Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Agreed. I hope he is taking this as seriously as he says he is.Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    If the FO loaded his contract w/ $ incentives to keep the weight off, pass conditioning tests, and appear in set #'s of games/snaps, he'll take it seriously. The guy is still battling back from bankruptcy.

I think Mellette will "injure" himself and go on IR this year...but I like the upside this guy has.
    After Patton went I was clamouring for him in the draft thread. I thought I was on my own. Or have you only grown found of him since he was drafted

Edit: Carr is #42, #45 is Meshak Williams the DE out of Kansas State (6'3" 250lbs).

And yea, Simon is a CUT 260lbs. As Urban Meyer said: That guy is a Man.
    I knew Carr was 42 but I figured he may have changed his number

They look like they could be brothers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    After Patton went I was clamouring for him in the draft thread. I thought I was on my own. Or have you only grown found of him since he was drafted
    I liked Mellette a lot. Love the size. Love the hands. There were other guys I liked more, but Mellette was a good receiver to take a flier on in the 7th round.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I liked Mellette a lot. Love the size. Love the hands. There were other guys I liked more, but Mellette was a good receiver to take a flier on in the 7th round.

He was getting 3rd-4th round grades and I was just hoping they wouldnt take him that early.

Good interview with Caldwell on Baltimoreravens.com. Caldwell basically says that they need to develop the short passing game. Better first down run average. Those were two things that drove me insane with the Cam offense. It was also what made being the QB a tough prop. The offense consisted of low percentage throws and lots of 2nd and 3rd and longs. Also said they were working on their spread offense.

I am excited to see the offense this year. If Kyle J can run block out of the backfield this offense could be really dynamic.

Blog Entries

Definitely like where Caldwell's head is at.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Good interview with Caldwell on Baltimoreravens.com. Caldwell basically says that they need to develop the short passing game. Better first down run average. Those were two things that drove me insane with the Cam offense. It was also what made being the QB a tough prop. The offense consisted of low percentage throws and lots of 2nd and 3rd and longs. Also said they were working on their spread offense.

I am excited to see the offense this year. If Kyle J can run block out of the backfield this offense could be really dynamic.
    Yeah the first down YPC should naturally go up if the opposing defense at least thinks there is a remote possibility it could be a pass. Which for the last 5 years simply wasn't the case.

I'll admit I'm surprised we are hearing again about Melette. So far it seems like he's made a positive impression during every practice that has been open to the media. If he keeps it up he may work his way into the 2/3 receiver competition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post

Definitely like where Caldwell's head is at.
    Caldwell was a great pickup. I can't wait to see the offense this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Caldwell was a great pickup. I can't wait to see the offense this year.
    Let's treasure him while we've got him--if the offense is anywhere near as explosive as most of us are anticipating (or hoping), HC job offers will bury his desktop the minute the Ravens season ends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Let's treasure him while we've got him--if the offense is anywhere near as explosive as most of us are anticipating (or hoping), HC job offers will bury his desktop the minute the Ravens season ends.
    I agree. I expect him to be a HC next season. I think people will realize that he's a lot better coach then he was given credit for.

I expect the Ravens FO to have another coach ready to step up if Caldwell leaves.

But for now, I'm glad he's our offensive coordinator. I think he's going to help Joe and the whole offense immensely more than he already has.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I dunno I'm not convinced he would even except if offered. I think his experience in Indy soured him to the idea of head coaching, and he will be content to try to build a consistently good offense like he had with Manning in his glory years. Just as OC this time so hopefully he gets a bit more credit. This is dependent on the money matching up right too obviously.

This all just speculation on my part, but just hearing him talk about the past or future has always given me this impression.