Don't think I've seen anyone mention this but...

Joe Flacco has thrown at least 2 TDs in 6 straight playoff games.

Awesome

Blog Entries

Re: Don't think I've seen anyone mention this but...

After his first two years in the league, Joe's postseason stats have been pretty good actually...

Postseasons

2010 - He had a "tuneup" game against the Chiefs. We blew them out, and they didn't get anything on Joe defensively. Then was the 2010 Steelers game where he had that TERRIBLE 2nd half pick directed towards Heap. And he did lose a Fumble. But he completed 53% of his passes, finished with a rating of 61. Keep in mind, in 5 games between 2008 and 2009, Joe had just a single game with a higher rating in the postseason (vs the Titans in 2008)

2011 - The Houston game was ugly...but Joe didn't turn the ball over (One fumble, recovered by Grubbs) and threw 2 TDs. His rating of 97.1 in that game ranked 2nd only to the Chiefs game in the 2010 postseason. Joe's play in the New England game really should've been his best ever, if not for two plays. The INT to Spikes and the Evans drop. If you take away the INT and add the TD to Evans, it swings it from 22/36, 306 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT...to 23/36, 320 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, a swing in rating from 95 to 120!

2012 - Enough said, Mr Super Bowl MVP. Joe's "worst" game of this playoffs was vs NE...With a terrible rating of 106.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

When are we going to start Tyrod Taylor?

Blog Entries

What will be interesting to see is Ravens v Steelers in the playoffs...Technically speaking, in two postseason games vs the Steelers...Joe's numbers are abysmal:

29 completions
    60 attempts
    266 yards
    1 TD
    4 INTs
    1 FL
    Rating: 38.6

Now, all of us have seen him have better numbers in the regular season vs PIT:

2011 - 117.6, 85.4
    2012 - 75.5, 61.9

But even then, you see a declining trend in the last 4 games. Will be interesting to see how Caldwell's influence with play calling changes those numbers vs the Steelers.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The Ravens are going to destroy the steelers both games next season. Flacco will have a qb rating of 115 or higher both games.

Blog Entries

I admit that I used to think Ravens fans were paranoid about the lack of respect for Joe by the National Media. I am witnessing it now and it kills me how little acclaim Joe is receiving. We are also used to it in Cincinnati, but it still sucks.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I admit that I used to think Ravens fans were paranoid about the lack of respect for Joe by the National Media. I am witnessing it now and it kills me how little acclaim Joe is receiving. We are also used to it in Cincinnati, but it still sucks.
    It's really crazy. There have been some media people that have come around since the SB, but there are still some notable haters such as Trent Dilfer and Tim Hasselbeck. I really don't get it. What has Flacco done to these guys? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's really crazy. There have been some media people that have come around since the SB, but there are still some notable haters such as Trent Dilfer and Tim Hasselbeck. I really don't get it. What has Flacco done to these guys? lol
    Haven't really been following too closely. What have these guys been saying?
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Haven't really been following too closely. What have these guys been saying?
    Trent Dilfer: Glennon and Landry Jones are better prospects than Flacco

One hour after Hoge's attempt at ranking quarterbacks, he was benched in favor of former NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, who presented a much more reasonable top five. There is still room for argument here. But at least he is in the neighborhood. In fact, Hasselbeck said Flacco was not even in the top seven, noting "you can't be a prisoner to the moment" of having just won a Super Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    After his first two years in the league, Joe's postseason stats have been pretty good actually...

Postseasons

2010 - He had a "tuneup" game against the Chiefs. We blew them out, and they didn't get anything on Joe defensively. Then was the 2010 Steelers game where he had that TERRIBLE 2nd half pick directed towards Heap. And he did lose a Fumble. But he completed 53% of his passes, finished with a rating of 61. Keep in mind, in 5 games between 2008 and 2009, Joe had just a single game with a higher rating in the postseason (vs the Titans in 2008)

2011 - The Houston game was ugly...but Joe didn't turn the ball over (One fumble, recovered by Grubbs) and threw 2 TDs. His rating of 97.1 in that game ranked 2nd only to the Chiefs game in the 2010 postseason. Joe's play in the New England game really should've been his best ever, if not for two plays. The INT to Spikes and the Evans drop. If you take away the INT and add the TD to Evans, it swings it from 22/36, 306 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT...to 23/36, 320 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, a swing in rating from 95 to 120!

2012 - Enough said, Mr Super Bowl MVP. Joe's "worst" game of this playoffs was vs NE...With a terrible rating of 106.
    His receives had a case of the dropsies against Piitsburgh in 2010, which means he could easily have had over 200 yards, an extra touchdown and a higher completion percentage. Also that fumble my be credited on Flacco's stat sheet but that was 100% Birk's fault as he snapped it into his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Also that fumble my be credited on Flacco's stat sheet but that was 100% Birk's fault as he snapped it into his leg.
    I get so annoyed when people mention that fumble as a Flacco negative play. That was definitely Birk's fault.