Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Teixeria

Mark Teixeria

who likes the chances of us signing him?

Re: Mark Teixeria

Not unless he can take the mound every 5 days and give 7 innings @ less then an era of 4.

Mark Teixeria is from Maryland!

Oriole fans crack me up. Every year it's the same thing - "will we sign [insert big name free agent here]?" and then "if we sign [insert big name free agent here] it will draw the fans back and with the money we can build a winning franchise.

Every sports agent knows you can use the Orioles to drive up the price for REAL baseball franchises.

Rafael Furcal would have been a legitimate signing for a position of desperate need, and we failed again. Go figure. Being an Orioles fan is like being a Bengals fan with even less of a chance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Oriole fans crack me up. Every year it's the same thing - "will we sign [insert big name free agent here]?" and then "if we sign [insert big name free agent here] it will draw the fans back and with the money we can build a winning franchise.

Every sports agent knows you can use the Orioles to drive up the price for REAL baseball franchises.

Rafael Furcal would have been a legitimate signing for a position of desperate need, and we failed again. Go figure. Being an Orioles fan is like being a Bengals fan with even less of a chance.
    Mostly true....McPhail is trying, but 'Ass'elos hasn't opened his wallet yet. If they were going to sign someone to big money it should be Mark Teixeira. He is a good hitter and he is from Baltimore. It would bring people back to the stadium. This team has so many holes though....:grbac:

6. Re: Mark Teixeria

I'm convinced Satan is cursed. Doesn't matter who he signs, they will spring leaks elsewhere.

Honestly, I try not to say this much because I don't want to ruin some fans hot stoves.

But they now have NY/Bos/& TB ahead of them. Not to mention a sporadic Toronto. I may never see them win the WS again in my lifetime. And I'm 40.

Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    Not unless he can take the mound every 5 days and give 7 innings @ less then an era of 4.

If that was the role he served the chances would be even slimmer then they are now he becomes an Oriole.

No way Angelos forks over that type of coin for a player that only sees the field every 5 days.
    He's even come right out and said it himself.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Angels back out, we may be in line for nabbing him!

Sure, but the Yankers are still in the running. And so are the Nats. If there is any rumor to the 200,000,000 supposedly being offered by the Nats, it will be a tough sell for B-more.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Source says he signed with Yankees.

We get to boo the shit out of this turncoat, money-grubbing asshole 9 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

We get to boo the shit out of this turncoat, money-grubbing asshole 9 times a year.
    Yeah, you an the other 2,000 Orioles fans at Camdern Yards. Your boos will be drowned out by the let's go Yankees cheer that sounds like a cash register ringing to Peter.

Remember, don't interfere with any Yankees fans good time or you will be kicked out of Fenway south.

12. Re: Mark Teixeria

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

As usual it is the player that gets blamed? Would you play for Angelos? I wouldn't. Especially not for 40 million dollars less.

Why is it always the player that has to sacrifice to this guy?

Wake me up when they are sold.