Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Your questions have been answered as you've changed them.

You started off bitching about Bisciotti's supposed greed over a market / prices he has no control over and you've moved the goal posts to now wanting transparency when all you have to do is do a moderate amount of research or simply read your PSL agreement..

Sounds to me like you're just bitching to bitch.
    If you read my original post the main issue and the thing that set me off was the link to Prime Sports where as the Ravens partner they offered ticket only packages. What it looks like to me and many others that they got these tickets from the Ravens. Again transparency is what I am asking here. I would also note that after we beat Denver I wrote the Ravens and asked for details on the SB ticket lottery and didn't get a response. I then wrote on Monday and didn't get a response. It is not complaining just to complain...just seeking transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    If you read my original post the main issue and the thing that set me off was the link to Prime Sports where as the Ravens partner they offered ticket only packages. What it looks like to me and many others that they got these tickets from the Ravens. Again transparency is what I am asking here. I would also note that after we beat Denver I wrote the Ravens and asked for details on the SB ticket lottery and didn't get a response. I then wrote on Monday and didn't get a response. It is not complaining just to complain...just seeking transparency.
    It's controlled by the NFL.
    2 of my friends won.
    It sucks for those of us who didn't. Move along.

His questions have yet to be answered, I am not sure why people keep lying about that fact repeatedly.

There are two reasonable responses to his complaints: a) answering his questions (which no one apparently can do because the information is not public) or b) simply and politely telling him that the team has a right to do exactly what he is complaining about (not releasing the information) even if it seems unseemly to him.

An unreasonable response is one where you lie about him already having the answers or insult him about wanting to know the answers. There are many unreasonable responses on this thread.

My response to him is b).

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    His questions have yet to be answered, I am not sure why people keep lying about that fact repeatedly.

There are two reasonable responses to his complaints: a) answering his questions (which no one apparently can do because the information is not public) or b) simply and politely telling him that the team has a right to do exactly what he is complaining about (not releasing the information) even if it seems unseemly to him.

An unreasonable response is one where you lie about him already having the answers or insult him about wanting to know the answers. There are many unreasonable responses on this thread.

My response to him is b).
    At least this is a response that I can understand. Thank you. The other thing, is that I like everyone else on this board am a Raven fan who loves the team, that wears a Ravens laynard at work every day, that has a Ravens flag flying in my office, that has a Ravens screen saver, Ravens license plates, who wants the Ravens to win the Superbowl.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Manfred--
    I'll offer Haloti's answer b as well, and I can understand your frustration with the challenges of trying to win tickets through the Ravens lottery.

But a quick confession - I pissed and moaned to a group of 5 friends in 1995/1996 when we got together to grab 6 Ravens PSLs together in order to share amongst ourselves (individual schedules, health of one of the guys, etc.) I expressed why I was pissed off about the idea that I had to subsidize a situation where there was more money than the owners and league and players and agents and...knew what to do with!

One of the group of friends was kind enough to put things into perspective for me. We were ahead of many and "in line" to get our PSLs, but I was really pissed about (IIRC) the $2500 required for a nosebleed seat just for the opportunity to then turn around and shell out ANOTHER (again, IIRC) approx $600 a season for the tickets to that seat. He basically said that if I was not happy and didn't wish to participate, there were a shitload of folks in line behind me who were ready to oblige my discontent, and say,

"No problem, Beau, would you mind moving aside out of queue and let us move forward so WE can get the PSLs? Thanking you in advance!"

Not a completely similar issue to your desire for transperancy, but the bottom line is that the Ravens and the NFL are no longer a community based sport that transcends the relationship that fans and teams may have had before the 1970's - the bottom line is $$$.

p.s.
    I ended up purchasing my PSL, then purchased another from the wife of one of our group when he passed (she wasn't really interested in keeping it), then sold my two to one of our resident posters (who can expose himself if he wishes! ;)) and subsequently went in with a friend for 4 Club levels when I realized my petard enjoyed climate control! My friend then purchased my two PSLs when SWMBO and I moved to NC, but I'll always be a Ravens fan.
    Last edited by Beau Petard; 01-24-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: postscript

I just want for the record to say, that this AM I called PRIME SPORTs. I asked questions about the Super Bowl tickets.

i said that I heard that when the Ravens were in the Superbowl in 2001 that some people who were promised tickets by travel/ticket brokers ended up without tickets.

So I asked where did you get the tickets from. The salespersons response. "DIRECTLY FROM THE RAVENS!"

Last post on the subject, because it proves my original point. Thanks for all the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    I just want for the record to say, that this AM I called PRIME SPORTs. I asked questions about the Super Bowl tickets.

i said that I heard that when the Ravens were in the Superbowl in 2001 that some people who were promised tickets by travel/ticket brokers ended up without tickets.

So I asked where did you get the tickets from. The salespersons response. "DIRECTLY FROM THE RAVENS!"

Last post on the subject, because it proves my original point. Thanks for all the comments!
    LOL. Doesn't prove anything in my opinion. You ranted and kept moving the goalposts.

So does this mean you'll give up your PSLs now? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    LOL. Doesn't prove anything in my opinion. You ranted and kept moving the goalposts.

So does this mean you'll give up your PSLs now? Probably not.
    I didn't see him move any goalposts. I saw him trying politely and repeatedly to explain what he was talking about to bunch of lying and defensive posters who were not interested in a real discussion.

The letter/opening post was certainly a rant, but his complaints haven't been answered by anyone here at all, despite the multiple rude claims to the contrary.

And your last question is entirely irrelevant and I am not sure why you posed it at all.

All along his gripe was that in less than 24 hours after the Ravens made the SB, the team was directing people to a Broker who was selling tickets at 3+ times face value. That seems too quick of a turn around for the tickets to have come from a secondary source. Whether or not they come from the League or the Ravens could be questioned, and apparently he said the broker admitted they came directly from the Ravens (maybe the broker was lying, maybe Manfred is lying, who knows, but I don't see any reason why either would lie, nor do I have any desire to try to find out the truth).

Combined with the fact that the Ravens do not release (from what I have seen) exactly how many tickets they lottery off to PSL holders, or how exactly they lottery off the tickets (Club is favored by how much over non-club), I can see how one could conclude that the team is not looking after their 'standard' fan.

Whether or not it is true, no one has been able to say. Whether or not it is damning, if true, can be debated. Whether or not the Ravens have a right to do this, no one can really debate (they do).

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I didn't see him move any goalposts. I saw him trying politely and repeatedly to explain what he was talking about to bunch of lying and defensive posters who were not interested in a real discussion.

The letter/opening post was certainly a rant, but his complaints haven't been answered by anyone here at all, despite the multiple rude claims to the contrary.

And your last question is entirely irrelevant and I am not sure why you posed it at all.
    I reread his original rant and all of his replies, He did move the goalposts. Sorry if my question directed at someone else offended you.

11. Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Ticket brokers, including Prime Sport have tickets well before it is known who the two teams are playing. The Ravens can, at their discretion, select a broker that they know is legit to direct fans too who are looking for ways to purchase tickets if they were not selected in the lottery.

That's all there is to it. There is no need for more transparency, many people were selected in the lottery, most were not. Way of the world. The NFL is a business, so are the ticket brokers, this isn't anything new. Sending an email bitching to the owner is childish, somehow getting the complaint on the radio is childish and embarrassing to the rest of us fans.

I understand his point that the Ravens should come forward if tickets were given to a broker to sell. If they did then a lot of explaining would need to be done. It would be nice to know the breakdown of the tickets. If it was weighted towards club seat holders, where was the consideration for long time season ticket holders?? Being a 17 yr holder was my chances any better than someone who purchased 2 yrs ago?? It really is moot on my part after knowing all the expense involved. Hope for back to back appearances because New York is a 4 hr drive.