Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Send Off?

Works out perfectly for me, anyone planning on playing hookie? Hope this weather warms up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I recall there being a Super Bowl send off for the Ravens before SB XXXV downtown at the Inner Harbor. Anyone know if they will have a similar event? How far in advance does the team head out to the city where the Super Bowl will be held. Thanks in advance, I simply cannot stop smiling. Giddy may be the right word.
    Ravens send off.jpg
    I work for Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts; they just sent out this e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well come for the send off, new honorary fan! (I haven't been back to Cincinasty..as I've sworn off my in-laws for the foreseeable future..but when/if I do..we're having lunch!)
    The difference between in-laws and outlaws is outlaws are wanted.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Works out perfectly for me, anyone planning on playing hookie? Hope this weather warms up.
    Yeah Probably. I was thinking of taking the kids out of school for it..but I figure I'll just wait until the parade for all of that.

On a nice note, my boss today decided to close Monday (after the Super bowl) knowing we will all have had no sleep/hangovers. Was such a nice surprise phone call. He's a NY'er/not a Ravens fan :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I heard they are having a Pep Rally at the Polar Bear plunge on Saturday but im not sure if its the official one or if players will be there
    Hope so. I'll be there with 200 some plungers from the other Ravens Roosts so bring it on!

In 2001 they had a Pep Rally at the Inner Harbor between the Light and Pratt St pavilions. I was there, Shannon Sharpe said "Round 8:30 on Jan 28th get ready to party ya'll cuz we're bringing you the Super Bowl Trophy!"

It was cool as a cuke.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

7. Re: Super Bowl Send Off?

Thanks for this. Don't have the funds to make it down to New Orleans. So I will definitely be there. Who else is going?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Ravens send off.jpg
    I work for Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts; they just sent out this e-mail
    With the usual level of competence we've come to expect from the City of Baltimore, someone spent a fair amount of time to produce that little flyer (& probably charged the taxpayers for twice as long as it took) and then LEFT OUT THE LOCATION. (Yeah, Inner Horror Amphitheater, I got that from post #13 above, but jeezy peezy, you would've thought someone would've noticed there was no "place" in the piece!)

ETA: AccuWeather Monday forecast is cloudy, temps in the 30s, winds 6 mph gusting to 11. Could be worse. I'm game. Anyone else going? Maybe we can organize a quick meetup?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

ETA: AccuWeather Monday forecast is cloudy, temps in the 30s, winds 6 mph gusting to 11. Could be worse. I'm game. Anyone else going? Maybe we can organize a quick meetup?
    Im jumping in the Bay on Saturday in these temps so I think I can manage to handle standing out in them for another good cause. I'll be there

Brtender, is it too late to sign up for the plunge? Or will I be able to walk on and participate. I have a karmic offering I owe to Lombardis, chief among the football gods reigning in Canton.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Nevermind. Just did. Donated 50 to guarantee I make enough since I only have today to raise funds.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I'll be there - it's right across from my office.