Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Saying goodbye to AD might be best for the Ravens

Keeping AD could keep the Ravens from another title...

More here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Saying goodbye to AD might be best for the Ravens

Great article TL.

I agree 100%!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Keeping AD could keep the Ravens from another title...
    here.
    Yup. Ozzie made similar comments to Biscotti's 'windows' remark also. AD, I hope you get paid what you deserve, we'll be ok without you.
    This one's for you AD, I hope you don't go somewhere bad. :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I agree 1000% Tony; I've been saying similar things for weeks now. I hope AD either stays with a hometown discount or gets paid handsomely somewhere else.

Great Article, Tony. After reading the other 2 articles regarding the salary cap, it's clear to see the Ravens are NOT going to franchise him, nor are they going to rush to sign him, either. They will let him test the market and if the market doesn't turn out some insane price, the Ravens may make an offer that is reasonable, long term, and one that won't break the bank for the future. It is clear to me the Ravens want consistency year in and year out like the Patriots and the Eagles. It's no fun entering into a season knowing its a building year and you are eliminated from the playoffs right out of the gate (aka Baltimore Orioles).

6. Thumbs up Re: Saying goodbye to AD might be best for the Ravens

Nice article TL! I agree 100%...I love AD, but there are linebackers waiting in his shadow...I truly believe this statement you made is true impart to one, Ray Lewis! "the Ravens develop productive linebackers the way the Atlanta Braves produce pitchers." Ray's strong desire and competitiveness to win makes all his fellow linebackers play at an extra level...Mark my words, when Ray Lewis retires we will see a slow decline in our great linebacker's play!

Thumbs down Re: Saying goodbye to AD might be best for the Ravens

Diasagree. The only reason the Ravens are contenders is the Defense. Losing Thomas would be huge. I don't think we'd be the #1 defense without Thomas, and our offense needs a lot more than just replacing Jamal Lewis to become above average. I hope that our FO stays with the formula that got us here since the 1998 season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T brings up an excellent point. Our offense hasn't won very many games in, oh let's just say forever.

Improving the running game will help, but what's out there in FA that is going to put us over the top? Turner will probably be tagged and there isn't anybody that really jumps out as a major improvement.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Diasagree. The only reason the Ravens are contenders is the Defense. Losing Thomas would be huge. I don't think we'd be the #1 defense without Thomas, and our offense needs a lot more than just replacing Jamal Lewis to become above average. I hope that our FO stays with the formula that got us here since the 1998 season.
    Seeing as we did not win squat until 2000, I think you meant "the formula that got us here since 2000."

As for AD, our defense will miss his presence, but it won't be "huge" to lose AD. Our defense would still be number 1 without him as it was number 1 before anyone knew of AD's talent. It is this system along with the COLLECTION of talent on defense that makes us a dominant defense. And even if we do fall off, the D would still be good enough to get us to a SB.

Another thing is that AD will have to find a system that utilizes him correctly as we do. Wish him the best, but I am not worried of losing AD.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

that's because you and other blind people don't see the impact he has and assume people give a damn because he's a public figure with a radio show.

Ask any football person out there, any opponent we played, what the first thing they had to do when they played against our defense and they would say "find where 96 is lining up."

Ray Lewis is just "a guy" right now. Teams ran plays AT him to avoid running plays at AD and Bart Scott.

Let's put it this way. Losing AD in 2007 would be at a bare minimum equally as crippling as losing Ray Lewis would have been in 2001.

AD is the most versatile defender in the entire NFL. Not just on our team. And he's not a jack of all trades, master of none type guy either. The man is ferocious off the edge, in coverage, and against the run. There is not a better linebacker for our defense in the league, period. If we lose him, you will see a drastic drop off.

You didn't read the entire piece there RT. No one knocked AD's play, quite the opposite. You missed the gist of the article. We're all entitled to opinions, hence the purpose for this board and the purpose of a column.

But I have to ask, who's really the blind one here?

Yeah the article makes it points. At the end of the day its a business and the salary cap is doing what its designed to do. Spread the wealth of talent amongst the league. From a talent stand point and in what AD brings, its no questions he belongs here. The dollar and cents side of the equations says he'll command far more that what would give the franchise can give at the "right player, right price " motto will allow. Bottom line. AD Baltimore wishes you the best.. .