Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Do you or anyone else know how serious the coaches take this test?
    For example do they give the player a hard time for failing?
    I'm just trying to see where we as fans rank its importance compared to coaches...
    I think we tend to pay a lot of attention to it because there's nothing else being reported then injuries.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Not speaking for the coaches here, but for me I pay little attention to it at this point of the year, especially with a veteran like Jones. It seems that this happens every year to at least one player.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

The thing about the conditioning test that many don't get is that plenty of guys will fail it not due to poor conditioning, but rather because they pace themselves poorly in the beginning and then rather than risk injury by gutting it out, will simply wait to do it later.

Does anyone who's looked at Jones lately really want to try and tell me he's not in phenomenal shape? Dude is cut with barely any body fat. He'll take it again at the first available chance and breeze through it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

iggyman555 Guest

why would he take the test if he is injured?

i wish they still hd the scrimmages with the skins. those were good exhibitions.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Not speaking for the coaches here, but for me I pay little attention to it at this point of the year, especially with a veteran like Jones. It seems that this happens every year to at least one player.
    Fair enough. And every year I'm mad at that 1 or 2 players. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    why would he take the test if he is injured?
    Time context.

We didn't know why he was placed on the NFI when that was speculated. Now we know.

Blog Entries

I'm not concerned....wasn't it Ngata last year who tweaked something when attempting to take his test and passed it 2nd try?

I'm betting he just stumbled during it and will be off by tomorrow.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Here's a segment w/ Gerry Sandusky doing the conditioning test a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf-CzDwm1Tk

Basically, you have to be in pretty darn good cardio shape, otherwise you pass or fail at the coaches' discretion (There's no way some of the bigger guys on the squad ever make it thru all 6 runs).

Nothing to see here, unless he fails on his 2nd try. Then it could be an issue, or Harbaugh could just be trying to make a point. But I doubt it comes to that.

Blog Entries

He probably stopped in the middle of it and did one of those TD dances of his. Figured he would get one last one in, since Thompson's going to be the one in the endzone this year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He probably stopped in the middle of it and did one of those TD dances of his. Figured he would get one last one in, since Thompson's going to be the one in the endzone this year.
    :grbac:

Your hatred of Jones and love of Randy Moss are two things that I don't think anyone on this board understands.

I'm not concerned about Jones' health. It's his head, his focus and his motivation that concern me.
    He's been down the "maybe he doesn't take football seriously" road before at HOU.
    I hope that this is just an unrelated occurrence and not a precursor.

I'm gonna leave it alone as is.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Failing a conditioning test when you're paid to be an athlete? Really?
    fixed that for you.
    -JAB