankly he would come cheap this summer. though id have no problem bringing hm in to compete for the starting job and see what happens

Blog Entries

F em. He chose to go for a lot of money and losing vs good money and winning. As it was stated he may not even be an upgrade from Gurode .
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    First, this reportedly isn't true...what I've seen indicates that Brown saves $2.8MM if cut.

Second, I love how people are really quick to spend other peoples' money. Brown will make $5MM next year. If he's not the starter, it's stupid for a team to pay an interior lineman $5MM.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    F em. He chose to go for a lot of money and losing vs good money and winning. As it was stated he may not even be an upgrade from Gurode .
    Ha, there is definitely that mentality about him. He left and didn't have to.

I just don't think Gurode is all that great anymore. He'll be 33 in a month, he's not very athletic and it really showed when he lined up at guard in place of Grubbs.

I'd be cool with Gurode coming back as a back up who will be given the opportunity to compete with someone else for the starting gig, but I still don't really understand how so many folks think he's the best option. What did he do this past season to make anyone think he could start here? It also would be delaying the inevitable with finding a long term solution at center. Why pay for a 33 year old guy who may only give 1 or 2 decent years when they could sign someone younger (doesn't have to be Jason Brown necessarily) and then address the LG spot with the draft? Cordy Glenn, Kelechi Osemele, Kevin Zeitler, Brandon Washington....more than likely any of those guys will be available to Baltimore and at least 2 of them could start right away at LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Is he really an improvement over Gurode at center? I'm not sure I buy that one
    cap wise maybe, but no way is he only scheduled to make 600k in base pay.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    First, this reportedly isn't true...what I've seen indicates that Brown saves $2.8MM if cut.

Second, I love how people are really quick to spend other peoples' money. Brown will make $5MM next year. If he's not the starter, it's stupid for a team to pay an interior lineman $5MM.

- C -
    He's not Fisher's guy and there is reason to think that Jeff Fisher is going to really scrap a lot of that team within the next 2 seasons.