Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    Huh? Shaun Hill would clearly be a candidate to start. He showed more last year than Troy did.
    Hill was a feel good story last year I really don't think he was particularly good and the fact he's been beaten into the third string job (again) by JT O'Sullivan and Alex Smith suggests he's not going to waltz into our starting job. He'll be a candidate, but all he does is muddy the water again, I think he'd be the most bizarre pick up because he's not appreciably better than what we've got or what is available on the free agent market, so trading something (anything) away for him would be pretty pointless IMO.

If they really think Flacco is the future then there is no way I would let him near the field with this o-line. It basically took them 3 quarters before they got Boller killed. This o-line is so bad, that a QB doesn't just get hit, they get ran over like a freight train, usually by more than one guy. Our tackles can't even slow a man down much less stop him.

They should really just snap the ball right to Ray Rice all season.

If its a season-ending injury, would prefer to see a vet QB brought in. I shudder to think about our season with the 45% passing of Smith, the raw Flacco, and another green recruit. The "under" at 5 could be pretty attractive.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I really wonder what the veterans on this team would think if they didn't at least try to get a vet in here if Boller is done for the season.

I certainly don't think they will be happy or quiet about it.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I really wonder what the veterans on this team would think if they didn't at least try to get a vet in here if Boller is done for the season.

I certainly don't think they will be happy or quiet about it.

PP
    It'd been an interesting test of whether the players actually "wanted Smith" or "wanted anyone but Boller". Could be a litmus test for Smith's future with the team if the players were to decide by their reactions to whoever we bring in if Boller is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    If its a season-ending injury, would prefer to see a vet QB brought in. I shudder to think about our season with the 45% passing of Smith, the raw Flacco, and another green recruit. The "under" at 5 could be pretty attractive.
    Wins are the least of our problems this season. After a decade of piss poor o-lineman Ozzie has managed to outdo himself and field the worst o-line in the history of the game. We need to worry about keeping players healthy now, so they may be able to play in a couple years when we may be a competitor again. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't win more than 5 games in this offense.

7. Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Wins are the least of our problems this season. After a decade of piss poor o-lineman Ozzie has managed to outdo himself and field the worst o-line in the history of the game. We need to worry about keeping players healthy now, so they may be able to play in a couple years when we may be a competitor again. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't win more than 5 games in this offense.
    Tom Brady & Peyton would be casualties behind this offensive Offensive line....:bag: Our faithful GM and his QB's------->

On the play where Boller was injured, Chester was knocked into the backfield like he was wearing roller skates. And some of you guys want our prized rookie QB behind this? :grbac:

I'm leaning toward the idea of putting Smith back there and letting him run for his life until he finally gets clobbered too. And maybe we can bring in Jeff George to play behind this line, since I've never liked him.

This pessimism is seriously killing me, I don't even know why I bother reading this board anymore

In the beginning of the off-season, things were great, new HC, everybody being optimistic, then we drafted Flacco, and in general people were happy. Now we're a week away from the beginning of the season, and this is the worst team ever and we have no chance of doing anything

Good grief! Let's talk about how are season sucks AFTER the first couple of games, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    This pessimism is seriously killing me, I don't even know why I bother reading this board anymore

In the beginning of the off-season, things were great, new HC, everybody being optimistic, then we drafted Flacco, and in general people were happy. Now we're a week away from the beginning of the season, and this is the worst team ever and we have no chance of doing anything

Good grief! Let's talk about how are season sucks AFTER the first couple of games, yeah?

That is all I have been saying. We can beat the Bungles. Lets just focus on that for now if looking down the road makes the faithful tremble.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Come on now, don't go overboard. Our middle is pretty decent. Terry is pretty decent at tackle. So we need another decent tackle. I'm not a Gaither fan just yet.

Now depth, that's is big issue.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post

Thats right, and in that time we've had major injuries to some of our important positions, a HC that seems to like hiding information from everyone like......ohhhhhh.......injuries to the team, a QB situation that has been in flux since training camp opened up; need I go on?

Things are a bit different than the beginning of the off-season.