Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anquan boldin

Re: Anquan boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Cam is a shitty offensive coordinator. A lockout saved his job. Period. Next question.
    Couldn't agree more, really wish they would have canned him this year

Blog Entries

Not sure why anyone would consider him a #1 receiver. The Ravens don't have a #1, and neither do a lot of the teams in the league

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    He's been misutilized, period. His whole game surround's the quick slant and out muscling defenders and Cam hasn't called that. It doesn't even have to be in the slot can be from the outside. Anyone that thought he has ever been a deep threat in his career obviously hasn't paid attention.

Was he worth the money? I say no to be honest. But thats just me. Total disapointment in the way he's been utilized. As for does he have a future after this year, doubtfull that we resign him unless its at a bargain price.
    +1. If we ran more quick post/cross/slant routes, he would be useful. I love his blocking ability and attitude of going after defenders. A west-coast style offense would really help this team...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not sure why anyone would consider him a #1 receiver. The Ravens don't have a #1, and neither do a lot of the teams in the league
    But he gets paid like a #1 wr.

His $6mil salary for 2012 is the 7th highest for a receiver in the entire league.

Thats the thing...he was brought in to be that #1 guy but it hasnt worked out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    He's been misutilized, period. His whole game surround's the quick slant and out muscling defenders and Cam hasn't called that. It doesn't even have to be in the slot can be from the outside. Anyone that thought he has ever been a deep threat in his career obviously hasn't paid attention.

Was he worth the money? I say no to be honest. But thats just me. Total disapointment in the way he's been utilized. As for does he have a future after this year, doubtfull that we resign him unless its at a bargain price.

i agree with the big price tag but i would hope the market would support a reduced price and the ravens keep him. he plays like a raven and i would hate to lose him as a possesion receiver. i thought leron mcclain played like a raven as well and i hated to see him go to KC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cam used to send Heap deep too. I can even remember him sending McGahee deep on occasion which made no sense at all. Doesn't matter how square that peg is. Cam is going to keep forcing it into the round hole.
    Yup. Remember that Pittsburgh playoff game where Ryan Clark rocked McGahee? That was easily a pass that was 15 yards or so down the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Chalk me up as being super disappointed with Boldin as a Raven.

He's one of my favorite players and has been since he was a Cardinal. I'm not a Florida State fan or even a Cardinals fan, but I have to respect and admire a player who plays the way he does. He's a bull playing a finesse position and I think it's great.

Yes, I certainly agree that Cam has completely misused Boldin since being here, but I've seen Boldin drop more passes than I can remember and it's rare to see him break tackles and gain those tough YAC that he was so famous for as a Cardinal.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Chalk me up as being super disappointed with Boldin as a Raven.

He's one of my favorite players and has been since he was a Cardinal. I'm not a Florida State fan or even a Cardinals fan, but I have to respect and admire a player who plays the way he does. He's a bull playing a finesse position and I think it's great.

Yes, I certainly agree that Cam has completely misused Boldin since being here, but I've seen Boldin drop more passes than I can remember and it's rare to see him break tackles and gain those tough YAC that he was so famous for as a Cardinal.
    Couldn't of said it better. Boldin is a mini tight end basically, playing wide.

I don't consider his two years here "underwhelming" -- maybe those who think that had expectations that might have been a little lofty. I certainly still think it was a good trade. I was always a Mason fan but I don't know what you mean when you say Mason brought more to the team than Boldin.

Having said that, I'm all for upgrading the passing game, but it goes beyond the WRs. I still remember Greg Cosell's somewhat scathing indictment of Cam's offensive game plans last year, which as I recall was that the plays and formations were all so predictable. I'm not confident that will change this coming season but I wish it would.

Blog Entries

Compared to mason's production when he came over in 2005, boldin just hasnt hit it off here like mason did. Look at the numbers side by side. When we signed him for 4 years i definately expected four 1000+ yd seasons. Im pretty underwhelmed. Boldin was a highlight machine before he showed up in the land where receivers come to die.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    But he gets paid like a #1 wr.

His $6mil salary for 2012 is the 7th highest for a receiver in the entire league.

Thats the thing...he was brought in to be that #1 guy but it hasnt worked out that way.
    Fair enough. Hopefully this will be his breakout year or he won't be around next year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Q is down at the castle for voluntary OTA's, sharing his knowledge with the young WR's and putting in work.

A lot of talk lately about how underwelming his 2 years with the team have been, and i was just wondering what some of you guys thought about it.

His numbers have been pretty mediocre for a #1 wr. They dont even hold up when looking at what derrick mason brought to this team. Does the leadership he brings and his threat as a downfield blocker offset what he has lacked in receptions and yardage? Is it all camerons fault? Was he worth the draft picks and salary? Is he a better option in the slot than dickson/pitta at this point? Does he have a future with the team beyond 2012?

A lot of question marks surrounding our "#1" WR these days, IMO.
    To be fair when comparing him to Mason, Mason never played with a #2 WR who had more than 40 catches at any given time (in Cameron's offense) before playing with Boldin. His only real competition for balls before Boldin was Heap and Rice. Boldin is competing with Rice, a #1 TE, a #2 TE and an emerging Torrey Smith in an offense that's really boom or bust as far as passing goes. I guess what I am arguing is that the Ravens have more options now.