Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Conservative Nihilism

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You don't see the media as misrepresenting things on this story?
    no.

do you see it as acceptable for a grown man to chase down a teenager and after possibly a scuffle to kill him? for no apparent reason to begin with?

So you go right to your conservative nihilism and blame the media. I never knew posting the original post would be so well-supported by all three of you so easily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    no.
    Of course you wouldn't.

do you see it as acceptable for a grown man to chase down a teenager and after possibly a scuffle to kill him? for no apparent reason to begin with?
    Whether I find that acceptable or not is completely irrelevant to the point of me questioning the media. But if that is all you believe happened than it does point out how pathetic the media is.

So you go right to your conservative nihilism and blame the media. I never knew posting the original post would be so well-supported by all three of you so easily.
    I'll give you credit for setting up the thread so that you can say any explanation or attempt to define a position can be countered by.. "See I told you so". But as Sirdowski said, what's the point of the thread if you're not actually going to discuss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    "Whenever I read liberals reporting about the goings-on of conservatives I always get the nature-documentary vibe. A liberal reporter puts on his or her Dian Fossey hat in order to attempt to write another installment of Conservatives in the Mist. I’ve followed this particular brand of reporting for years, it’s almost a fetish of mine. Most attempts fail. Of these lesser varieties, there’s fear (“Troglodytes!” ), mockery (“Irrelevant troglodytes!” ), condescension (“I had to explain to them they’re troglodytes.” ), bewilderment (“Why don’t they understand they’re troglodytes?” ), astonishment (Dear God, they’re not all troglodytes!” ), and a few combinations of all the above."

— Jonah Goldberg
    Ha. Well done, Sir!

From the DSM-IV ....

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Symptoms

The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder revolve around a pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and sense of entitlement. Often individuals feel overly important and will exaggerate achievements and will accept, and often demand, praise and admiration despite worthy achievements. They may be overwhelmed with fantasies involving unlimited success, power, love, or beauty and feel that they can only be understood by others who are, like them, superior in some aspect of life.

There is a sense of entitlement, of being more deserving than others based solely on their superiority. These symptoms, however, are a result of an underlying sense of inferiority and are often seen as overcompensation. Because of this, they are often envious and even angry of others who have more, receive more respect or attention, or otherwise steal away the spotlight.
    Sounds familiar .....

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    no.

"I never knew how right I was would be so well supported by how right I was." I love it.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

"I never knew how right I was would be so well supported by how right I was." I love it.

Love is blissful.