Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Could and Would

Blog Entries

Re: Could and Would

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    We're going to find a place for Jah Reid I think. Im not sure where but at bear minimum I think he will be our top versatile back up. Especially if he can play guard.

I'm inclined to think that Oher is a RT as well and as such I think we will look to draft a LT. If Reid can play at LT I think thats just added surprise. I thought Gaither was going to be groomed for it, I have less faith in Reid but maybe he can do it.
    We heard the same thing about Cousins. I have no idea what Reid can or can't do because we haven't seen him but they don't always work out. Just because they drafted him doesn't mean Reid will ever play much or be any good.

We can all sit here and say that there will not be a team that is foolish enough to trade up, but you have to remember that not everybody grades the players the same way. Add to that the intensity of the draft and there can always be somebody with their eye on a player that suddenly gets paranoid that somebody else is ready to move and grab him, so they leap. There also can be earlier moves that change the board and throw teams off on how fast positions are available.

I am confident that Ozzie will make the best move at the time. He could go up, go down or stay put and it would not be a surprise.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    So my question is this: Could the Ravens trade the 1st rounder this year, for a third this year, and a first next year?
    I don't think that is enough value. Every draft is different, but I heard once (and I cannot find a link) that when trading future picks, they are worth a round higher than the current year's pick. In other words, this year's 2nd is worth next year's 1st. I don't know why that would be other than a team has targeted a specific player now, so there is more value in the current pick than in the future one, especially if that team thinks they will improve (and therefore have a pick later in the round).

So, the Ravens wouldn't trade this year's first for just a first and a third next year when they could theoretically trade this year's second for someones's first next year. Does that make sense, because i'm really rambling here?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I honestly think Jah Reid's future is at left tackle not guard anyway, call me crazy but he will be McKinnies successor.
    I don't think you're crazy at all. I've had high hopes for Reid ever since we signed him.

Of course maybe that just means I am crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We heard the same thing about Cousins. I have no idea what Reid can or can't do because we haven't seen him but they don't always work out. Just because they drafted him doesn't mean Reid will ever play much or be any good.
    Valid points about how we don't know much about Reid.

But regarding Cousins, you're right that the Ravens kept saying how he would develop, etc. But that guy never passed this fan's eye test. I never saw Cousins do anything that gave me confidence. He started fights in camp, looked consistently like crap in every game situation I saw, including the preseason when playing against scrubs. This continued every year he was on the team. He's a guy who could not have looked any worse, so when the Ravens talked him up, it was obviously a big pile of BS.

Reid is different. For starters he looks the part of an OT. The dude is huge with the "long" build you want to see in an OT. And in his (few) outings in the preseason he looked decent in his rookie year.

Does that mean he'll turn into a starter? No. He might not. But I would have bet my house (and won!) that Cousins would never amount to anything. Reid is a guy who at least has potential.

Reid at least knows how to use his hands and feet. Cousins had trouble moving during a play.

Truth: STL needs receivers.
    Truth: STL is not in the AFC and likely won't ever see us in the SB.
    Truth: STL probably won't play us during the regular season until 2015.
    Truth: The value chart goes out the window when the clock is ticking.

Probable: STL takes Blackmon at #6...but they'd also love to have Hill.
    Probable: They believe that divisional foe SF will take Hill at #30.

Possible?: They happily trade both #33 (upper 2nd rd) and #65 (top of the 3rd rd) to us (for #29) to nab Hill from SF.

This is gives us #33 (Zeitler), #60 (R. Lewis), #65 (B. Brooks) and #91 (Childs).

While I can't see Fisher encouraging his GM to make this deal, the idea of it makes me smile. :D

Cool Re: Could and Would

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

Possible?: They happily trade both #33 (upper 2nd rd) and #65 (top of the 3rd rd) to us (for #29) to nab Hill from SF.

This is gives us #33 (Zeitler), #60 (R. Lewis), #65 (B. Brooks) and #91 (Childs).

While I can't see Fisher encouraging his GM to make this deal, the idea of it makes me smile. :D
    Brother,

If this happened and we selected those players, I wouldn't just be smiling, I'd be laughing!

Blog Entries

The solution to this problem is simple, figure out who Atlanta is in love with and give them a call.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

I'd be cool with that, however two guards in the second round? Unless your going to make Zeitler the future center (and I think you either make that Peter Konz, or a later pick like Gino Gradkowski in the 6th-7th.), or think Brooks is a tackle, then that to me makes no sense. Remember it's only one guard that we need, Yanda is an all pro calibre guard. I love Childs too, but I feel that he could be had in the late third. So with that said, I would change your Zeitler and Childs pick with, Alshon Jeffery (with the early second round pick), and Mychal Kendricks (with the early third), and hope that Childs is around for the late third round pick.

You could have two talented WR's on your team, and one is going to replace Boldin after 2012, and the other will be in the slot, of which order I don't know as they are both very talented. Jeffery would probably be better suited in the slot though. You also have your pass rusher to compete with Kruger and Kindle in Ronnel Lewis, and your big talented guard with Brandon Brooks who could immediately replace Grubbs. Kendricks could be a developmental ILB who adds a pass rushing presence from the middle.

Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd be cool with that, however two guards in the second round? Unless your going to make Zeitler the future center (and I think you either make that Peter Konz, or a later pick like Gino Gradkowski in the 6th-7th.), or think Brooks is a tackle, then that to me makes no sense. Remember it's only one guard that we need, Yanda is an all pro calibre guard. I love Childs too, but I feel that he could be had in the late third. So with that said, I would change your Zeitler and Childs pick with, Alshon Jeffery (with the early second round pick), and Mychal Kendricks (with the early third), and hope that Childs is around for the late third round pick.

You could have two talented WR's on your team, and one is going to replace Boldin after 2012, and the other will be in the slot, of which order I don't know as they are both very talented. Jeffery would probably be better suited in the slot though. You also have your pass rusher to compete with Kruger and Kindle in Ronnel Lewis, and your big talented guard with Brandon Brooks who could immediately replace Grubbs. Kendricks could be a developmental ILB who adds a pass rushing presence from the middle.

Boom.
    OR with the Brooks pick, take Billy Winn, DE, Boise State, 6'4", 295, ran a 4.85 twice at his pro day.
    Filling a need and maybe the best player available at that pick.

And instead of Childs, we grab Ladarius Green, TE, La.-Lafayette.
    He can play TE and we can move him out wide in the redzone due to his 6'6" height and 4.53 speed.

If a trade is made it wont be for picks in next years draft as we will be getting at ton of comp picks. I can see us moving to the early 2nd round (first 3 picks) and getting and extra 3rd this year. I dont see us moving up unless by the time pick 24 comes along most of the players oz is targeting are gone then we may have to move to 25 to get someone we want.

At the end of the day I see us sitting back and waiting for someone to fall as someone will be stupid to reach for a player or two with 2nd round grades and then someone falls to us. Or we trade back as there is great talent in the 2nd round.