Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Fox News-ing your comment. Cute. Way to henge your bet, "unless something changes". Sounds like Skip Bayless picking games... Team A "should" win.

Oh now its the Bengals will be better than us in a year or two... thats just too easy.

I'm not disregarding the Bengals ability to build a franchise. Given their history in building their franchise, I'll become afraid of them if/when they become a threat.

As for us not dominating the division until the great Carson Palmer left...correct me if I'm wrong but the Carson led Bengals won the division twice and NEVER won a playoff game. On the same note Andy Dalton is already 0-1 in the playoffs. Also from '03 to '10 (while Carson as still a Bengal) the Ravens had 1 division title and won 4 playoff games. Doesn't seem like the Carson led Bengals were a huge huddle. The division, since the 2002 realignment has, for the most part, belonged to the Steelers.
    The other part of this is that Andy Dalton is 0W and 6L against the Steelers and the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The other part of this is that Andy Dalton is 0W and 6L against the Steelers and the Ravens.
    Good point.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Fox News-ing your comment. Cute. Way to henge your bet, "unless something changes". Sounds like Skip Bayless picking games... Team A "should" win.

Oh now its the Bengals will be better than us in a year or two... thats just too easy.

I'm not disregarding the Bengals ability to build a franchise. Given their history in building their franchise, I'll become afraid of them if/when they become a threat.

As for us not dominating the division until the great Carson Palmer left...correct me if I'm wrong but the Carson led Bengals won the division twice and NEVER won a playoff game. On the same note Andy Dalton is already 0-1 in the playoffs. Also from '03 to '10 (while Carson as still a Bengal) the Ravens had 1 division title and won 4 playoff games. Doesn't seem like the Carson led Bengals were a huge huddle. The division, since the 2002 realignment has, for the most part, belonged to the Steelers.
    Wtf are you talking about? I clearly commented earlier in this thread, that we will be chasing the bengals UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGES. What is so hard to get about that? And Im clearly talking about Cam Cameron when I said "something," if you read anything I said.

Why are you so concerned with the past? What does their previous inability to build a franchise have anything to do with now? I literally just threw like 10 pro-bowl caliber names at you that they have on their team. That is now. Not back in the day, but now. They are also very young players. Theyve found their new red rocket and they also have found one of the best receivers since Randy Moss. They have a DPOY candidate in Geno Atkins and 2 very good LBS, Vontaze and Maualuga.

How can you even argue that we werent dominating the division until Ben started getting conveniently hurt around ravens games and Carson left cinci? Carson hurt his knee very early in the game against pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Carson Palmer vs Ravens(Harbera)
    08 - Lost first game of season, we would sweep them this year, carson was hurt for the 2nd game.(0/1)
    09 - Swept the ravens(2/2)
    10 - Split games with the ravens(1/2)

Ben vs Ravens(Harbera)
    08 - Beat us all 3 times(3/3)
    09 - Beat us in the only game he played us that year(1/1)
    10 - Beat us at home and in the playoffs, he was hurt for the ravens@steelers(2/2)
    11 - We swept them this year(0/2) sidenote: This was a very good ravens team.
    12 - *Most likely wont play us this year, thus we will hopefully get the sweep.

I am not talking about whether or not the bengals won the division. I could give two shits about that. I pointed out that ONLY SINCE Carson Palmer left the bengals and Ben Roethlisberger started getting hurt for ravens games, have we begun dominating the division.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    So, you're telling me that Cam Cameron, who most Ravens fans think is an authoritarian, control freak, who is stunting Joe Flacco's growth as a QB and won't let him audible, is actually letting Flacco call the plays in the no huddle?

OK, well, you can believe what you want to believe, but I'm sorry, whatever you think you are seeing or whatever you think it means, isn't the case. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but rarely in the NFL are QBs allowed to make their own calls. Ask anyone in the know. Ask Tony. Ask Aaron Wilson. Ask Vinny Cerrato. Email someone at ESPN. This isn't the 50s and 60s any longer.
    Maybe you should tell Cam this isnt the 60's anymore and to take his 1960s offense and shove it up his ass

Facts are facts. He does hold his QBs back. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers(albeit, he had 1 year with him), both didnt start taking off until Cam was out of their career. Coincidentally, all 3 of them including Joe Flacco have pretty much the same average stat lines for every year they were with Cam.

And please, stop quoting me bringing up the no-huddle. I was using it as an example because the play calling in the no huddle and huddle are a night and day difference. That was my point. Look at the freaking plays we run. Look at the way we use the middle of the field. The way we use slants, everything. If joe is not calling the plays in the no huddle(and dont be so simple minded, I dont mean he has his own playbook) then why is the only time our offense moves, is when it is in the no huddle? Why is that the only time we see any resemblance of good play calling? Why do we see a little bit of creativeness? Why is that not all game?
    Last edited by landspeed; 11-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? I clearly commented earlier in this thread, that we will be chasing the bengals UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGES. What is so hard to get about that? And Im clearly talking about Cam Cameron when I said "something," if you read anything I said.

Why are you so concerned with the past? What does their previous inability to build a franchise have anything to do with now? I literally just threw like 10 pro-bowl caliber names at you that they have on their team. That is now. Not back in the day, but now. They are also very young players. Theyve found their new red rocket and they also have found one of the best receivers since Randy Moss. They have a DPOY candidate in Geno Atkins and 2 very good LBS, Vontaze and Maualuga.

How can you even argue that we werent dominating the division until Ben started getting conveniently hurt around ravens games and Carson left cinci? Carson hurt his knee very early in the game against pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Carson Palmer vs Ravens(Harbera)
    08 - Lost first game of season, we would sweep them this year, carson was hurt for the 2nd game.(0/1)
    09 - Swept the ravens(2/2)
    10 - Split games with the ravens(1/2)

Ben vs Ravens(Harbera)
    08 - Beat us all 3 times(3/3)
    09 - Beat us in the only game he played us that year(1/1)
    10 - Beat us at home and in the playoffs, he was hurt for the ravens@steelers(2/2)
    11 - We swept them this year(0/2) sidenote: This was a very good ravens team.
    12 - *Most likely wont play us this year, thus we will hopefully get the sweep.

I am not talking about whether or not the bengals won the division. I could give two shits about that. I pointed out that ONLY SINCE Carson Palmer left the bengals and Ben Roethlisberger started getting hurt for ravens games, have we begun dominating the division.
    Whats the point in making such a bold prediction and then henging it by saying, unless something changes.

We can play that game all day and night.

Unless something changes...this will be the last season the Ravens makes the playoffs.

Unless something changes...the Bengals will win 5 straight division titles

Unless something changes...the Cleveland Browns will continue to be...the Cleveland Browns

Unless something changes...I will drink a pint of German beer everday for the next 3 years

If your entire point was simply the Ravens need to move on from Cam, you should've simply stated that from the beginning. Rather than claiming the Bengals will be the tits McGee of the AFC North.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Maybe you should tell Cam this isnt the 60's anymore and to take his 1960s offense and shove it up his ass
    I've got no problem with that opinion. As I said earlier in the thread, I wanted him gone 2 years ago.

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that Flacco doesn't call his own plays (which was the point of my post).

And please, stop quoting me bringing up the no-huddle.
    The above wasn't posted in response to you.

I'll respond to what others post as I see fit.

If joe is not calling the plays in the no huddle(and dont be so simple minded, I dont mean he has his own playbook) then why is the only time our offense moves, is when it is in the no huddle?
    Because all coaches call different plays in different situations based on the gameplan and the ebb and flow of the game. Even at home, we don't run exclusively no huddle, but still score in bunches, so you've totally missed the mark right there.

Oh, and I never said anything close to Joe having his own playbook, not sure where you pulled that fantasy from?!? :grbac
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Whats the point in making such a bold prediction and then henging it by saying, unless something changes.

Unless something changes...this will be the last season the Ravens makes the playoffs.

Unless something changes...the Cleveland Browns will continue to be...the Cleveland Browns

Unless something changes...I will drink a pint of German beer everday for the next 3 years

If your entire point was simply the Ravens need to move on from Cam, you should've simply stated that from the beginning. Rather than claiming the Bengals will be the tits McGee of the AFC North.
    Unless something changes, we will always be in the running for the division crown.

Unless something changes, the Bengals will always be 3 games behind us.

Unless something changes, we will always be a playoff team winning playoff games.

So exactly who has to change here, us it the Bengals?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

But, this will never happen. We have been pleading for this for 3 years now. How does our FO respond? By signing Cam Cameron to another year. Another year of wasted talent and horrible play calling
    Literally my first post in this thread ended with that.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that when Joe is in the no-huddle, our offense moves pretty consistently. The playcalling is a night and day difference. We use the middle of the field, we use slants, we use crossing patterns.... indisputable.

If Cam is calling the shots during the no-huddle, I would like an explanation as to why we dont see that playcalling throughout the entire game.

I would just like to point out that Andy Dalton has over 20 touchdowns this year. Joe is barely on pace to break 20 touchdowns for the YEAR. That is just pathetic. Our offense is pathetic. Its anemic. Joe is in his 5th year in the league and he is struggling this year to throw for 20 touchdowns. THAT IS PATHETIC and in no way will give us a win in the playoffs.

Is this cams fault? Is this Joes fault? Harbs?

To me, it seems that our inept playcalling for the first 50 minutes of most games causes our offensive issues. There are quite a few professionals who agree with me. Actually, I dont think I have ever seen one person successfully defend Cam. Why? Because you cant. Hes terrible. His philosophy is terrible and something out of the '60s.

If we dont straighten this shit out, we will end up chasing the bengals for years to come. Andy Dalton is already arguably better than Joe(although I fully believe with a different coordinator NOT NAMED NORV TURNER, he will become a true top ~7 QB).

So do I know for sure that Joe is calling the shots in the no-huddle? Absolutely not, however context clues point towards yes.
    And here is the 2nd comment I made in this thread. All of your concerns were already answered. I dont know if I could spell it out any better that when I said "if we dont straighten this shit out" I was talking about getting rid of Cam. I have always been by that. Well, not always. I used to think it was Joe, then I started paying attention to the playcalling and the route running. It doesnt seem like our receivers are taught to improvise once their route is covered. We dont use the middle of the field and we have like 4 main passing plays(go route, comeback, out and play action) that are all the same. It also doesnt seem like our receivers know how to beat press coverage.

It is not "bold" of me to say that the bengals will start winning the division. Look at their roster. They have tons and tons of young pro-bowl talent that is going to catch up to us. Add on top of that, you have Andy Dalton out-playing Joe in just his second year(the reason I brought that up) and it also looks like theyre starting to put shit together.

They put more trust in their 2nd year QB, than we do in our 5th year QB.
    Last edited by landspeed; 11-28-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Blog Entries

what is "henging" ?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    what is "henging" ?
    I think I was going for henge bet? Yeah its 3:30 am here and I'm little a drunk. ;)

I think I was going for henge bet? Yeah its 3:30 am here and I'm little a drunk. ;)
    Hedge bet or hedging not henge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Hedge bet or hedging not henge.
    Thank you!! As I said its late and I'm drunk.