Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Media Crowning Patriots Again

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The yearly giving out of the Lombardi in December to NE is here. Just a sample:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...bowl-favorites

This has been going on every year for nearly a decade now and NE always loses in the playoffs. These guys still haven't learned that the Patriots are always one bad game by Brady from disaster.
    Are you serious right now?

The Patiots have been to 5 superbowls over the past 10 years and won 3.

Seems like jealousy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Yeah, but are most of those completions where he threw the ball 20+ yards in the air, or are they due to YAC? The Patriots offense incorporates so much motion, that they set their receivers up to gain a lot of yardage after the catch.
    True. And I am trying to find the stat now.

But it's still nit picking for something to hang on Brady. Does it really matter if he getting it through the air or via YAC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    True. And I am trying to find the stat now.

But it's still nit picking for something to hang on Brady. Does it really matter if he getting it through the air or via YAC?
    yea it does because it doesn't mean he went deep on those completions of 20+ yards, the deep ball is a staple of that system.

Blog Entries

if the media is crowning them, its because they looked dominant against what was thought to be the leagues most dominant team. Rightfully so if you ask me. Since we played them id say theyve improved across the board most notable that young defense is starting to make plays.
    -JAB

Patriots are a very good team, no doubt. Belichick and Brady are out of this world.

But I bet you the last team they want to see in the playoffs is us. The last time they beat us by a score or more was 2004. The rest have been close games sans 2009 which they've just pipped us - usually because some dolt on the Ravens drops the damn ball (Literally: Evans, Clayton; Figuratively: Ryan).

I'd relish the Ravens playing NE in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Are you serious right now?

The Patiots have been to 5 superbowls over the past 10 years and won 3.

Seems like jealousy to me.
    Yes, I'm serious. The last time NE won the SB was after the 2004 season, at the height of "spygate." After they took that away, how many SBs have they won? ZERO. Do not believe the hype.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if the media is crowning them, its because they looked dominant against what was thought to be the leagues most dominant team. Rightfully so if you ask me. Since we played them id say theyve improved across the board most notable that young defense is starting to make plays.
    Houston hasn't looked dominant in a while, they have been squeaking wins out. The media are crowning the Patriots again because they are from a big market and Brady sells. That's the real reason they have been crowning them for the last eight years before someone else takes away the real Lombardi. Watch them lose again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Houston hasn't looked dominant in a while, especially away. The media are crowning them again because they are from a big market and Brady sells. That's the real reason they have been crowning them for the last eight years before someone else takes away the real Lombardi. I can't wait for them to lose again this year.
    So you think Houston's (#1 seed) a fraud and the Pat's (#2 seed) are just media hyped and overrated...Who do you like in the AFC?

Here are some stats on the Pats offense this year courtesy of Mr. Easterbrook at ESPN:

"In 2007, the Patriots set the NFL's single-season scoring record, averaging 37 points per game. This year's New England offense is nearly as good, averaging 36 points per game. By some measures this year's Patriots are superior -- plus-24 for turnovers versus plus-16 in 2007, 28 first downs per game versus 25 per in 2007. The 2007 New England offense featured quick-strike deep passes; the 2012 iteration is seventh in the NFL in rushing, and therefore controls the ball better. New England is on pace for 444 first downs. The current record, set by New Orleans in 2011, is 411."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    So you think Houston's (#1 seed) a fraud and the Pat's (#2 seed) are just media hyped and overrated...Who do you like in the AFC?

Here are some stats on the Pats offense this year courtesy of Mr. Easterbrook at ESPN:

"In 2007, the Patriots set the NFL's single-season scoring record, averaging 37 points per game. This year's New England offense is nearly as good, averaging 36 points per game. By some measures this year's Patriots are superior -- plus-24 for turnovers versus plus-16 in 2007, 28 first downs per game versus 25 per in 2007. The 2007 New England offense featured quick-strike deep passes; the 2012 iteration is seventh in the NFL in rushing, and therefore controls the ball better. New England is on pace for 444 first downs. The current record, set by New Orleans in 2011, is 411."
    I think NE is over-hyped, yes. They are hard to beat in Foxboro, yes. I think they are not better than Broncos, a healthy Ravens (come Playoffs) or Houston, on a neutral field. If NE gets the #1 seed, they definitely have the inside track for the SB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If Brady were the Ravens, he would make the Ravens OL look like All Pros. He was so decisive with his reads, and got the ball out so fast that the Texans pass rush didn't have time to get to him. Brady made the Patriots OL look a lot better than they are by his play.
    I feel it's the system that makes him.

I'm not sure how many games people watch of Brady's but 9 out of 10 he has ALL DAY to throw, and has for years.

IMO, he is one of the most overrated players of our generation. Good? Yes. Very Good? yes. Great? Borderline.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I feel it's the system that makes him.

I'm not sure how many games people watch of Brady's but 9 out of 10 he has ALL DAY to throw, and has for years.

IMO, he is one of the most overrated players of our generation. Good? Yes. Very Good? yes. Great? Borderline.
    My thoughts exactly. I live in Michigan and the amount of Patriot fans is ridiculous because he went to U of M. I've gone round and round endless amounts of times explaining how Peyton > Brady. Their defense is always the same, Brady has the Lombardis.

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I live in Michigan and the amount of Patriot fans is ridiculous because he went to U of M. I've gone round and round endless amounts of times explaining how Peyton > Brady. Their defense is always the same, Brady has the Lombardis.
    Seriously, any time I watch him "lighting it up" this is what it looks like.