Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ayanbadejo takes exit physical

According to his twitter post.

Looks like he's next to be cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ayanbadejo takes exit physical

Not surprised, thought he might've retired what with age, SB champ and his best buddy Ray retiring.

You know what?

If Leach goes... our oldest player on contract is...

Sam Koch. He'll be 31 in August. 2 months older than Terrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    According to his twitter post.

Looks like he's next to be cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good riddance...

Blog Entries

I knew BA and Bobbie would be the first few to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Good riddance...
    ?

BA contributed a Lot to this team over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Isn't an exit physical given every year though at the end of the season?

This could be SOP.

Blog Entries

If you can get someone to pay you six figures to play the game that you love, wouldn't it be difficult for you to step away? You are already playing the game that you love. Now, even after taxes, you are making out with six figures to play it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There is very little cap savings in cutting Ayanbadejo, so I'm not sure why the move to cut him would be made. Ayanbadejo has been such a reliable backup for a while now. It seems every year, at some point, we have to turn to him for passing down snaps at MLB because of injuries ahead of him.

If you want to get younger, I get it, but why not bring him in to camp and then cut him if he's not one of your top 53 guys?

Ayanbadejo has a base salary of $955k for next year. If you cut him and replace him with a guy making $480k, that's a savings of $475k. However, he also carries a dead money total of $267k. So cutting him essentially saves $208k. That's so insignificant that it's not even worth doing.

I read a ravor post at one point that we could cut him, and then re-sign him under some vet exception for the same dollar ammount and till get nearly a half million in cap savings.

Blog Entries

It was becoming clear that special teams was becoming an issue. They need some new pieces.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Yes, he botched a couple ST plays this season...

go back and watch Jacoby's SB return. BA had a HUGE hold on that return, combining with AA. They literally picked up and carried a guy down the field.

Dude can be my Super Bowl champ anytime. Plus, his kid needs heart surgery at the end of this month, could be a very rough deal.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

BA was brought here as a ST ace & for the most part has lived up to his billing. He came here because he wanted a chance to play some LB & as a passing-down cover guy has played decently.

But once he's lost a step, his value in either role drops off a cliff. And he ain't getting no younger.

If the team believes he's lost that step (& the two TD returns at Denver are suggestive) then it's sayonara time--cap savings are immaterial.