Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: HARBs has big plans for Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd certainly consider Zack Martin at 17 just to further secure the line. The problem is, what if guys like Justin Gilbert are on the board too? It's going to come down to Ozzie's board ultimately, so we'll see.

I like Wagner. But a line of Monroe-KO-Zuttah-Yanda-Martin is just about as athletic as it gets, and will be a perfect line for Kubiak to work with. KO and Yanda are nasty, mean blockers who will punish defenders cut blocking, although KO will have to work on his laterall movement.
    Exactly.

Oz will take the BAA and if it's Martin, he's our new RT. Doesnt get more physical than that which is why I still think Zack is the #1 pick with all the emphasis on the line as soon as the season ended. They have to protect Joe. We can still get a FS and CB later on. Oz can trade up for Jimmy Ward in second round if he likes him.

Martin is still the safe pick at #17. I still don't think Piss let's Evans or Ebron drop to us unless they are both at 16 which is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You must have missed the entire off season like acquiring a new Center, Zuttah, who didn't give up any sacks last year, and re-signing MOnroe and KOs back is better and getting rid of
    Oher with Wagner getting first shot at RT and All Pro RG Yanda coming back as strong as
    ever not to mention a new offsensive coach with not only a better offense but a new and simpler ZBS as well, one our players should be able to learn and master unlike the last one
    that Gino and Oher couldn't learn much less master. And Gino be holding the splinters on the bench.

They'll be able to hold their blocks for more than 2 secs. Trust me.
    No, I didn't miss the entire off season. They appear to be better, but we won't know until the games start. You're assuming that Wagner is going to be very good, KO will be 100 percent, and Yanda will be back playing at a pro bowl level. How will Zuttah mesh with the rest of the line? Although, on paper, it looks very promising, there are still a lot of question marks. I love the Kubiak hire and I'm hoping he can turn it around, but remember, he's taking over an offense that was historically bad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post

No, I didn't miss the entire off season. They appear to be better, but we won't know until the games start. You're assuming that Wagner is going to be very good, KO will be 100 percent, and Yanda will be back playing at a pro bowl level. How will Zuttah mesh with the rest of the line? Although, on paper, it looks very promising, there are still a lot of question marks. I love the Kubiak hire and I'm hoping he can turn it around, but remember, he's taking over an offense that was historically bad.
    Yanda went to the pro bowl last season, just for the record.

Based on his name, not performance.

That's correct. Yanda was not himself.
    He never got the chance to get in the shape he is used to being in.
    KO was hurt. And Gino was terrible.
    That is the entire middle of the Oline...plus Oher.
    Right now, on paper, we have an Oline ready to run the new offense.
    And the players, hopefully will FIT the new system.
    It is a more athletic line. That was part of the problem, compounded with the injuries.
    We did not have any quality depth.
    I don't think that will happen again.

Blog Entries

IIRC, Ravens seem to swing back and forth with the OLine
    They always try to keep a pipeline of developmentals in the flow, hoping to use the higher rounds on more skill positions.
    Then the pendulum swings and we realize that Harewood, Jah, Hale, Reitz, Hall, Mattison and the ilk aren't going to cut it, and we spend some high picks on OL like Grubbs, Oher and 2nd round KO, Chester (sorry Adam Terry)

There are successes from time to time after the first couple of rounds like Yanda in the 3rd (remember that Yanda was out 2nd 3rd rounder we took Yamon Figures before him), Jason Brown, and Tony Pashos did develop as a 4th

Hard to call this year if we take an OL 1st but with the failure of Jah, loss of Oher, injury to KO, shakiness of Gino....
    We have only had one OL in the first 2 rounds of the last 4 years..... Zuttah is a wild card in the mix, but I think it is time for OL very early based on pendulum swings.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    IIRC, Ravens seem to swing back and forth with the OLine
    They always try to keep a pipeline of developmentals in the flow, hoping to use the higher rounds on more skill positions.
    Then the pendulum swings and we realize that Harewood, Jah, Hale, Reitz, Hall, Mattison and the ilk aren't going to cut it, and we spend some high picks on OL like Grubbs, Oher and 2nd round KO, Chester (sorry Adam Terry)

There are successes from time to time after the first couple of rounds like Yanda in the 3rd (remember that Yanda was out 2nd 3rd rounder we took Yamon Figures before him), Jason Brown, and Tony Pashos did develop as a 4th

Hard to call this year if we take an OL 1st but with the failure of Jah, loss of Oher, injury to KO, shakiness of Gino....
    We have only had one OL in the first 2 rounds of the last 4 years..... Zuttah is a wild card in the mix, but I think it is time for OL very early based on pendulum swings.
    I agree. If the Ravens can get a plug-in RT within the first two rounds, then I'd be satisfied. The signings of Monroe and Zuttah show Ozzie means business when it comes to bolstering the Oline. Letting Oher walk, which I was in favor of, means there's a hole @ RT. KO was OK there, but seems more suited @ LG. If we can get a guy like Lewan, Moses, or JJames among others, then I'd be ... Bc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
    Based on his name, not performance.
    That's just not true at all. Check filmstudy's grades of him, the grades are still pretty solid. He wasn't Yanda from the SB, but he was still a good player, and our only good lineman along with Monroe in 2013.

I think that Kubiak instantly upgrades the line with his scheme in place. Now we have a better C, KO returning at LG, who will be an upgrade over Shipley, Yanda and Monroe will both likely be high level players. The one question is at RT. Is Wagner good enough to start at RT? Will he be an upgrade over Oher? I'm just not sold personally. I'm hoping for Zack Martin at this point, he could well be an instant upgrade over Oher at RT in Kubiak's scheme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I already know Wagner is going to be good. I saw him stand his man up in Miami as Rice scored over him and he was a rookie.

Zuttah is a millions times better than Gino and played in every game every year he was in JAX. That's a give.

KO says his back is better and he's in the weight room lifting.

Yanda is also a given. He was the only one who learned the ZBS.

This line is much better as it stands and gets even better with Zack Martin. That's a fact
    Jack.

Blog Entries

KO says his back is better and he's in the weight room lifting.
    Comparatives are tricky things, AF. Better than when it landed him on IR last year? Almost surely. Better enough to approach his 2012 level of play? Not by any means a given.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Zuttah is a millions times better than Gino and played in every game every year he was in JAX.
    Zuttah played for Tampa Bay, not Jacksonville. Florida is Florida, I suppose.;)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's just not true at all. Check filmstudy's grades of him, the grades are still pretty solid. He wasn't Yanda from the SB, but he was still a good player, and our only good lineman along with Monroe in 2013.

I think that Kubiak instantly upgrades the line with his scheme in place. Now we have a better C, KO returning at LG, who will be an upgrade over Shipley, Yanda and Monroe will both likely be high level players. The one question is at RT. Is Wagner good enough to start at RT? Will he be an upgrade over Oher? I'm just not sold personally. I'm hoping for Zack Martin at this point, he could well be an instant upgrade over Oher at RT in Kubiak's scheme.
    I'm not counting on that. There was a lot of heady optimism on this board when we hired Castillo and Caldwell. I hope Kubiak will be the answer, or at least part of a solution. We are improved on paper, IF Kubiak's system proves to be a good fit with our personnel, IF KO's back is healed, IF Yanda is the Yanda from the second half of last year and not the first, and IF whoever plays RT ends up being more Zeus and less Adam Terry.

That's a lot of IF.
    "Chin up, chest out."